Anyone here recommend a local "someone" who can replace sights...

Reactions
I did it myself. Replaced my standard Glock sights with Mepro Night-sights. All you need is a C-Clamp (walmart, $3), some Duct tape, a piece of wood, time and elbow grease.

You will get the sights out, no problem...the hard work is getting the other sights in and flush. If you're unsuccessful, you can still just go to a smith...no harm done!

Reactions
On my S&W SD9VE....I want someone competent that also does not charge $40 for 10 minutes of work with a pusher....I might just be grasping at straws though...:oops:
When I worked for the CORP, my billed time was $165 per hour.
I am retired now, and fix guns.
Considering what a sight pusher costs, and experience, low volume, $40 is dirt cheap.

Nobody does free.

Reactions
I always trust Shooters Service Center, on N Lombard in PDX. Can't say about price but I've always found them to be honest and up front, as well as reasonable $$. Great work! :D

Reactions
If they're not tritium just go old school with a brass/nylon drift and hammer. no big deal
If they Value Editions (aka, Sigma) is anything like the M&P, the sights are really IN there. My Shield broke 2 punches and had to get sent to S&W to actually get the factory rear sight out. I've seen a couple M&Ps that were similar cases. They get a little crazy with the red loctite. The VEs could be different, but I doubt it.

Certaindeaf

Reactions
If they Value Editions (aka, Sigma) is anything like the M&P, the sights are really IN there. My Shield broke 2 punches and had to get sent to S&W to actually get the factory rear sight out. I've seen a couple M&Ps that were similar cases. They get a little crazy with the red loctite. The VEs could be different, but I doubt it.
That's the spirit!. my go to is a brass drift and a doublejack.

OP
mpperales
Reactions
I'm just going to send them to the guy in Alabama that does XD sights (toughest sight removal known to man... :p) for $25 including return shipping with a 24-48hr turnaround time. He has done 2 XD'S for me and 1 Sig. I guess local loses out to low price and excellent service... o_O Answered my own question..

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
Top Bottom