JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The current government isn't concerned, it's 40% bigger in the last 4 years.
Although I realize your post was made "off the cuff", there are a number of metrics which one could use to prove or disprove your percentage. All of them would be subject to "monkey math" and other various excuses. I've been looking at the data lately, mostly due to the recent budget issues, and will provide one data point. This is the total US Government outlays (expenditures) per fiscal year, which runs Oct 1 of the previous year listed to Oct 1 of that year. 2023 is estimated, figures are in trillion and rounded.
Source: Whithouse.gov budget historical tables

2016 3.853
2017 3.992
2018 4.109
2019 4.447
2020 6.554
2021 6.822
2022 6.273
2023 6.371(e)

I'll let others do the math for percentage increase of any particular 4 year spread, but it looks like 35%
is more accurate. Thanks, Joe!!

Edited my "monkey math"

Last Edited:
Source: Whithouse.gov budget historical tables

2016 3.853
2017 3.992
2018 4.109
2019 4.447
2020 6.554
2021 6.822
2022 6.273
2023 6.371(e)

I'll let others do the math for percentage increase of any particular 4 year spread, but it looks like 35% is more accurate. Thanks, Joe!!
Per 4-year FY increments
2016 to 2019: 15.42% ↑
2017 to 2020: 64.18% ↑
2018 to 2021: 66.03% ↑
2019 to 2022: 41.06% ↑
2020 to 2023: 2.79% ↓ (est)

Sure looks like @Certaindeaf's "off the cuff" of 40% was pretty accurate for the most recent 4-year spread (not using any estimated amounts)... :s0092:

Last Edited:
Speaking only for my small.family. it's not so much a shortage of food, but a relative shortage of money :rolleyes: prices on food have shot up rather sharply in the last year and half. Compounding that issue are two growing children. Oy. Looks like it'll be cheap food for me and the wife and good food for the kids.
This is what I have been saying for a while - apparently very poorly:

There will come a time when shelter, water, food, security, energy and yes, healthcare, are so scarce/expensive, that being self-reliant in those regards will be a matter of survival.

Healthcare is one that I have not mentioned before, but it is getting there (I paid $500 for a procedure and biopsy today because the healthcare provider simply will not deal with insurance due to the expense/effort and other constraints), so I will include it now.

Health care is no different than any other business. They are in it to make a profit. However, their practice is to over treat, over test to make money.
They prescribe 24 PT treatments when 12 is sufficient, a MRI when an xray would be good enough, order extra testing that is unnecessary, if the hospital has empty beds, they will keep you longer than needed. Health care providers have become the same as the local auto repair shop who sells you a brake job when you still have 50% left on your brake pads.
Health care should be a universal benefit for all American citizens. However this would not work as our government is not competent enough to manage the program and it would end up costing us even more $.
Medical care and Rx drugs cost more in the US than in most other countries. This is because our elected officials have been paid off by the health care industry to not regulate them.
Look at the total cost of your employment provided heath care. For my wife and I it is 1100 a month including the employers contribution. This 6600 a year per person not including co payments.

Not to worry. The Chinese have found many solutions. All while making MORE profits.

Snail Rice Noodles. Sounds "yummy". Rrrrrright.....

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
RE : Post #1,012
Cannibals in the "big cities".

Yup......your post reminded me of......

+++++
+++++

1686508368033.png

Aloha, Mark

In 1962 the USA had 182 million acres of cropland.

As of 2021 the USA has 160 million acres of cropland.
That's some pretty easy math to do. Then, we figure how many mouths there were to feed in 1962 and compare that to the number of mouths in 2021. That makes for another dose of easy math. From there, I think the conclusion should be pretty obvious...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top