JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just recently got reacquainted with a 12" 7.62x39 pistol build I did a while back. It is plenty accurate and reliable but good god the muzzle flash is a sight to see. Right now I have one of those inline type muzzle brakes on it which just projects the flame out further from the muzzle. After looking around I found I can get a cmmg krink style 4pc flash hider threaded for 5/8-24. Other than being a bit heavy and expensive, they are supposed to be great. Does anybody have first hand experience with one on a shorter barreled AR? I hear they increase back pressure some like a suppressor so I might have to use a heavier buffer but would be an ok trade off if it controls the flash well.

On AKs, they are awesome. I own one, it beats 3-4 prong flash hiders any day of the week. Sort of like a single chamber suppressor but for flash. Even "some" noise reduction imo. (Not a suppressor though)

Chuck one on your 7.62AR pistol. You can always fine tune it with springs or a buffer. Compared to AKs, at least you can replace a whole host of parts and better troubleshoot than you can an AK.

Do iiiit

I went from a Troy Claymore brake to a Noveske Flaming pig on my 7.5", 5.56, AR. I went from throwing fireballs to throwing concussion. It does direct it forward well. I wasn't sure until I stood next to a buddy's 10.5" with a standard A2 birdcage... then it became clear how well the pig worked. I personally like the aesthetics of the pig over the Krink style. I imagine both work about the same.

I do dig the pigs but they are another $30 dollars in price above the krink. Hard to justify spending 2x the amount I paid for the barrel itself. :confused:

I just recently got reacquainted with a 12" 7.62x39 pistol build I did a while back. It is plenty accurate and reliable but good god the muzzle flash is a sight to see. Right now I have one of those inline type muzzle brakes on it which just projects the flame out further from the muzzle. After looking around I found I can get a cmmg krink style 4pc flash hider threaded for 5/8-24. Other than being a bit heavy and expensive, they are supposed to be great. Does anybody have first hand experience with one on a shorter barreled AR? I hear they increase back pressure some like a suppressor so I might have to use a heavier buffer but would be an ok trade off if it controls the flash well.
I use them on my pistol AR and pistol AK build. Sound/shock goes forward and it's the difference between a fireball out the end of the bbl or no fireball...especially with the AK

IMG_1933.JPG

Last Edited:
Today I got a chance to try out the cmmg krink muzzle device I bought for my 12" 7.62x 39 AR pistol. It works fantastic! No more daylight visible fireball. Thanks for all the input guys!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top