JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've cut my hair for many years, a simple buzz cut. Since I sleep with an apparatus on my head, if I have hair it's impossible to tame it the next AM. I like the complete no other care aspect of having it that short!
I don't get having difficulty trimming the back of the neck! I shave mine by placing my blade at the base and draw up until the rubber base contacts the hairline. It's easy to feel! Move over, repeat. I do the neck every time I shave, so if I miss a little I'll get it next time. :D

Cut my own hair? I wish. Due to shoulder neck issues for the last 3-4 years I can't get my arms/hands any where near where I'd need them to do that. Up until about 1995 I'd worn a ponytail since 1973, so yeah, I cut a couple inches off that from time to time. After I cut the tail off and started getting real haircuts I loved going to get "The Man Haircut". That's two different electric clippers, scissors, a good neck-suck with the vacuum, hot lather neck shave and a finish with the foo-foo juice and flapping of the towel! I don't go to the barber anymore due to psoriasis in my scalp though. Wifey does it for me now. But I really miss the traditional hair cut.

I don't get people paying $20.00 ++ for a cut and not getting the neck suck at a lot of the places? Then you're just wearing that cut hair around in your shirt.

Almost cut my hair
Happened just the other day
It's gettin' kind of long
I could've said it was in my way

But I didn't and I wonder why
I feel like letting my freak flag fly
And I feel like I owe it, to someone, yeah

Must be because I had the flu this Christmas
And I'm not feeling up to par
And increases my paranoia
Like looking in my mirror and seeing a police car

But I'm not, I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I've promised myself this year
I feel oh, like I owe it,to someone

When I get myself together
I'm gonna get down in that sunny southern weather, yeah

I'm goin' find a space inside a laugh, yes
Separate the wheat from some chaff
I feel
Like I owe it, yeah, to someone

Don't laugh... I've already heard all the jokes.
...I've been cutting my own hair since 1978 (yeah, that's almost 40 years), and I'm still using the same FlowBee that I bought way back then. Although I did breakdown and buy a set of replacement spacers last year.

Even at just 8 haircuts X $20ea X 40yrs = a savings of $6400...
....(that's a lot of ammo)

Well theres two flobee's still working out here (still using the same spacers though). wonder if there are any more?

Where I go there's a long line of older gentleman waiting for a certain young women to cut their hair. She's very sexy, personable, wears just the right amount of tight clothing and does a good job with what little there is to work with.
My wife says that I'm paying $20.00 for a lap dance that also comes with a free haircut.

Where I go there's a long line of older gentleman waiting for a certain young women to cut their hair. She's very sexy, personable, wears just the right amount of tight clothing and does a good job with what little there is to work with.
My wife says that I'm paying $20.00 for a lap dance that also comes with a free haircut.
See, now that sounds like it's worth doing...:rolleyes:

Don't laugh... I've already heard all the jokes.

waynes_world_4.png

Almost cut my hair
Happened just the other day
It's gettin' kind of long
I could've said it was in my way

But I didn't and I wonder why
I feel like letting my freak flag fly
And I feel like I owe it, to someone, yeah

Must be because I had the flu this Christmas
And I'm not feeling up to par
And increases my paranoia
Like looking in my mirror and seeing a police car

But I'm not, I'm not giving in an inch to fear
'Cause I've promised myself this year
I feel oh, like I owe it,to someone

When I get myself together
I'm gonna get down in that sunny southern weather, yeah

I'm goin' find a space inside a laugh, yes
Separate the wheat from some chaff
I feel
Like I owe it, yeah, to someone

You big 'ol hippie, you! :D

This is in West Jordan Utah. That's not the same Utah I left in '83!

We should get a few investors together and start one in Oregon. after all, doesn't PDX boast having the most strip joints in the nation? We have Bikini Barista's? ??

I must admit that I have been at least tempted for the last couple of years by a really nice barbershop here in Lewiston that is close by the shooting range I frequent. It has pool tables, pinball and a really nice man's clubby atmosphere and charges $15 dollars for a haircut, and....
....a beer!
380559_188522894572673_1513317877_n.jpg

Last Edited:
When I lived in Huntington Beach, I used to pay $25 for a scissors cut done by a forreal Playboy Playmate. :D Now I cut my own because of limited income. I use expensive clippers that I bought for use on our Bichon.

P.S. If your clippers don't work on yer dog, you gotta get a different head.

Sounds like you have a good wife! :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top