JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rrrrrright......
We washed our hands. Start at 09:27
Also, stick around for the updated info from China's "Bat Lady".

"Food poisoning, is considered a common occurrence on the Chinese mainland."

Quick, confiscate the phones!

Aloha, Mark

PS.....
BUT, But, but......YES, it could even happen in the US.

Last Edited:
Not gonna lie. I try to avoid restaurants and their crappy foods, but will miss Red Robin. Even mid-size chains like them are going away thanks to the lockdown BS remaining after effects. When the CC lockdowns come around, and they will because the WEF said so, just about all small restaurants and pubs will be gone.

Last Edited:
On the bright side if we do have a food shortage, it might be easier for Americans to lose some of those extra pounds they are carrying around.
I dunno. Just think about the effect of all that sequestered energy on global warming if released into the environment. Can the climate handle it?

I am the only member of my family that's concerned - at all - about preparing for hard times. Everyone else voted for Hillary and thinks I'm nuts.

Well… they could be right about me being nutty. A little. But things can change very quickly, as is pointed out in the link you shared.
"Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it."

I've never had a house fire but I still have homeowner's insurance. Actually, that did pay off after the ice storm a couple years ago when a neighbor's tree fell on my house. Same principle. Preps are insurance.

"Prepare for the worst. Hope for the best."

Damn! I'm just full of aphorisms today.

arakboss said:
On the bright side if we do have a food shortage, it might be easier for Americans to lose some of those extra pounds they are carrying around.

Obesity is from Corporate Government dictating corrupt Big Food's agenda via a Stooge 3-letter agency (FDA) to make as much $$$ as possible while pitching inexpensive and dangerous foods as 'healthy.' From Aspartame to High Fructose corn syrup, obesity is the #1 end of our children's futures currently.

Not a quantity of how much is being eaten issue. You can stuff your face with healthy foods and lose weight. Ancel Keys and his ilk convinced Gov't through bribed studies, even paid off the American Heart Assoc, 65 years ago to say "Fats Bad. Sugars are great." To this day, most people believe that lie.

When the Corps forced through the faulty food pyramid and told Americans to stop eating evil fats and that high
cholesterol causes heart attacks (a lie) and not sugars in 1980 Obesity, Heart Attacks, Strokes, and Cancers took off like a rocket.

(More on Nutrition thread)

My older brother had a heart attack a couple years ago and had to have open heart surgery (IIRC). He said he now eats a can of tuna fish every day.

I like tuna fish sandwiches, but for some reason they give me a bit of gas so I only have one, maybe two. I do like to have salmon fillets.

Anyway, as I have mentioned in the past, canned meat seems to do well in storage. Besides other meats, I've opened a ten year old can of tuna fish and found it to be okay. I have several cases of canned tuna fish in my food storage.

nc_ohc=0ML_dZGFjGEAX_gh7iX&_nc_ht=scontent.fhio3-1.jpg

ETA the sequence of my brother's diet

Last Edited:
My older brother had a heart attack a couple years ago and had to have open heart surgery (IIRC). He said he eats a can of tuna fish every day.

I like tuna fish sandwiches, but for some reason they give me a bit of gas so I only have one, maybe two. I do like to have salmon fillets.

Anyway, as I have mentioned in the past, canned meat seems to do well in storage. Besides other meats, I've opened a ten year old can of tuna fish and found it to be okay. I have several cases of canned tuna fish in my food storage.

View attachment 1751486
In addition to tuna, Keystone Meats and some others (not so much Yoders), offer chicken, turkey, beef, and pork in a can.
For Keystone the raw meat is placed in the can, a touch of salt is added, the can is sealed, and lastly the can is cooked (still sealed). Then shipped.
By cooking it sealed there are no chances of bacteria which can happen with the other canned items.

Some notes. Only by the Beef and Pork in the larger 28 oz cans. And yes you will need to sort through the meat a bit. They used to be pretty clean with the fat clumped. Now the fat chunks sometimes are in the meat still. The broth it he can is from the meat and not added water like Yoders and most others use to get to the labeled weight and provide less meat!

We actually prefer the Chicken or Turkey (Hard to tell the difference most of the time taste wise!)

In addition to tuna, Keystone Meats and some others (not so much Yoders), offer chicken, turkey, beef, and pork in a can.
For Keystone the raw meat is placed in the can, a touch of salt is added, the can is sealed, and lastly the can is cooked (still sealed). Then shipped.
By cooking it sealed there are no chances of bacteria which can happen with the other canned items.

Some notes. Only by the Beef and Pork in the larger 28 oz cans. And yes you will need to sort through the meat a bit. They used to be pretty clean with the fat clumped. Now the fat chunks sometimes are in the meat still. The broth it he can is from the meat and not added water like Yoders and most others use to get to the labeled weight and provide less meat!

We actually prefer the Chicken or Turkey (Hard to tell the difference most of the time taste wise!)
I have bought some of the Kirkland canned meats - chicken and pulled pork, maybe some beef IIRC. I also have some canned salmon. I sometimes use it in the slow cooker.

I am familiar with the process of canning, having worked in a cannery when I was young - albeit, it was green beans and fruit - which I have noticed does not last near as long a canned meat.

My older brother had a heart attack a couple years ago and had to have open heart surgery (IIRC). He said he now eats a can of tuna fish every day.
Excessive tuna can cause mercury poisoning. Costco sells a more expensive tuna (yellow can) that has been tested and has zero mercury (they say). Be careful!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top