JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Uh...what's your desert test????
don't live in a desert - don't plan to - no need to test my firearms in such a hellish landscape
worked in Tucson once
my eyes dried out in the dry wind at 10 O'clock at night - was still 110 deg, 10% humidity
don't plan to go back - don't know why humans want to live down there

don't live in a desert - don't plan to - no need to test my firearms in such a hellish landscape
worked in Tucson once
my eyes dried out in the dry wind at 10 O'clock at night - was still 110 deg, 10% humidity
don't plan to go back - don't know why humans want to live down there
You definitely have gills behind your ears!

Lost power this morning when a branch took out the power line. There is 10x the ice on the trees now. I suspect we will be out for days because we are rural and near the end of repairs in storms like this. We have a generator to run lights and a wood stove for heat.

battery technology is another issue to consider in cold weather
look into lithium batteries for sever cold weather
hear on the North Fork, 16 deg is about the lowest we get, so i run AGM for my generator, RTV and tractor
I have a Harley-Davidson AGM battery in my Generator - if it will start a Harley in a Wisconsin winter, it works for me
Don't count on lithium to save your hind end, different type but same tech here in this story. We had some friends over tonight and after dinner grabbed the new flamethrower to go melt some ice. The battery that was charged yesterday swelled up over night and wouldn't provide enough juice to pump the fuel. We were disappointed to say the least, now I have to figure out how to safely dispose of this future fire waiting to happen. What a bunch of BS these lithium batteries are.

Lost power this morning when a branch took out the power line. There is 10x the ice on the trees now. I suspect we will be out for days because we are rural and near the end of repairs in storms like this. We have a generator to run lights and a wood stove for heat.
Hope you can stay warm, we still have power but if it fails we have a pellet stove that I run on my suitcase generator with over two ton of pellets remaining. We also have a larger gen to run the well but it guzzles gas so it only runs when we need to poop.

We lost power for about 6 hours last week Tuesday when a local tree took out a power line and dropped on a coworker of my wife's house. Which then about an hour latter led to a transformer failure. Power came back on as I was pouring coffee and serving eggs and sausage made on the camp stove.
We have gone 72hrs with no power during the Big ice storm.

Hope you can stay warm, we still have power but if it fails we have a pellet stove that I run on my suitcase generator with over two ton of pellets remaining. We also have a larger gen to run the well but it guzzles gas so it only runs when we need to poop.
We have a wood stove. The hard of part of it is keeping the house from getting too hot. I am not set up to run the well. I have been to cheap to set up emergency power for it. We get water from the creek in buckets to fill the livestock troughs and flush the toilets.

We didn't loose power but the high winds on Wednesday brought down a rotten tree which fell on the SIL's enclosed car trailer, could have been worse! :s0118::s0118::s0118:

IMG_2228.jpeg IMG_2229.jpeg

Last Edited:
Lost power at 12:30 today when my 60 y.o. Ponderosa gave up the ghost, crashed through the power, cable, fiber and back fence to take it's dirt nap in the neighbor's yard. The whole block lost power as a result.
Fired up the small genset and brought it over to the neighbor. Went to fire up mine and sucker would not start, even though I did maintenance on all of them this summer.
So I fired up the older 6kW one, but my hookup cables are not set up for that one. Spent two hours getting all the parts together.
Heat, fridge and freezer are all on, and a few outlets. I have a propane heater warming the garage / man-cave.
I'll fix the newer genset and bring it to the other neighbors tomorrow.

Went out and bought a Farm Bos 450 chainsaw because I'm tired of fighting my older ones to get them started.
Meanwhile all around the neighborhood, trees are falling on lines. A neighbor two blocks away had a very mature set of clump cedars fall across his Toyota.

Don't count on lithium to save your hind end, different type but same tech here in this story. We had some friends over tonight and after dinner grabbed the new flamethrower to go melt some ice. The battery that was charged yesterday swelled up over night and wouldn't provide enough juice to pump the fuel. We were disappointed to say the least, now I have to figure out how to safely dispose of this future fire waiting to happen. What a bunch of BS these lithium batteries are.
Those lithium batts can make a big mess and headache for the fire dept when they blow.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top