JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just recently got reacquainted with a 12" 7.62x39 pistol build I did a while back. It is plenty accurate and reliable but good god the muzzle flash is a sight to see. Right now I have one of those inline type muzzle brakes on it which just projects the flame out further from the muzzle. After looking around I found I can get a cmmg krink style 4pc flash hider threaded for 5/8-24. Other than being a bit heavy and expensive, they are supposed to be great. Does anybody have first hand experience with one on a shorter barreled AR? I hear they increase back pressure some like a suppressor so I might have to use a heavier buffer but would be an ok trade off if it controls the flash well.

On AKs, they are awesome. I own one, it beats 3-4 prong flash hiders any day of the week. Sort of like a single chamber suppressor but for flash. Even "some" noise reduction imo. (Not a suppressor though)

Chuck one on your 7.62AR pistol. You can always fine tune it with springs or a buffer. Compared to AKs, at least you can replace a whole host of parts and better troubleshoot than you can an AK.

Do iiiit

I went from a Troy Claymore brake to a Noveske Flaming pig on my 7.5", 5.56, AR. I went from throwing fireballs to throwing concussion. It does direct it forward well. I wasn't sure until I stood next to a buddy's 10.5" with a standard A2 birdcage... then it became clear how well the pig worked. I personally like the aesthetics of the pig over the Krink style. I imagine both work about the same.

I do dig the pigs but they are another $30 dollars in price above the krink. Hard to justify spending 2x the amount I paid for the barrel itself. :confused:

I just recently got reacquainted with a 12" 7.62x39 pistol build I did a while back. It is plenty accurate and reliable but good god the muzzle flash is a sight to see. Right now I have one of those inline type muzzle brakes on it which just projects the flame out further from the muzzle. After looking around I found I can get a cmmg krink style 4pc flash hider threaded for 5/8-24. Other than being a bit heavy and expensive, they are supposed to be great. Does anybody have first hand experience with one on a shorter barreled AR? I hear they increase back pressure some like a suppressor so I might have to use a heavier buffer but would be an ok trade off if it controls the flash well.
I use them on my pistol AR and pistol AK build. Sound/shock goes forward and it's the difference between a fireball out the end of the bbl or no fireball...especially with the AK

IMG_1933.JPG

Last Edited:
Today I got a chance to try out the cmmg krink muzzle device I bought for my 12" 7.62x 39 AR pistol. It works fantastic! No more daylight visible fireball. Thanks for all the input guys!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top