JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After this friday there will be alot of Fed Emps on the net (lots of free time)
OH, BTW Hitler did the same thing to Union Retirement Funds but to build munition factories, just before he invaded Poland and nationalized industry/Banned Unions.
You must keep in mind TPTB are Communists bent on the destruction of America, any method that will weaken the american economy and impoverish it's people looks like a winner to them.

You must keep in mind TPTB are Communists Fascists bent on the destruction of America, any method that will weaken the american economy and impoverish it's people looks like a winner to them.

I've come to the same conclusion, kenno. I can't understand why they're pushing this great country over a cliff.

Any cash you have in paper assets is at risk. The pentagon fund that was supposed to pay for my retirement has already been jacked. Just a matter of time before the check quits coming. Gold and silver baby!

I find it absolutely disgusting that when the Government shuts down, the military will not be paid, federal employees will not be paid, BUT Congress will still be getting their money. I know that in the next election not one single incumbent will get my vote.

Well I voted conservative and will continue to vote conservative, what some in DC and the rest of the country do not realize is that the primary purpose of the federal government is the security of the nationa nd the security of it's borders. Not flood insurance, medical services for illegals, education,arts and gazillions of other crap.

Education is up the the states if illegals wants medical care or college let them go home, come in the right way or change their own country leave mine alone and leave my country. As DOD employee, I signed an agreement to go where I am needed not to the extent I did in the military, but I am still willing to do so and if i am called at 3:00 am I have to answer the phone and go in, thats what i signed up for. I believe since I am doing this for the country I should get paid to do so not get furloughed or be threatened with it. Nor should a bunch of idiots be telling them they going to borrow my retirement without my permission because they want to piss it away on some bleeding heart crap.

You're absolutely right. Our social services are for CITIZENS in true need. I am quite sure that by strictly enforcing the laws governing these programs a huge amount of the cost could be cut without hurting those for whom the service is intended.

Well, I guess I better look hard at my TSP. I might have to take a hit and cash it in. I might need it to live on for a while.

Here's a good one for you. I work on ships for the Government, if they shut down tomorrow are nearest "friendly port" would be Gitmo Bay, Cuba. I really don't want to go there, I need to go home and get some stuff organized, training, etc!

I am Postal, we don't depend on taxes so they look at us as a cash cow. We have to pre fund our retirements when no other agency does and the A holes consider it Government Income!:huh:

I find it absolutely disgusting that when the Government shuts down, the military will not be paid, federal employees will not be paid, BUT Congress will still be getting their money. I know that in the next election not one single incumbent will get my vote.

Obama can sign a bill that would fund the military if the government shuts down. Will he?

Latest news - they reached a deal, so no shutdown.

As to the comments about pulling money out of federal retirement plans because the politicians are eye balling that cash, I would not be surprised if they are.
I have heard months ago some democrats talking about taking some or all 401k plans and IRAs and forcing participants into government bonds - another way of saying we'll take your money and give you an iou.
I there is serious talk about that, I will take my IRAs and move it to one of those self directed IRAs that allows you to buy real estate. Then I will buy real estate in another country to make sure it is beyond the grasp of our esteemed and honorable members of congress (yeah, sarcasm).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top