JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ill hop on this band wagon as well.
I have a bunch of 1911 parts coming my way including a front sight setting tool.. I also have files, a vice and a nylon/brass hammer..etc.

If my sights set well, Ill give you a shout.. Otherwise.. This will be my first 1911 sight instalation.. So a bit of a learning curve.
If I can do that with little to no trouble I could attempt to set yours.

My fee:
A 20rnd AK mag or 30rnd bakelite/circle 10 AK47 mag.

;)

Make your own. There are plans/pictures/instructional videos out there for most types of firearm. After you're done you'll have the ability to hire yourself out to friends or make adjustments on the firing line. The cost will be the same but you'll have that " I did it myself. " smile.

Ill hop on this band wagon as well.
I have a bunch of 1911 parts coming my way including a front sight setting tool.. I also have files, a vice and a nylon/brass hammer..etc.

If my sights set well, Ill give you a shout.. Otherwise.. This will be my first 1911 sight instalation.. So a bit of a learning curve.
If I can do that with little to no trouble I could attempt to set yours.

My fee:
A 20rnd AK mag or 30rnd bakelite/circle 10 AK47 mag.

;)
The 1911 front sight post is staked from inside the slide. The rear sight is dovetailed.
MPPERALES sights are both dovetailed.
In either case (your 1911 and his S&W), the pressure of the vice holding the slide AND lateral stress from trying to drift the dovetailed sight from it's socket MAY or may not damage the slide.
Reference:
Gunsmith Kinks II pg 143-144
FWIW
Rick

I bought a site pusher for my Glock off Brownells, great investment.

You could always buy the pusher, then put the word out that you have one and make up the cost of the pusher over time

A rear sight pusher is nothing more than a modified, $5 C-clamp. I refuse to pay a couple hundred dollars for a $5 part, simply because nobody else is making that part. I would rather pay my money to a gunsmith since he/she would actually be deserving of that money.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top