JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For anyone that didn't, I was pointing out the ridiculousness of saying something isn't happening based on the location you are standing in.
OK. :s0155: Yes, I can see that, now that the graphic is more fully explained. I expect that any intelligent soul would also see that.

Just seemed to be a bit of a stretch to me from arakboss's statement to the graphic to Billy Madison to the intended meaning. I got lost along the way... :s0092:

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

need.jpg

Stir-fry night at Heretic's place!
Basmati rice is excluded from the export ban, as is par boiled rice.

Basmati is, IMO, the best rice. Others like Jasmine. Some of the Basmati type rice in the USA comes from Texas, but all of the rice I have is from India (except for the "wild" rice - black rice - most of which comes from Minnesota and is rather expensive, but a little wild rice goes a long ways; you mix in about 10% at most, with the regular rice).

Interesting story yesterday about DBCC, looks like America is hiring people to get it running and Elon is going too use X as a world bank for DBCC. Without total control of DBCC the globalist can't starve everyone.

Not too worried

FD food check!
Grains in mylar check!
Cut and seasoned hardwood Check!
Water Check!
Prescription antibiotics Check!
Communications Check!
Guns & Ammo Check! ammo, ammo, ammo, ammo, more guns, more guns, ammo, ammo, ammo, Ok, just one more gun, ammo, ammo, High cap mags, ammo
Home garden Check!
Chickens Check!
Ok, just one more gun, ammo, ammo, ammo, hey, that Sig is a great deal, just one more gun, ammo, ammo, ammo

Basmati rice is excluded from the export ban, as is par boiled rice.

Basmati is, IMO, the best rice. Others like Jasmine. Some of the Basmati type rice in the USA comes from Texas, but all of the rice I have is from India (except for the "wild" rice - black rice - most of which comes from Minnesota and is rather expensive, but a little wild rice goes a long ways; you mix in about 10% at most, with the regular rice).

Minnesota and is rather expensive
I remember paying 17- 24.00 and some change for 50# of Jasmin rice 10+ years back; now it's over 50.00 so the goal post for expensive keeps moving.

Brown rice is more nutrient-dense, but its oil content is bad for long-term storage.

Parboiled rice like "Uncle Ben's " is slightly more nutrient dense because its vitamin fortified or "enriched" Most but not all will say "enriched" Some of the imported rice doesn't say it but if you look at the nutrient content label and it has any measure of Iron, Calcium, and Potassium it's enriched.

Buy and stock what you will eat

I remember paying 17- 24.00 and some change for 50# of Jasmin rice 10+ years back; now it's over 50.00 so the goal post for expensive keeps moving.

Brown rice is more nutrient-dense, but its oil content is bad for long-term storage.

Parboiled rice like "Uncle Ben's " is slightly more nutrient dense because its vitamin fortified or "enriched" Most but not all will say "enriched" Some of the imported rice doesn't say it but if you look at the nutrient content label and it has any measure of Iron, Calcium, and Potassium it's enriched.

Buy and stock what you will eat
I paid $17 for 20# of Basmati at Costco the last time (about a month ago) I bought some. That's always been about what I paid - $15-$20 per vacuum packed bag. So far the bags have stayed vacuum packed. I freeze the bags for a couple weeks then I put them in a tote.

I paid $17 for 20# of Basmati at Costco the last time (about a month ago) I bought some That's always been about what I paid - $15-$20 per vacuum packed bag. So far the bags have stayed vacuum packed. I freeze the bags for a couple weeks then I put them in a tote

I remember it being under ten dollars 7.99 or 8.99 or so. At 17 that's 50# would put it in the 40.00+ range most 50# are in the 40-50 range back in the "good old days :

I'm not worried about insects O2 absorbers will take care of that; more worried about oxidation and rancidity.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top