Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

any federal employees here?

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Just Jim, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

2. kenno

kenno eastern WA Active Member

After this friday there will be alot of Fed Emps on the net (lots of free time)
    OH, BTW Hitler did the same thing to Union Retirement Funds but to build munition factories, just before he invaded Poland and nationalized industry/Banned Unions.
    You must keep in mind TPTB are Communists bent on the destruction of America, any method that will weaken the american economy and impoverish it's people looks like a winner to them.

3. PDX06

PDX06 Portland New Member

I've come to the same conclusion, kenno. I can't understand why they're pushing this great country over a cliff.

4. SPU

SPU Southwest Oregon Old Fart

If it comes close to the deadline I'll pull my money out of the G fund and throw it into another fund they (hopefully) aren't borrowing from.

5. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

Any cash you have in paper assets is at risk. The pentagon fund that was supposed to pay for my retirement has already been jacked. Just a matter of time before the check quits coming. Gold and silver baby!

6. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

Nice idea - but I'm pretty sure they're not listening. The constituency they represent is the one that drops the cash in their campaign funds, and that ain't us.

7. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

I find it absolutely disgusting that when the Government shuts down, the military will not be paid, federal employees will not be paid, BUT Congress will still be getting their money. I know that in the next election not one single incumbent will get my vote.

8. MA Duce

MA Duce Central Oregon Well-Known Member

You're absolutely right. Our social services are for CITIZENS in true need. I am quite sure that by strictly enforcing the laws governing these programs a huge amount of the cost could be cut without hurting those for whom the service is intended.

9. sailorman2010

sailorman2010 Tri-Cities, WA Member

Well, I guess I better look hard at my TSP. I might have to take a hit and cash it in. I might need it to live on for a while.

Here's a good one for you. I work on ships for the Government, if they shut down tomorrow are nearest "friendly port" would be Gitmo Bay, Cuba. I really don't want to go there, I need to go home and get some stuff organized, training, etc!

10. marty8587

marty8587 NE Portland Active Member

I am Postal, we don't depend on taxes so they look at us as a cash cow. We have to pre fund our retirements when no other agency does and the A holes consider it Government Income!:huh:

11. Scott

Scott Battle Ground Well-Known Member

Well the people who voted for change are getting it....

12. SPU

SPU Southwest Oregon Old Fart

Yeah, and the Tea Party folks must be ticked off.

13. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Obama can sign a bill that would fund the military if the government shuts down. Will he?

14. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Latest news - they reached a deal, so no shutdown.

As to the comments about pulling money out of federal retirement plans because the politicians are eye balling that cash, I would not be surprised if they are.
    I have heard months ago some democrats talking about taking some or all 401k plans and IRAs and forcing participants into government bonds - another way of saying we'll take your money and give you an iou.
    I there is serious talk about that, I will take my IRAs and move it to one of those self directed IRAs that allows you to buy real estate. Then I will buy real estate in another country to make sure it is beyond the grasp of our esteemed and honorable members of congress (yeah, sarcasm).

15. i8asquirrel

i8asquirrel Keizer, oregon Member

<-----works at VA.