JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you are looking for an urban campground in the Metro area, I would highly recommend the Wilsonville City Campground. It is free to all campers. Check In is at 9pm and Check Out is 7am. Portable toilet available. Car camping is in loop AH (City hall parking lot). Tent camping is in Loop BS (field across the street from city hall parking lot). I will post pictures tomorrow. Watch out for needles and đź’© piles.

If you are looking for an urban campground in the Metro area, I would highly recommend the Wilsonville City Campground. It is free to all campers. Check In is at 9pm and Check Out is 7am. Portable toilet available. Car camping is in loop AH (City hall parking lot). Tent camping is in Loop BS (field across the street from city hall parking lot). I will post pictures tomorrow. Watch out for needles and đź’© piles.
Is this a homeless 'Pod' setup ? , did Washington county purchase that property ?
asking because I am seeing a pattern with Washington County here in this area of hillsboro/cornelious/forest grove .

Is this a homeless 'Pod' setup ? , did Washington county purchase that property ?
asking because I am seeing a pattern with Washington County here in this area of hillsboro/cornelious/forest grove .

20230715_072020.jpg

20230715_072135.jpg

20230715_072104.jpg

Our first guest leaving this morning, driving a decent looking large RV and trailed by lady driving decent SUV. They saved some fees by camping in city haul parking lot last night.

20230715_071905.jpg

If anybody gives you any grief for sheltering at The Wilsonville City Resort, tell them you identify as being involuntarily homeless and leave it at that. Your life story beyond that is none of their beeswax.

View attachment 1453369

View attachment 1453370

View attachment 1453371

Our first guest leaving this morning, driving a decent looking large RV and trailed by lady driving decent SUV. They saved some fees by camping in city haul parking lot last night.

View attachment 1453372

I've been suggesting they do this kind of thing all along. Though stupid they put hours on it.

This is a great example.

The city and county have vacant properties all over the place. Let people "Live" on some pf these properties, and police them. Have some rules. Make them be responsible, to some degree, for themselves.
I'm a fricken MORON compared to these highly educated, so called, public servants, and I know what should/could be done to help the situation! Don't make F'ing excuses. Just DO IT!
What is so difficult to understand about giving a hand up rather than a hand out?

View attachment 1453369

View attachment 1453370

View attachment 1453371

View attachment 1453372

Several Camp and Pod camps have popped up around here, Hillsboro/Cornelious/forest grove . Washington County is using a repeatable model of temporary Camp, and 'pod' homeless shelters . County run and manicured Camp area's are not fenced, and open . The Homeless Pod shelter area is a county planed 'temporary' high fence gated compound, with specific rules to enter and stay . the Pods look like 2 steps lower than a FEMA Katrina refuge shelter camp .

But there is pattern of all the Camp and Pod area's being open for short time, then closed, then new different camp area established ..and same repeated again .

Last Edited:
I've been suggesting they do this kind of thing all along. Though stupid they put hours on it.

This is a great example.

The city and county have vacant properties all over the place. Let people "Live" on some pf these properties, and police them. Have some rules. Make them be responsible, to some degree, for themselves.
I'm a fricken MORON compared to these highly educated, so called, public servants, and I know what should/could be done to help the situation! Don't make F'ing excuses. Just DO IT!
What is so difficult to understand about giving a hand up rather than a hand out?
Believe me when I say this, it NOT a handout or handup . Washington County has financial incentive as their primary working goal . It is centered around the 'Management ' of the local homeless, and is just the working formula for local government financial enrichment and growth. If the Homeless receive any level of betterment, that is just secondary to the Counties first order of business, a business model of 'Management' .

I am pretty positive that ALL major city and county goverments in ALL US states with a segnficate amount of Homeless population are using a very similar set model of 'Management' because the finacial incetive is just huge for $$$$ and funding local government growth .

If I am way out of bounds here with my thinking ? . Please set me straight with a more logical expatiation .

.. but what financial incentive could this be for a business model of Management ?
Washington County has setup a County Homeless service Dept. with employees. A working department to go after the millions offered by State, and Billions offered Federally .
With the ' business model of ' Homeless Management '' Washington County is receiving State and Federal funding . Local State Funds from Oregon 200-million Homeless Bill Past this year . Also funds applied for and collected out from Billions dedicated to the States in appropriated Federal Homeless Grant Funding, with also HUD giving Billions to be divided and given to individual States City/County homeless service agency's . Also probably receiving other funding I don't know about .

also .. ( my Opinion ) .. What I think with the State and County Homeless Management probably has no Illegality, but is definitely bottom dredging low with Morality and ethics, with squandering actual opportunity of help. But Instead just Using Homelessness Management for government enrichment and it growth .

View attachment 1453369

View attachment 1453370

View attachment 1453371

View attachment 1453372
Just living in my area with eyes wide open over here in Hillsboro, Cornelious, Forest Grove area of Washington County . What I already stated, I am pretty sure is similar copied model of management popping up used in other different City/Counties in other State governments with significant local homeless population to draw Grant Funding and their State funding.

my area ---> . Pod Camp at end of Hwy 47 area in forest Grove, Now is closed and empty with arrangements paying for Rent/Leasing motel rooms in the area for those homeless who choose to go
Pod camp next door to Winco Foods Hillsboro, that is now closed empty , with arrangements paying for Rent/Leasing motel rooms in the area for those homeless who choose to go . Now empty ( what I understand ) is the proposed future building site for new County Homeless service Dept. agency .
1.8 acre Property purchased in a Forest Grove on Elm and corner of Hwy 47 . ( In Residential area ) , to erect a temporary fenced Pod shelter camp, with a ' Future Plan' of land use that is undecided/not made public yet by the Washington County .
also consideration of Property in area behind then Walmart in Cornelious as future site .

