JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I hate Glocks, and guy that think Glocks are better that h&k or Sig Sauer if they are so good why do u have all the modification done to it. It is not a Glock after you replace most of the gun with new parts

I agree with a lot of the posts already. Glocks rub me the wrong way. I have tried the 17 and the 19...Not bad shooters and they are reliable but I want a gun that is not ugly as sin when I spend 550 on a new piece.

Taurus semi autos...No trust in them, same with Kel tec and of course high point.

Polymer in general. I am a fan of a the feel of cold hard steel and no matter how reliable the Glock or others are my CZ fires every time and looks so so much prettier than the polymer junk. Let alone I can get my gun back on target 10 times faster than a lightweight plastic gun.

Also, buy a black gun. What is wrong with a blued barrel. Spending so much more on shiny crap makes no sense. I get it takes longer to rust but that is what oil is for. Take care of your gun and it will not rust.

Last I agree with the first post that started this. Pump action shotty only. Everyone in the world knows that noise and that it means back the eff out of my home. Nothing will scare an intruder more than racking a round into the chamber of your 12 guage.

My biggest prejudice? Hammerless Revolvers. I mean whats the point? (ok I understand the point) Now if you CAN cock the concealed hammer then I can can accept that - sort of but it still makes no sense. With the mostly small and unobtrusive hammers on small frame revolvers the advantage of having the SA option far outweighs any that can be had by the negligible loss of the hammer spur to be limited to DA fire. While still gastly hammerless autos almost make more sense because they are, in effect 'always' DA - which is why I would never own a hammerless auto also.

My biggest peeve is people at the range that don't myofb.

Second biggest is when people just go full mall ninja and super-tactical-ize their guns.

Like my XD? Check out this light on the rail that has an integrated rail for a laser that has an integrated rail for a twinkie holder.

Another one is the super tac'ed out 22lr "ARs" that people then proceed to spray and pray with.

Honestly though, those are passing peeves except for the first one. I think people having fun their way is fine as long as they aren't a member of the FSA tac'ing out a rail with a rail adapter.

I keep my caliber choices LOW! Rifles .22 5.56 7.62x51 300BO. Hand guns, 9mm .357 .45 44mag

It has been my experience that most "Gun Guys" like to collect guns while they have NO ammunition stores for them. I keep my calibers low and my ammo stores HIGH!

I like to keep 100,000 rounds of .22
20,000 rounds of 5.56 and 7.62
10,000 rounds of all hand gun ammo

Guns are great! They're worthless without ammunition.

I will add that I have a severe dislike of any semi-auto gun that isn't designed as a light SA that utilizes a safety. Like when they put safeties on guns like the Ruger SR9 or the S&W M&P. Carry guns should not have safeties.

I keep my caliber choices LOW! Rifles .22 5.56 7.62x51 300BO. Hand guns, 9mm .357 .45 44mag

It has been my experience that most "Gun Guys" like to collect guns while they have NO ammunition stores for them. I keep my calibers low and my ammo stores HIGH!

I like to keep 100,000 rounds of .22
20,000 rounds of 5.56 and 7.62
10,000 rounds of all hand gun ammo

Guns are great! They're worthless without ammunition.

Heh, I feel better now. I'm planning on building a 5.56, and thought I'd have too many calibers on hand. I feel more normal now. :D
I have:
22lr
45acp

+1

My 1911 is my sexy mistress that I like to look at and fondle. My XD is my sturdy, plain wife who cooks and does dishes.

Funny, I have a Couple of 1911's & M&P's that all get shot, plus a Hot wife whom I do more than fondle and look at and she carries and shoots a Sig, She also Cooks and does dishes and looks hot doing all of it

I will add that I have a severe dislike of any semi-auto gun that isn't designed as a light SA that utilizes a safety. Like when they put safeties on guns like the Ruger SR9 or the S&W M&P. Carry guns should not have safeties.
I agree, a safety on an M&P is for the misinformed where the mag safety is for preference ie.. law enforcement

An M&P with a safety makes no sense to me. I have a 9 and a 40. My cousins M&P 9 has a safety which he is just annoyed with because he ordered the same gun as mine in Buds online "description" and got the kids gun with all the safety features...Smart enough not to look it over well enough to notice and accepted it at the ffl. The gun is already built safe and I have never had a single concern of accidental trigger pull when holstering or handling the guns. the big safety on the side is a big extra that just takes away from the guns ability to be pretty much snag free in the pants or anywhere else you carry.

I agree with that all the way except I skip the 44 mag and just stock up on extra 38 plus p for the .357s so there is plenty of ammo but much cheaper, easier to find, and much easier to have one gun that handles a couple calibers.

I dislike Glocks with a passion, although some love them. I love my Sig !!!!!!!
Some may say Sigs are for people who do not like or can not handle recoil, I say I love my Sig because they realized that recoil makes a gun less accurate and less likely to hit the target accurate.
A pal of mine and me went shooting .
I could empty my Sig 12 clip and reload and fire again after two clips of his 9mm his hand was sore from the vibration. I had no affects at all. My Sig 40 can be shot by my wife with one hand very accurate, with a Glock one handed she could not even hit a target.
I have shot Rugers and prefer them to a Glock even. To me Glocks are what TV has made into the be all gun, when in reality it is an ok gun that requires work to be as good as others are right outta the box.

Of course any person who is a gun owner is ok in my book :D

Wow! This thread is weird! I thought that I was a grumpy, opinionated, bitter old man. Here I am, the very soul of tolerance!

Single action revolvers, except Colts! Especially .22LR.
Single shot shotguns.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR