JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Please don't recommend Gun Broker....2 pistols = 1 beat to bubblegum set of sights...and 1 slide with "I didn't do that installing your sights" scratches... :rolleyes:

I did it myself. Replaced my standard Glock sights with Mepro Night-sights. All you need is a C-Clamp (walmart, $3), some Duct tape, a piece of wood, time and elbow grease.

You will get the sights out, no problem...the hard work is getting the other sights in and flush. If you're unsuccessful, you can still just go to a smith...no harm done!

On my S&W SD9VE....I want someone competent that also does not charge $40 for 10 minutes of work with a pusher....I might just be grasping at straws though...:oops:
When I worked for the CORP, my billed time was $165 per hour.
I am retired now, and fix guns.
Considering what a sight pusher costs, and experience, low volume, $40 is dirt cheap.

Nobody does free.

I always trust Shooters Service Center, on N Lombard in PDX. Can't say about price but I've always found them to be honest and up front, as well as reasonable $$. Great work! :D

If they're not tritium just go old school with a brass/nylon drift and hammer. no big deal

If they Value Editions (aka, Sigma) is anything like the M&P, the sights are really IN there. My Shield broke 2 punches and had to get sent to S&W to actually get the factory rear sight out. I've seen a couple M&Ps that were similar cases. They get a little crazy with the red loctite. The VEs could be different, but I doubt it.

Another thing, many shops will install the sights for free if you buy from the shop. You may save money buying the parts online, but you'll end up paying that savings and more to the shop for labor.

If they Value Editions (aka, Sigma) is anything like the M&P, the sights are really IN there. My Shield broke 2 punches and had to get sent to S&W to actually get the factory rear sight out. I've seen a couple M&Ps that were similar cases. They get a little crazy with the red loctite. The VEs could be different, but I doubt it.
That's the spirit!. my go to is a brass drift and a doublejack.

I'm just going to send them to the guy in Alabama that does XD sights (toughest sight removal known to man... :p) for $25 including return shipping with a 24-48hr turnaround time. He has done 2 XD'S for me and 1 Sig. I guess local loses out to low price and excellent service... o_O Answered my own question..

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top