JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wagyu steak. Man, that's good.

6048DC64-F49B-4065-A252-F305A3E629F8.jpeg

2952B8A9-F06C-44B6-9A19-E8F665B7743E.jpeg

Yummy! Will people boycott or rebel? No, of course not. In fact, they are already adding them to foods as well as MRNAs. Insects are a toxin to humans, but crunch away .... save the Earth lol. Let the depop continue; great for the planet.
All while TPTB dine on grass fed luxury steaks and pastured raised eggs for themselves.

View attachment 1425752
That's so last year, Burt
This year it's all about feeding man's former best friend bugs

People have been eating insects and surviving for millennia. In Africa, the hotel buffets served roasted Mopane worms, which are really caterpillars of some sort of moth. I ate them, I didn't get sick nor was I consumed by their offspring etc. etc.
People eat shrimp which are arthropods that swim in swarms rather than fly. They are all just protein that our bodies can assimilate. Bugs would not be my first choice for dinner, but it is useful information to know that I can eat them to stave off starvation.

fyi, Roasted Mopane worms tasted like sardines to me. Crunchy sardines.

People have been eating insects and surviving for millennia. In Africa, the hotel buffets served roasted Mopane worms, which are really caterpillars of some sort of moth. I ate them, I didn't get sick nor was I consumed by their offspring etc. etc.
People eat shrimp which are arthropods that swim in swarms rather than fly. They are all just protein that our bodies can assimilate. Bugs would not be my first choice for dinner, but it is useful information to know that I can eat them to stave off starvation.

fyi, Roasted Mopane worms tasted like sardines to me. Crunchy sardines.
As Pumbaa would say: Slimy, yet satisfying…

Thai scorpions are crunchy... :)
In your mouth or under your heel?
I saw photos of scorpions on a stick from some street vendor at the Peking olympics. Now I am leery of the quality (And safety) of food from any 3rd world street vendor. So my 1st thought upon seeing that was some enterprising homeless dude in Beijing wondering how to make a buck off the hordes of tourists coming to town. He then gets stung by a scorpion and a light bulb goes off in his head. So he makes a few yuan cleaning scorpions out of people's homes, enough money to buy a hibachi, some skewers , seasoning and some charcoal and now Big Ole from Stockholm and Pierre from Lyon and Merton and Ethel from Bugtussle Arkansas and thousands more visitors all return home with tales of exotic food and diarrhea they all had at the Olympics, and this one-time homeless dude (or dudette) is now an oligarch.

Last Edited:
I saw photos of scorpions on a stick from some street vendor at the Peking olympics. Now I am leery of the quality (And safety) of food from any 3rd world street vendor. So my 1st thought upon seeing that wassome enterprising homeless dude in Beijing wondering how to make a buck off the hordes of tourists coming to town. He then gets stung by a scorpion and a light bulb goes off in his head. So he makes a few yuan cleaning scorpions out of people's homes, enough money to but a hibachi, some skewers , seasoning and some charcoal and now Big Ole from Stockholm and Pierre from Lyon and Merton and Ethel from Bugtussle Arkansas and thousands more visitors all return home with tales of exotic food and diarrhea they all had at the Olympics, and this one-time homeless dude (or dudette) is now an oligarch.
China has existed for centuries on a huge famine cycle with at least one major 7-figure starvation event per generation.

Some dude serves a scorpion on a stick, I'm less likely to think he's hacking the tourist game and more likely to think he just shared the recipe that got his great grandparents through to tomorrow.

Either way, I'm still probably getting the runs.

I ate them. They weren't too bad. The heat of cooking neutralizes the venom.
Oh, I didn't get the trots, either. I have what's known as a cast iron stomach. It's why I even try this shiit. Had BBQ rat-on-a-stick in Saigon, and it was tasty, too!

I saw photos of scorpions on a stick from some street vendor at the Peking olympics. Now I am leery of the quality (And safety) of food from any 3rd world street vendor. So my 1st thought upon seeing that wassome enterprising homeless dude in Beijing wondering how to make a buck off the hordes of tourists coming to town. He then gets stung by a scorpion and a light bulb goes off in his head. So he makes a few yuan cleaning scorpions out of people's homes, enough money to but a hibachi, some skewers , seasoning and some charcoal and now Big Ole from Stockholm and Pierre from Lyon and Merton and Ethel from Bugtussle Arkansas and thousands more visitors all return home with tales of exotic food and diarrhea they all had at the Olympics, and this one-time homeless dude (or dudette) is now an oligarch.
Now that's funny right there.jpg

The fried tarantulas in Laos/Cambodia are not to be missed:) The small grubs taste like seafood but the big ones are less palatable to a western stomach. I'll root around for a photo later. No reason to go hungry if you've got bugs like that all over. Wonderful cooks there really do the stuff right.

The fried tarantulas in Laos/Cambodia are not to be missed:) The small grubs taste like seafood but the big ones are less palatable to a western stomach. I'll root around for a photo later. No reason to go hungry if you've got bugs like that all over. Wonderful cooks there really do the stuff right.
No thanks. Been there, didn't do that.

had the crickets at an M's game a few years back, to much lime or something on them..

plus, that delicious Dungeness crab, its pretty much a tasty bug.. same with lobsters

and, tell me, who hasn't eaten an ant or 3 ???

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top