JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It started out a week ago with sneezing then towards the weekend it was a cough. Two days later it sounds like I have marbles in my lungs and the body feels like I got hit by a Prius.

Anyone else catch this one? I know its going around.

Since this is the survival & prep forum, I think this could be a deal killer if the SHTF.

:(

I got it about a month after my wife and daughter got it. It started and persisted with a cough that wouldn't stop. Overall, it took about 6 weeks from start to finish. The first 3 weeks my chest hurt so bad it was hard to function at times. I don't get sick often, but but this one kicked my butt.

I got it about a month after my wife and daughter got it. It started and persisted with a cough that wouldn't stop. Overall, it took about 6 weeks from start to finish. The first 3 weeks my chest hurt so bad it was hard to function at times. I don't get sick often, but but this one kicked my butt.
That's where I'm at now. My wife just came home and said she's feeling it now as well.

Worried more about my wife getting it. She has had severe asthma for some time.
Is this a flu or something else.??

Last Edited:
Worried more about my wife getting it. She has had severe asthma for some time.
Is this a flu or so0mething else.??

Our doctor said what we had was simply a respiratory virus, but not the flu. Not sure if it was pertussis (yes, whooping cough), but it was a rough one. My wife has asthma, and she made it through, but it was rough.

I went through most of a week of thin, salty snot running out of my head (and I mean running, I could simply stand with my nose tilted down a bit and get a drip every 20 seconds or so) Now I am on to the thick yellow goop that comes out in chunks. I actually feel much better now, my teeth no longer ache and I can breath a bit but I sound much worse. I sound exactly like I could make a fortune making a commercial for Nyquil. Id make a better sick guy than anyone I have seen play one on TV.

Fortunately I'm blessed with a REDICULOUSLY robust immune system.

In fact, outbreaks fear ME so much that I'm known as the "Omega Man" within the Flem Mafia.

Same. I work with the general public, and more than not the elderly. I get sneezed/coughed on all the time and I am the lone wolf at my work than can howl year long. I don't use hand sanitizer, I don't take pills of any kind. I will eat my lunch with dirty hands. And if I do get a bug, its here and gone in less than 24 hours. I don't do flu shots either. Flu runs through my work every year. Haven't had it yet.

Same. I work with the general public, and more than not the elderly. I get sneezed/coughed on all the time and I am the lone wolf at my work than can howl year long. I don't use hand sanitizer, I don't take pills of any kind. I will eat my lunch with dirty hands. And if I do get a bug, its here and gone in less than 24 hours.

This is going to end badly... THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!! o_O

:D

Being a pipe fitter for many years, I'm pretty immune from just about anything, except lung infections. The slightest little cold, or even hay fever, too often turns into bronchitis and even pneumonia.

So my observation regarding the latest flu, lung infection or whatever... How does a doctor know just what infection he's dealing with? I've never had a doctor do a culture. Would cost the insurance company too much money. So the treatments given to me have been "try this antibiotic, and see if it works". "If it doesn't, we'll try something else".:confused:

WAYNO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads