JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As am I (but with a small "L"), and so do I...
However, I lean more toward right-libertarianism than left-libertarianism. So I tend to gravitate toward Rightist stores that recognize my Constitutional and human rights to RKBA, and the notions of personal responsibility, property rights, and Liberty and Freedom, as opposed to Nanny-Statists and other Libtard-owned and operated stores. There's enough of a selection of stores, both brick & mortar and online, that I can get most everything I want from right-of-center stores. Sure, it's more work and sometimes more expensive, but I vote with my wallet as well as my conscience.
_nc_ohc=TUZf_JW0H5cAX_zQAXz&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

I quit shopping at Costco and cancelled my membership 4 years ago. They're a very Leftist company that promotes Leftist causes.
My money is better spent at Winco, which actually allows open carry in their stores (not that I ever OC, but it's a corporate position I can appreciate).
Uh-oh, you're not going to like the direction WinCo is heading.....

Used to have lots of quality meat selections at Grocery outlet. Grass Fed and Finished. Also true pasture raised eggs.
All at a premium, but available. Now not so much. When I see quality hamburger I buy it up. If I want to eat a GMO Soy burger I can go to McDonalds.

You can't leave someone hangin' like that... Spill it!
Well, mostly my observation-based conspiracy theories....

WinCo has begun having many of their products made outside of USA, huge red flag for me. Means modern corporate mindset is taking over....

Worse of all, I couldn't stand going in to my WinCo last month, they had swag with that stupid triangle-rainbow-bigot flag all over the store. Helium foil balloons at every check out, other rainbow themed merch randomly placed on many aisle ends.... I had to have my wife go for me. BTW, Safeway and QFC had no such merchandise, that I could see (I don't go looking either tbf)

Bet, if a company outsourced a critical thing like foodstuffs and waives the alphabet soup flag, that OC policy is soon to be ended

WinCo has begun having many of their products made outside of USA, huge red flag for me. Means modern corporate mindset is taking over....

Worse of all, I couldn't stand going in to my WinCo last month, they had swag with that stupid triangle-rainbow-bigot flag all over the store. Helium foil balloons at every check out, other rainbow themed merch randomly placed on many aisle ends.... I had to have my wife go for me. BTW, Safeway and QFC had no such merchandise, that I could see (I don't go looking either tbf)

Bet, if a company outsourced a critical thing like foodstuffs and waives the alphabet soup flag, that OC policy is soon to be ended
Hmmmm... haven't seen anything like that at all in my local WinCos (we have 2), nor in any of the Safeways that I frequent, nor even in the Yoke's stores..

Could just be a regional/locational thing???

Hmmmm... haven't seen anything like that at all in my local WinCos (we have 2), nor in any of the Safeways that I frequent, nor even in the Yoke's stores..

Everett WA. Not exactly a bastion of leftism.

Maybe just that local manager took it up on themselves (that would be an appropriate pronoun for anything, yeah?) to have the alphabet soup products brought in. But the WinCo branded foodstuffs no longer being US made is definitely corporate wide. I used to love WinCo, because globalization hit the name brands, you could get the generic versions, made in USA, from WinCo for years..... Something's changed....

QFC = Wokester Kroger, though.

I did see a pack of rainbow skittles at checkout stand at the kennewick one, I hurled the whole rack across the conveyor belt and showed them what I thought of that... no not really, i lied 😔🤣

WinCo has begun having many of their products made outside of USA, huge red flag for me. Means modern corporate mindset is taking over...
Yup, and that's not new. It's how, @10 years back, they could sell apples for .68/lb when fresh picked Washington apples were $1.50/lb right after the harvest. Look at the apple carton/box...says "made in China". They work hard to get reliable food sources at a decent price, but they did have Washington apples at the same time as Chinese ones. Seriously.

Yup, and that's not new. It's how, @10 years back, they could sell apples for .68/lb when fresh picked Washington apples were $1.50/lb right after the harvest. Look at the apple carton/box...says "made in China". They work hard to get reliable food sources at a decent price, but they did have Washington apples at the same time as Chinese ones. Seriously.
Yes, that is how food distribution works.

I remember Chinese apples 10 years ago.

They were in EVERYTHING apple.
Tree Top bottled juice, China
Frozen concentrate, China
Applesauce, China

Heck, it's pretty common to see fruit cups from China.

There's absolutely no reason to globalize our food chain, unless it's for ethnic products.

Too many farms get shut down.

I remember Chinese apples 10 years ago.

They were in EVERYTHING apple.
Tree Top bottled juice, China
Frozen concentrate, China
Applesauce, China

Heck, it's pretty common to see fruit cups from China.

There's absolutely no reason to globalize our food chain, unless it's for ethnic products.

Too many farms get shut down.
Fruit that cannot be grown in a given locale and out of season fruit.

That said, I would not trust food that has been grown or processed in China; they have proven time and time again, that they will cheat, in very harmful ways to our health. For a communist country, they sure do like to cheat, in any way possible, to make more money.

At least many truckers and farmers are awake to the war being waged against the food supplies globally.

Other nations do not have the propaganda/fear media machine we have here (yet) so they are able to recognize BS a little faster than we do ..... remember they brag openly that by 2030 most 'permissions and liberties' - not true freedoms - will be dust including the 2A.

The WEF and other entities that have literally trillions in resources and control 95%+ of the media and politicians should be taken very seriously.

Americans have proven in 2001, and 2021-2022 that we are ok with every transparent manipulation therefore the future is bleak. Glad to have been born in the early 60s. Probably the best window; too young for Vietnam and now too old to see the world plunged into complete tyranny over scripted nonsense.

Costco regularly moves things around to get people to walk all of the aisles. They also have some things that they run out of at the prices they pay. Some of those things you may never see again in Costco, some may be back next week. Costco is generally not a good place to use to gauge whether there is a shortage of something.
I had been to Costco numerous time over the years and has a said I walked all of the aisles and could not find any chicken broth. The dry cereal has been in the same place many years as well until they moved up front where the chicken broth used to be.

I was just wondering if anyone has any concerns about a food shortage? I know with a of the flooding in the Midwest that a lot of farmers gave up on planting this year.

Illinois farmers give up on planting after floods, throw party instead

I am not sure how dependent we are on corn or other crops for from the Midwest but would expect higher prices since millions of acres of corn were not planted. I am thinking about stocking up on some canned goods and other items now.

I am not sure if MSM has posted anything yet either but I expect food prices to rise in the future.
I wonder if the effect of this the farmers have to sell their land to Gates and other "Wildlands project supporters"

I was just wondering if anyone has any concerns about a food shortage?
Yes. I raise pigeons. Excellent source of protein. They fly out and eat, and they come home and feed me. Of course I feed them a little bit too, but they mainly forage for themselves. They kept many a Russian peasant alive during the revolution. Ancient Rome is another example how this so-called "flying rat" fed the masses

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top