JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On a side note. As has been mentioned numerous times in this thread Blue collar skilled workers and tradespeople are dang hard to find.

I drive dump truck for a paving co. It is hands down the best paving and site development co. in the mid valley. We are very well taken care of by our co. A family owned corp.

One of our guys 20 year old son was killed when a woman cut in front of him while he was on his motorcycle. He was a good hard working young man. We all felt the loss most of us have kids some grandkids in the same age group.

The Drivers took up a collection and handed his dad over $700 our boss and some other people did MUCH better then that.

A Scholarship was created in the Young Mans name A BLUE COLLAR SCHOLARSHIP to help young people get into trade school, driving school, community college to learn a skill or trade etc. We all figured it was time someone helped the hard working bunch. Its not hard to find a scholarship to go to college and be taught to hate America its a lot harder to find help to foot the bills for America.

Its my understanding they have awarded the first scholarships already and the outlook is very good.

My Grandfather was a Carpenter and house Painter my dad a mason and tin knocker (and big in the union) I drive truck now but have the skills of my family as we all learned from our parents and grandparents how to do what they did.

Seems many folks have been taught the only way to make a decent living is to go to college. Simply not true. The trades are a great way to make a living and a career. We have a hard time finding good folks that want to go into the trade. Good work. Good hours. Great pay and benefits. But folks would rather get a degree, some of which will end up being worthless. I've worked with more than one electrician who started out with a college degree, only to find out they could do much better working with the tools.

I've worked with more than one electrician who started out with a college degree, only to find out they could do much better working with the tools.
You're talking about me. I have a degree in elementary eduction. I even used it to be a teacher for several years. For me, being an electrician is both easier and better paying. I won't go so far as to say my degree is wasted however. I think it helps me to be a better foreman.

I love harassing sparky's :D:D
You must be a pipe fitter.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews