JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to sell our house and move from Newberg to Oregon City area. Tired of the commute to work near the airport.
We have some high school age kids and Oregon City HS seems highly rated. Anyone live in this area? I really appreciate space and noticed a lot of rural areas around Oregon City. Would be nice to end up rural. What are your thoughts? Looking to list our place next month.

My ideal community are those who are leaning conservative and second amendment supporters. Might be a tall order here in such a lovely blue state.

Thanks!
cpy911

Might be a tall order here in such a lovely blue state.
Multnomah Sector by whatever county/city/village designation remains blue zone.
40 years ago nearly any regional town with identifiable city limits separating from PDX was considerably 'more country' in its political leanings. Not now, so beware of where you perch yerself. Or change job locations.

Multnomah Sector by whatever county/city/village designation remains blue zone.
40 years ago nearly any regional town with identifiable city limits separating from PDX was considerably 'more country' in its political leanings. Not now, so beware of where you perch yerself. Or change job locations.
I think I just found my answer.....Redland, Henrici, Echo Dell, Holcomb, Beaver Creek, anywhere rural and RED is still free america.
upload_2019-4-9_9-26-52.png

View attachment 567844

Oregon City was very distinctly NOT part of Portland, since forever. Unfortunately, that's changing. Oregon City is now included in the Portland metropolitan area, and the politicians in Oregon City would very much like Oregon City to become the next Beaverton or Gresham. Yuck.

Especially since the mill has shut down in Oregon City, Oregon City is becoming a bedroom community of Portland. The folks here get up in the morning and drive to Portland for work.

That said, I still firmly believe Oregon City to be the most conservative of the cities in the metro area, and that's hugely because Clackamas County itself is still largely very rural.

And I still maintain hope. Take a tour through the Oregon City High School student parking lot, and you'll see a plethora of ORYGUNIAN stickers in the back windows of the vehicles. These kids are getting it.

I would like to escape the Northern end of the Willamette Valley altogether, or even escape Oregon altogether. I just don't know where to go, without more big city mentality encroaching on every piece of heaven, everywhere.

I think I just found my answer.....Redland, Henrici, Echo Dell, Holcomb, Beaver Creek, anywhere rural and RED is still free america.
View attachment 567845

View attachment 567844
I'm having a hard time believing this map. I can definitely assure you that OC is firmly in the grips of Puffy Patagonia People and Blue Smurfs. Oh sure, you might find a country boy/gal here and there, but it's just one giant spillover of PDX detritus - Betty Page hair-do's, pious Prius drivers, Subaru millennials with attitudes and "Co-exist" stickers. If you think getting your tires slashed because you've got a Trump sticker on your bumper *fun*, come on out to Beaver Creek, or if you enjoy getting harassed at various eateries, grocery stores, office supply stores, nail salons etc because you're wearing an NRA hat, sure, come on out and "rough it" with the so-called OC locals. Any redneck worth his name/guns/beer/truck hightailed it and sold out of these parts long ago. If you like some of the highest property taxes (Clackamas) and enjoy having Libbie Cali/outsider transplants as neighbors, by all means, move on out to "rural" OC. All of the roads/areas you mentioned are chock-o-block full of transplants, with their abysmal driving habits, predilection to let their dogs roam free etc etc. Get online for the neighborhood chats and you'll discover their political views are anything but red. These are people who think deer are responsible for getting out of the way of their speeding car, cuz, that's why they get hit. You need to be thinking way way way past Oregon City if you want rural. Even Molalla is a bedroom community of PDX.
Once they reach numbers in a rural and peaceful laid back community (just like any other invading religious or ideological body), Libbies feel at ease committing vandalism and verbal assaults towards the nonconformist population. He ll, I witnessed a good ole boy get assaulted in Fred Meyer's a month or two ago just for being who he is, by some ash hat millennial. Why do you think I now have TWO dashcams and my Louisville slugger in the car? Trust me. You don't want to move out this way.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top