JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I highly doubt poor folks are buying large bags of rice from India-- let them eat US grown rice and save $$
Walmart has American-style jasmine rice two pounds # for 9.99

Or 20# Thai import Jasmine rice for 16.54

20# Indian Basmati for 18.48 for now anyway

India just announced an export ban, and some of the top brands like Chef's Secret, are 69.99 for 20#

I paid $17 for 20# of Basmati at Costco the last time (about a month ago) I bought some. That's always been about what I paid - $15-$20 per vacuum packed bag. So far the bags have stayed vacuum packed. I freeze the bags for a couple weeks then I put them in a tote.
At Costco today that 20# of Basmati is 23.99 now

I cook a lot of rice for my dog, I don't trust the dry dogfoods in the stores. About 20# a month and it's been costing $16. He is happy and healthy now since I got him off the store bought dry food. Kinda healthy ,
Most people who feed their dogs better, mix better quality dry dog food with meat/vegetables-- The dry dog food has the vitamins & minerals that your dog won't be getting from rice alone

Any concerns about food shortages?

Nah.....The CCP still has the invasion of Taiwan on their mind.

Aloha, Mark

China's in trouble this could push them to more desperation.
The bulk of their population is headed into the golden years, and their population is dropping and will reach 6-800 million by 2060
China is already dependent on 6% foreign food imports; these are the top 10 countries in order of food imports.
Half are NATO members.
  1. Brazil
  2. United States
  3. New Zealand
  4. Australia
  5. Canada
  6. Thailand
  7. Indonesia
  8. Argentina
  9. France
  10. Russia

Or they just let the old people / surplus workers die because automation is making people semi obsolete and that way they don't have to worry about spending more money on food for people that are of no use to them anyway

RE : Post #1,109

Hummmm........

I wonder if Xi can think that far ahead or if he cares all that much about what the people face/think.

LOL.....
Imagine......what if......he actually asks Kim Jong Un (or Putin), for advice about how he manages to keep ruling.

Aloha, Mark

PS.........

Awwww.....Come On Man
Chinese Communist are BEST Communists.

Is that you Brandon? And, where is the disclaimer/notice?

Huh?

You know....
"This was a PAID endorsement".

Last Edited:
Or they just let the old people / surplus workers die because automation is making people semi obsolete and that way they don't have to worry about spending more money on food for people that are of no use to them anyway
Hummmm.......
Or maybe......the CCP wants to actually solve their yute unemployment problem?

How's that work?

Well, the PLA could always use a few more warriors. Being that the invasion of Taiwan is still on.
1691085775501.png

Brilliant.
Xi's plan works. Solving unemployment while reducing the number of hungry mouths.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top