Probably several other spots that I don't see or never here about, but you get the basic plot to the local County Gov. mindset.

If I am way out of bounds here with my thinking ? . Please set me straight with a more logical expatiation .

.. but what financial incentive could this be for a business model of Management ?
Washington County has setup a County Homeless service Dept. with employees. A working department to go after the millions offered by State, and Billions offered Federally .
With the ' business model of ' Homeless Management '' Washington County is receiving State and Federal funding . Local State Funds from Oregon 200-million Homeless Bill Past this year . Also funds applied for and collected out from Billions dedicated to the States in appropriated Federal Homeless Grant Funding, with also HUD giving Billions to be divided and given to individual States City/County homeless service agency's . Also probably receiving other funding I don't know about .

also .. ( my Opinion ) .. What I think with the State and County Homeless Management probably has no Illegality, but is definitely bottom dredging low with Morality and ethics, with squandering actual opportunity of help. But Instead just Using Homelessness Management for government enrichment and it growth .
This is just warped. I can't say for sure, but if it is, it's really effed up.
I try not to think about it.

This is just warped. I can't say for sure, but if it is, it's really effed up.
I try not to think about it.
OK .. quit thinking about managing the Homeless by Washington County for it's financial enrichment and it's growth .

Let's think about the State and Washington County's ' Role in facilitating ' Our Homeless epidemic and it growth here in Oregon by it's business model for profit, and attack on available affordable family housing .
It is for fact a total artificial manipulated shortage of buildable zoned property to buy and build on, fueled with it's ruthless stranglehold with zoning and land management regulations, used to drive a soaring artificial market cost of home ownership . Just look at the control with Washington County inflated cost of Building Permits and Fee's for a development of One single-family dwelling at over 40,000-$ right now just for permission to be a homeowner.
Our own County and State government IS THE BIGGEST FACILITATOR of Homelessness based just on the fact of it's manipulation of making housing unaffordable, with it growing more out of reach every year for average wage earners. The State and County is the biggest problem with it's manufacturing of, No Place To Live .

OK .. quit thinking about managing the Homeless by Washington County for it's financial enrichment and it's growth .

Let's think about the State and Washington County's ' Role in facilitating ' Our Homeless epidemic and it growth here in Oregon by it's business model for profit, and attack on available affordable family housing .
It is for fact a total artificial manipulated shortage of buildable zoned property to buy and build on, fueled with it's ruthless stranglehold with zoning and land management regulations, used to drive a soaring artificial market cost of home ownership . Just look at the control with Washington County inflated cost of Building Permits and Fee's for a development of One single-family dwelling at over 40,000-$ right now just for permission to be a homeowner.
Our own County and State government IS THE BIGGEST FACILITATOR of Homelessness based just on the fact of it's manipulation of making housing unaffordable, with it growing more out of reach every year for average wage earners. The State and County is the biggest problem with it's manufacturing of, No Place To Live .
This is the stuff said by people who have NEVER had any interaction with "homeless". The houseless here are not people who can't afford rent. For every hundred with no home you "might" find 1 who really is in trouble and wants help. What you see in the real world here is people who want drugs. They do NOT want a job, or a home, they want drugs. Offer them a home where they can't do drugs and they walk away. So it becomes a HUGE money sucking entity. They who run it throw out numbers like millions of dollars spent and then admit it helped a few. They could buy a damn house for all of them for that. The rest want drugs and to be allowed to steal to buy more drugs. Can't afford to live and work in Seattle? MOVE. A lot of people who work with me work in Seattle. They live on the other side of the water and commute. This making excuses for the scum just makes it worse and attracts more of them. It does make a handful of people a LOT of money though.

This is the stuff said by people who have NEVER had any interaction with "homeless". The houseless here are not people who can't afford rent. For every hundred with no home you "might" find 1 who really is in trouble and wants help. What you see in the real world here is people who want drugs. They do NOT want a job, or a home, they want drugs. Offer them a home where they can't do drugs and they walk away. So it becomes a HUGE money sucking entity. They who run it throw out numbers like millions of dollars spent and then admit it helped a few. They could buy a damn house for all of them for that. The rest want drugs and to be allowed to steal to buy more drugs. Can't afford to live and work in Seattle? MOVE. A lot of people who work with me work in Seattle. They live on the other side of the water and commute. This making excuses for the scum just makes it worse and attracts more of them. It does make a handful of people a LOT of money though.
He's not talking solely about the homeless/transients/bums. He's talking about the fact that most working families are unable to afford actual home ownership/building their own homes with mortgages because of the fees involved with such. Look at how many families are living in rentals versus how many are owning homes and you'll see it's almost always a very different demographic between the renters and the homeowners. The exorbitant fees also help developers since they can afford to spend that money to make cookie cutter millionaire homes in specific neighborhoods, and forces the real estate companies to either sell unsold urban homes to developers or to raise prices on the properties in order to get the profit margins needed to stay in the black. It's more profitable for the State and County to develop high density housing than to sell old homes affordable, because tearing down old houses to make room for condos and apartment complexes also gives them tax write-offs and increased city service fees and taxes from property management companies.

Edit. Too long; didn't read version;

Follow the money, State and County gains most from making conventional housing unaffordable and giving them excuses to build high density apartment/condos and zoning for "homeless shelters" spaces as tax write-offs.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top