JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been cutting my own hair for years, I bought some special Wahl clippers that cut very close almost bald. But I have been growing my hair out for the last 5 months or so just to try something different, it is starting to drive me a little crazy and probably will cut it all of at the beginning of summer.

When I got out of the Military in 1992, I just couldn't wear my hair long, try as I might...I just felt slower LOL...#3 on the sides, #4 on the top.

My SIL is a hairdresser, she's been cutting my hair for a good 20 years. Last time I tried to cut it myself, it went something like this:

bad-haircut10.jpg

I literally went to the same barber for over 50 years every chance I got. Friend of the family, especially my dad and Lynn gave me my first haircut. Heck 15 years ago still only $5.00! He even moved his chair in to the assisted living home after his wife passed. A few years ago I found out my wife got her beautician's license when she was young. So any time I need one, 20 minutes and boom, DONE in the comfort of our kitchen and free. :DShe's a terrific gal which is the only reason I moved to Kali. She is also killin it at her new job....me, heck still don't know exactly what work I will find but pluggin away.

Brutus Out

Don't laugh... I've already heard all the jokes.
...I've been cutting my own hair since 1978 (yeah, that's almost 40 years), and I'm still using the same FlowBee that I bought way back then. Although I did breakdown and buy a set of replacement spacers last year.

Even at just 8 haircuts X $20ea X 40yrs = a savings of $6400...
....(that's a lot of ammo)
Respect the Flowbee.
Cheers.

I have set of clippers on the way...so I'll get my first COVID cut this weekend.

I see in the suggested column that Wahl oil comes from China. And given what I read about that makes me wonder ...

What oil do you all put on your clippers?

I cut my own hair unless ordered from my teens. Straight clippers no attachment. Easy to clean and maintain. Now the misses likes my hair so I'm growing it until I get so frustrated I cut it off again.

Walmart carries a few different oil/cleaners which is where I got my last few cans.

I used to get a big can from the pet store but it started going up in price.

wife and daughter have been letting it grow out which is fine since it was only shoulder length to start with.

Ive been close shaving my head for 25 years - gave up on the bic slick since it only stays that way for a couple days max.

Works for me, easy to do by myself and it's super low maintenance. Wear hats usually anyway so I do it about every 2 weeks.

Face is about the same, my wife doesn't mind it getting scruffy so about the time it needs to be trimmed into a beard I shave it off with the clippers as well but that's more of a weekly thing.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top