JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For those folks who want to shoot their old war horses, both rifles and pistols, come on down to Tri-County Gun Club on the first and fourth Saturdays starting in March. Club membership is not required to shoot in the matches and they only cost $5.00. Here is a link to more information. If anyone wants more details, feel free to send me a PM. I have been shooting these matches for years and they are a great time. LOTS of great rifles that folks bring out!

<broken link removed>

I'll be in my bunk...

Love the Pacific bringbacks. Here's some:

nambu_rig_and_sword_bringbacks.jpg
IMG_1835.jpg
IMG_1851.jpg

-Thirtycal

I have only one. A 1943 Ithaca 1911A1 carried by my great uncle in WWII. He was a flak gun mechanic. It shoots perfectly. I put 20 through it just to say I have and now its a safe queen.

I had the bug 30 years ago with 2 bring backs, a 98k and an Arisaka. My wife made me sell them before I ever had a chance to fire them. Now I'm retired and happily single. I've got the bug again, starting with easily obtained Com-bloc weapons and move on up as I can afford.

Perhaps the rarest WWII pistol ever collected.....the chrome plated U-Boat commander's side arm. Judging from the holster, I'd say it came from the "Western" front.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm a 1911 loyal. I also own a Springfield 1903, a 1922m2, an M1A, and a couple Mausers. My grandfather turned me on to military service rifles. Sure, I have a Walther P99 and an AR, but there's something about the build of that 1903 or that M1A. Those two are tied for my favorites in my collection.

I have 3 mausers, 5 or 6 mosins, k31, garand, m1 carbine, 2 nagant revolvers, a Luger, a couple 03s, an arisaka ( need a bolt assy ) steyr m95, 3 enfields (one is a 2a1, but made to look like a #5) a couple 1917 revolvers.
And there's so many more I want......

Had many over the years, but my favorite was the next generation, FN 1949. It was designed during WW2. The story goes that as the Wehrmacht was breaking down the front door, the designers were slipping out the back with the plans! I'm very glad that Germany didn't have the 10 rnd auto loaders, they are excellent battle rifles. Mine was in .30-06. Traded it, miss it!

Had many over the years, but my favorite was the next generation, FN 1949. It was designed during WW2. The story goes that as the Wehrmacht was breaking down the front door, the designers were slipping out the back with the plans! I'm very glad that Germany didn't have the 10 rnd auto loaders, they are excellent battle rifles. Mine was in .30-06. Traded it, miss it!

I love my FN49. Mine's a Luxembourg contract, in .30-06.

I love WW 2 rifles. I also enjoy shooting them. After shooting Mausers, Mosins, O3s, Enfield, K31 & M-1s You realize how superior the M-1 sights are.
I like shooting old bolts and Garands in matches. TCGC has a Vintage Rifle Matches 1st Saturday and 4th Saturday. It is a lot of fun and a great group of people.
<broken link removed> Every thing is shot at 200 yards with pits. A lot of fun we welcome first timers.
Also Garand matches at DRRC. They have M-1 rifles to loan and amo. Douglas Ridge Rifle Club - Service Rifle Program

Mauser 98 sporterized to 30-06 and scoped. No longer in classic trim, but I love the clunky action.

What should I expect to pay for an everyday shooter M1, FTF in Oregon? Leads appreciated.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top