JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't take the flu shot. Haven't been sick in years. I take my liquid vitamin D daily plus other vitamins. However, I did get sick this one time when I seen a picture of Stomper on this site. Upped the vitamin D, POOF gone.

I take vitamins for stress (married w adult children)
I get the flu shot
Immunized for hep A&B (was EMT)
Tetanus boosters forever
You know the horror stories about military vaccines in boot camp? They're all true.
Plague, 1&2, and a bunch that I don't recall from gun injectors into both arms, and needles.

Best advice EVER, came from a Navy Corpsman serving us jarheads.

"WASH YOUR HANDS, DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE!"

:s0155:
If you get sick after a flu shot within the first 2 weeks. You either got the flu or some other virus since the flu shot takes 2 weeks to prime your immune system. The flu shot does not cover every flu virus going around. It takes a year to make it so they have to guess what is going around. This year they guessed bad and only 20% of the flu viruses were covered.

If you get 2-3 days of flu symptoms right after a flu shot, it may mean that your immune system thought it was getting infected, issued a full defcon 1 red alert and started to mobilize all the troops. Then a few days later, realized there was no actual infection and stood down. So it might mean that you have a very robust immune system. Most of the symptoms of the flu come from your immune system, not the virus.

Obviously flu shots are optional. But the flu shot did not give you the flu. Its not a live virus. It would be like saying someone throwing a bucket of KFC on your lawn caused a chicken infestation in your back yard.

More likely, you should be proud of your immune system for kicking the poop out of those viruses.

It would at my house. The darn chickens would be there eating it instead of being out in the pasture eating bugs. :s0155:

I picked up a respiratory bug in late February. Was hacking up copius amounts of phlegm for a good month or two. Cold/Flu symptoms as well. Finally starting to subside. I work at one of Portland's hospitals, and the doc who treated me said I probably picked it up from a patient.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top