JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally I stick to book, but the 10mm has been very finicky for me. Loading the 180gr Xtreme HPRN to 1.26" runs perfect, but the Hornady (or any) what I call square shouldered bullets loves to jam up when the bullet hits the top of the chamber, every time. So far I am down to 1.25", and that plus copious amounts of polishing of the top of the feed ramps has helped in all but one frame. Next stop 1.225" and a powder drop to bunny fart.

Not specifically, but the load data sheets I pulled up listed 1.26" as COAL for all of them.
If you're specific bullet isn't listed in the data then, respectfully, your not using the exact data in the book. I've never used the exact bullet either. I've used very similar in profile, but very subtle differences in bullets profiles could cause the issues you're having.

To the OP: Sorry to minorly hijack your thread.

This is one of the bullets I have some issue with and followed the data. This shows the bullet being seated to the "shoulder", but 1.26" for me has the shoulder out by about 3/32".

10mm-Auto-180gr-version-9-0.jpg 44885-shgp-10mm-180gr-jhp-250ct-2020-highrez-1.png

new KKM barrel with the Dremel. Lol
:eek:

To the OP: Sorry to minorly hijack your thread.

This is one of the bullets I have some issue with and followed the data. This shows the bullet being seated to the "shoulder", but 1.26" for me has the shoulder out by about 3/32".

View attachment 1011709View attachment 1011708
That bullet profile looks very similar to the Montana Gold bullets. I use their .401" .40 caliber. in 155/165. With that long bearing surface and no curve to the ogive, and being used in a gun that may have lands close to the chamber, you'll have to adjust. Stay low on powder, and watch for ejection pattern, recoil, report and for primer flattening or cratering.

In the guns I've gone below OAL recommendation I'm also using somewhat slower powder. I use HS-6 in 9mm and .40 rather than titegroup or 231 for instance.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top