JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
About 40 years ago I pulled over near Ventura CA and picked a Orange and got threatened at the end of a shotgun.
Didn't really see it as stealing at the time, however the person definitely disagreed.
We had that problem with our walnut trees and strawberries. People would say "oh, we thought they were free!" and we would reply "whatever made you think that?". Besides, picking walnuts right off the tree means they were not ripe yet (walnuts still on the tree are not ripe). When you pick something from an orchard it is a crop, not wild - generally (I now see walnut orchards that are essentially abandoned because they are overgrown with brambles/etc. - but they are still on private property).

Oh yeah.....that wasn't so long ago.

Aloha, Mark

PS......BUT, I can also remember recently, where there was also another egg shortage while Brandon was The Leader of The Free World.

Last Edited:
I am one cheapskate SOB but I really don't mind paying $9/dozen for true pasture raised organic eggs. One of the top healthiest things you can eat. The whole egg, yolks runny. Also everything a human body needs.
Med-Large 4 a day. Small 6 a day. Everyday. Really should have my own chickens.

A food shortage would be a welcome event for my family and I. I don't know about the rest of the world but the US has a calorie surplus problem, IMHO.

Up 33lbs since the end of June. And those 33lbs were cheap to put on, thanks mostly to Grocery Outlet.

20231130_212131.jpg

I am going to make an attempt at creating my own food shortage (variety wise) by eating mostly from the following list of food types.

Ramen noodles
Rice
Eggs
Meat
Cheese
Vegetables
Tortillas
Nuts/Nut Butters
Cereal
Dairy
Oil

I have been binging on pop tarts, cookies, crackers, candy, granola bars, etc as those foods have been available at super cheap prices per calorie lately. By cutting way back on those foods, it will drive up my grocery cost but hopefully make it easier to take off a few pounds.

Loved sugar, granolas, pop tarts, cereals, and ate food cooked in veg oils.

Without a doubt if I didn't correct that path and get discipline a few years ago I wouldn't be typing this right now.

Laying in a hospital surrounded by drug pimps trying to squeeze out that last dollar before you fade away is overrated.

Not afraid of death. Afraid of being an invalid at the mercy of others. Therefore an Ariel Atom at 175mph should do the trick someday if I start falling apart. A Klingon passing would also suffice.

Who Are the Controligarchs? Author EXPOSES Bill Gates' Plot to OWN YOUR FOOD

Bill Gates is probably not interested in farming or the food supply. He may have a purely financial motive for buying farmland.

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is working on a new rule to create a class of investments called Natural Asset Companies (NACs). Essentially, this would allow owners of land to make money by taking it out of production, and, in the name of fighting "climate change," get a return on their investment by selling carbon credits to other companies that create emissions. The carbon emissions that would be "saved" by removing land from production could make big bucks for land owners in return for doing nothing.

"Soil is one of the largest potential sinks for removing CO₂ from the atmosphere. Farming carbon back into the soil could remove 10 to 20 gigatons (or more) per year of carbon from the atmosphere and oceans. We need to remove 200 gigatons to bring CO₂ levels from our current 415 ppm to get near pre-industrial levels to combat climate change. Converting agriculture to regenerative practices can play a significant role in combating climate change and curbing biodiversity losses. NACs can be a critical catalyst in driving the switch to regenerative practices at the scale required."

Bill Gates is probably not interested in farming or the food supply. He may have a purely financial motive for buying farmland.

The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is working on a new rule to create a class of investments called Natural Asset Companies (NACs). Essentially, this would allow owners of land to make money by taking it out of production, and, in the name of fighting "climate change," get a return on their investment by selling carbon credits to other companies that create emissions. The carbon emissions that would be "saved" by removing land from production could make big bucks for land owners in return for doing nothing.

"Soil is one of the largest potential sinks for removing CO₂ from the atmosphere. Farming carbon back into the soil could remove 10 to 20 gigatons (or more) per year of carbon from the atmosphere and oceans. We need to remove 200 gigatons to bring CO₂ levels from our current 415 ppm to get near pre-industrial levels to combat climate change. Converting agriculture to regenerative practices can play a significant role in combating climate change and curbing biodiversity losses. NACs can be a critical catalyst in driving the switch to regenerative practices at the scale required."

Gates and others (e.g., Chinese) will buy up hundreds of thousands of acres, sit on them, do nothing, and collect million$ in "carbon credits" while people starve...

Just more hocus-pocus shenanigans from The Religion of Climate Change and its enablers... :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top