1. Forest Fire Danger

Pacific Northwest outdoor shooting locations are in danger of closure due to firearm related forest fires.
    Please be responsible when shooting in our forests.

Any ranges that allow steel cased ammo?

Discussion in 'Firearm-Related Business Discussion & Reviews' started by Turtle, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Turtle

Turtle New Member

Im in the seattle area and the ranges i go to does not allow steel cased ammo. Is there a reason why? I would just go to the forest but im sure there is still snow.I have been wanting to test out my ak. Any help will be appreciated.

2. Swedish K

Swedish K Moderator Staff Member

various reasons that the indoor ranges don't like steel case - one reason is that they don't want to have to separate the steel case from the brass - some ranges have contracts for their brass and get a lower rate if its mixed. Another reason is that steel case ammo is usually eastern block surplus and some of that had steel core - they are concerned that the backstops might get damaged. I think the most likely reason that most of them don't allow it is that way you buy their ammo and they get a profit from it.

3. CarlMc

CarlMc Active Member

Sam's up in Everett does. I regularly use up my 9MM steel jacket Wolf there. The other range I go to in Arlington doesn't, but they are less restrictive in other areas.

4. B-Towner

B-Towner Member

I go to Champions in Kent. I don't believe there's a restriction there. Have done it myself repeatedly.

5. Turtle

Turtle New Member

Thanks for all the info. I usually went to champions in Kent before I moved and they didn't allow steel cased ammo. I'll check out Sam's and see how it goes. Thanks guys!

6. supergenius

supergenius Active Member

ditto for sams