JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, after this stupid cold my ear got plugged.. Going on 7-8 days.. Feels like Im deaf.. Tried all the "tricks" Ive seen on the interwebs.. Anyone have a home solution or is it time to sack up and see the doc?

wife had what started as flu but ended up as strep - not fun. At least she is mostly over it now after a course of antibiotics (for the strep). Looks like I've dodged the flu/strep bugs this go round.

My wife and I came down with it on Christmas day. She was down for three weeks and I was down for four. Add a couple of weeks at kind of half throttle! It was the nastiest flu we ever had! We had gotten the shots BTW!

My wife and I came down with it on Christmas day. She was down for three weeks and I was down for four. Add a couple of weeks at kind of half throttle! It was the nastiest flu we ever had! We had gotten the shots BTW!

Sounds like bad stuff. I hope we can get through without getting it.
Glad you got through it ok.

Flu shots.... The last time I got a flu shot was in '87 (or was it '88?) when I was stationed in Germany.... I got a BAD case of the flu for 3 days. Never got a flu shot again, and I've only gotten the flu once or twice since then (and for only 24 hours) and relatively mild at that... more like a cold.

I'm no doctor, but I don't need 12yrs of schoolin' to figure that one out! o_O

Last Edited:
Flu shots.... The last time I got a flu shot was in '87 (or was it '88?) when I was stationed in Germany.... I got a BAD case of the flu for 3 days. Never got a flu shot again, and I've only gotten the flu once or twice since then (and for only 24 hours) and relatively mild at that... more like a cold.

I'm not doctor, but I don't need 12yrs of schoolin' to figure that one out! o_O

HA! My husband is a dentist, and every year he faithfully get his flu shot.:eek::eek:

And every year he tries to convince me to get it. Erm....no.:rolleyes:

I haven't had the flu for years even when peeps around me have been dropping like flies...him? His patients kindly share all kinds of bugs with him, but I refuse to join in the fun...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Don't know if it's a placebo or not, but every time I'm around someone who starts sniffin', I take a dose of Airborn, Vitamin C, D, and whatever else I can find in the vitamin cupboard that has 'immune system support' on it...o_Oo_O
It's worked so far....:p:D

I gave it to my Mom. She's 81, and it was real tough on her.
She claimed that I was trying to collect my inheritance sooner then later.

I'm not doctor, but I don't need 12yrs of schoolin' to figure that one out! o_O

If you get sick after a flu shot within the first 2 weeks. You either got the flu or some other virus since the flu shot takes 2 weeks to prime your immune system. The flu shot does not cover every flu virus going around. It takes a year to make it so they have to guess what is going around. This year they guessed bad and only 20% of the flu viruses were covered.

If you get 2-3 days of flu symptoms right after a flu shot, it may mean that your immune system thought it was getting infected, issued a full defcon 1 red alert and started to mobilize all the troops. Then a few days later, realized there was no actual infection and stood down. So it might mean that you have a very robust immune system. Most of the symptoms of the flu come from your immune system, not the virus.

Obviously flu shots are optional. But the flu shot did not give you the flu. Its not a live virus. It would be like saying someone throwing a bucket of KFC on your lawn caused a chicken infestation in your back yard.

More likely, you should be proud of your immune system for kicking the poop out of those viruses.

Until this bout I haven't had the flu for ten years and I get the shots every year because my immune system is compromised. These shots were from a batch that was admittedly less effective.

It started with scratchy throat for me and my SO almost at the same time. I did gargling with salt water mixed with freshly squeezed lemon juice. That seem to stop it from going down to the lungs, but instead whatever it was stayed in my head. By day 3, I had runny noise and wide spread weakness and mild muscle pain. I lift weights 3 times a week and was struggling with my warm-up weights on that day. What helped almost instantly was GARLIC. I went to the groceries store, pealed a whole head of garlic, chewed it raw and chased with some toasted bread. The garlic almost brought be to tears, but helped unplug whatever was congested in my nose, head and throat. I felt better almost immediately and managed to control the rest of the symptoms with an occasional Tylenol.
I also rarely get colds and flu and don't do flu shots, but whatever virus that was, it was a nasty one.

It started with scratchy throat for me and my SO almost at the same time. I did gargling with salt water mixed with freshly squeezed lemon juice. That seem to stop it from going down to the lungs, but instead whatever it was stayed in my head. By day 3, I had runny noise and wide spread weakness and mild muscle pain. I lift weights 3 times a week and was struggling with my warm-up weights on that day. What helped almost instantly was GARLIC. I went to the groceries store, pealed a whole head of garlic, chewed it raw and chased with some toasted bread. The garlic almost brought be to tears, but helped unplug whatever was congested in my nose, head and throat. I felt better almost immediately and managed to control the rest of the symptoms with an occasional Tylenol.
I also rarely get colds and flu and don't do flu shots, but whatever virus that was, it was a nasty one.

No one could get close enough to give you any more bugs ROFLOL
A walking Italian restaurant and werewolf chaser.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top