JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, I'm not sure where they get the "$300,000-$400,000 average/median" home prices from. 🤔 the other article above for how much a monthly payment is in Potland seems to point to a more realistic average price of $540,000+...

But it's also possible they're including the costs of condos for sale . There's an interesting listing for Monmouth that shows an "8 bedroom 4 bathroom" multi-family building for $675,000ish; it sounds like a 4 plex of 2 beds/1 baths apartments and sounds like the rental company wanted to get rid of it
Just looked around Monmouth, Independence area. Not terrible. We may be able to swing 450 at the very top. Our dream WAS, to move to Florence. In one year the houses comparable to ours here went away, or went UP 60- 100K. And, Florence is fighting the D-Craptic-from- caili wave. :(

Doing a Zillow Oregon search, either "500,000 max price" or "900/ month payments" and selecting only homes for sale.. the vast majority of listing under $300k found for either price set are in very rural, very isolated small towns, or are manufactured homes in trailer parks. For the $900/month 0% downs, studio homes to 2 bedrooms, most of which are literally falling apart and "fixer uppers"
I'm not physically fit to do the work I was 5 years ago. But I'm almost to the point of lowering my standard to move into a BARN. As long as there's dependable heat, insulation and a solid roof. Living in these places in potland give a person a case of PTSD.

Just looked around Monmouth, Independence area. Not terrible. We may be able to swing 450 at the very top. Our dream WAS, to move to Florence. In one year the houses comparable to ours here went away, or went UP 60- 100K. And, Florence is fighting the D-Craptic-from- caili wave. :(
I live IN Monmouth. Too much traffic now at the one stop light (99w and Main); it's got a lot of college students; so expect a lot of the whole "woke" stuff going on. Businesses don't seem to last very long around here unless they're businesses that's been around long time and provide services/goods that people actually need. Dallas is 15 minutes or less away, right now the DOT is adding a big roundabout right on 99W at Clow Corner (one of the "most dangerous intersections in Oregon" ) , and a new left turn lane on 99W and Orrs Corner. Independence is growing pretty quickly with wine yard money and condos.

I live IN Monmouth. Too much traffic now at the one stop light (99w and Main); it's got a lot of college students; so expect a lot of the whole "woke" stuff going on. Businesses don't seem to last very long around here unless they're businesses that's been around long time and provide services/goods that people actually need. Dallas is 15 minutes or less away, right now the DOT is adding a big roundabout right on 99W at Clow Corner (one of the "most dangerous intersections in Oregon" ) , and a new left turn lane on 99W and Orrs Corner. Independence is growing pretty quickly with wine yard money and condos.
With what WE deal with in this craphole, as far as traffic and rude wokesters go? I'd take small town on the way to the coast traffic over this.

We have the means to put up a large down payment, but would need to sell our house to replace that and pay off the difference.

If my mom decides she wants to sell her house, the one that we grew up in, the one that dad bought for $85,000 back in 1989...I'm not sure what capital gains taxes she'll have to pay for that but it might get on the market in a few years... anyways.. it needs a lot of updating, particularly bedroom windows, new carpet for the majority, I'd prefer that it also gets a new entrance/exit door on one side of the house that's currently only got 1 way in or out for 2 bedrooms, laundry and bathroom on that side.. and I think the popcorn ceiling has asbestos, and needs to be abated and removed. It's got ceiling radiant heat plus natural gas heat and also central AC. Terrible design for Oregon; having a flat roof.

If my mom decides she wants to sell her house, the one that we grew up in, the one that dad bought for $85,000 back in 1989...I'm not sure what capital gains taxes she'll have to pay for that but it might get on the market in a few years... anyways.. it needs a lot of updating, particularly bedroom windows, new carpet for the majority, I'd prefer that it also gets a new entrance/exit door on one side of the house that's currently only got 1 way in or out for 2 bedrooms, laundry and bathroom on that side.. and I think the popcorn ceiling has asbestos, and needs to be abated and removed. It's got ceiling radiant heat plus natural gas heat and also central AC. Terrible design for Oregon; having a flat roof.
Don't know for absolutely sure, but have been told that, in our case, if the money from our house is put into another house you don't pay capitol gains.

Just a BUMP reminder of .. The management of city of Hillsboro and Washington County small Homeless population for -$$$$$ .
The cyclically repeated pattern of , setting-up Bureaucratic Dept. acquire property, apply for Fed. Grant-$$$, App;y for State Appropriated-millions$$$, Set-up temporary Pod Camp. Disassemble, and move the 'Small ' amount of Homeless who apply to contracted Hotel motel . Reapply same paperwork again for same Fed./State$$$ . Repeat Over and over again .

Ask yourselves ? . why assemble homeless camps in 'claiming' to help-solve Homelessness . . Only to tear down and reassemble same model over and over to different locations .

Just a BUMP reminder of .. The management of city of Hillsboro and Washington County small Homeless population for -$$$$$ .
The cyclically repeated pattern of , setting-up Bureaucratic Dept. acquire property, apply for Fed. Grant-$$$, App;y for State Appropriated-millions$$$, Set-up temporary Pod Camp. Disassemble, and move the 'Small ' amount of Homeless who apply to contracted Hotel motel . Reapply same paperwork again for same Fed./State$$$ . Repeat Over and over again .

Ask yourselves ? . why assemble homeless camps in 'claiming' to help-solve Homelessness . . Only to tear down and reassemble same model over and over to different locations .
Did someone say BIG MONEY?....

And apparently a couple of NY politicians are right there in deciding who gets that kind of $$$$$$$

I was out for my early morning workout and spotted a camper taking advantage of our free campground.

20230930_064821.jpg

Place I work we have one "camp" going outside one fence. They called the city who of course told them "nothing we can do". I told them I could fix this. Put a sprinkler facing it and flood the damn thing. So far they have not taken my advice. :s0092:
I did make it clear to the "camp" that if they climb that fence I will make sure they are not happy with that choice.

. I wondering ??? , Does your Property Tax gets lowered. If you loose market value .
I snapped this Pic. residential home across the street from then newly opened homeless Pod Camp this summer, over in Cornelius .This neighborhood has a hard enough time without the State helping by kicking them in the Nuts.

View attachment 1732804
Sadly of course we all know the answer to that. MANY homes in cites like Seattle are in this bind. People who are working class and have homes in what were working class area's. The people who run the area allow scum to camp in derelict RV's, slap up tents and such next to their homes. Then tell the homeowners pound sand. So of course if one of them wants to sell now no one in their right mind will buy the house with that as a view. The reason it does not change? The vast majority of those with a camp in front of their home keep voting for the same people who told them to pound sand and RAISED their property taxes. Once again keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top