JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm thinking about grabbing up a couple months worth of 25-year food so I can sleep a little better between now and whenever I might need it. As I weigh all these options, are there any favorite brands or basic philosophies you guys and gals might share?

Thank you for looking.
Stay away from prepared "kits", for the most part. Ex those 72hr buckets & such. Also stay away from anything "Wise" branded.

Then, simply try some. Mountain house is the gold standard for most folks, AND they make portions packaged for weekend trips. If you see some at a store, buy some & try them. If you like them, then most MH are also made bulk (#10 cans). Wether the #10 cans will be available in what you like may be a challenge, however it gives you an idea.

For "basics" (rice, grains, oats, beans) prepackaged for long term storage, LDS (Latter Day Saints) stores are the best value. Even currently. One need not be LDS to shop there.

Check the interwebs for LDS Bishop storehouse locations, days & times they are open. It varies....

Last Edited:
Ukraine and Russia's plummeting wheat exports threaten Egypt's political stability. Long the world's top importer of wheat, Egypt provides subsidized bread nearly free to 72 million people, out of a total population of 103 million. To head off potential unrest, Cairo has cast a global net for new wheat supplies from Paraguay to India and is directing the country's farmers to harvest wheat earlier than usual this year.

Neil used to be just a mainline finance advisor and then over the last couple years he woke up to some unpleasant realities. A decent guy to watch since he doesn't sensationalize everything and isn't into fear mongering like most ........

Neil used to be just a mainline finance advisor and then over the last couple years he woke up to some unpleasant realities. A decent guy to watch since he doesn't sensationalize everything and isn't into fear mongering like most ........

Very nice presentation, thanks for the share!!

I'll add onto what he mentioned by stating that by stocking up now, folks can save money, stock up on what they enjoy AND remove future competition (by not needing whatever later, when there will be less of "whatever" available others will want).

A grossly oversimplified example of such is those of us on the boards whom stocked up on ammunition and/or reloading components while prices were low & they were readily available.

Hopefully folks on here will take his advice and stock up on foods they enjoy, which store well...

I'll add onto what he mentioned by stating that by stocking up now, folks can save money, stock up on what they enjoy AND remove future competition (by not needing whatever later, when there will be less of "whatever" available others will want).

A grossly oversimplified example of such is those of us on the boards whom stocked up on ammunition and/or reloading components while prices were low & they were readily available.

Hopefully folks on here will take his advice and stock up on foods they enjoy, which store well...
Exactly. Back in March-June of 2020, we didn't have to purchase toilet paper because we already had a good stock of it. In fact, I gave some away to our daughter, who was caught moving into a new home that first week. So we did not add to the competition for goods because we had a substantial supply to begin with. I recall walking into a grocery store at the time and a woman told me "they just stocked the toilet paper," which was very nice of her, but I replied, "Thanks, but I'm set in that department. I'll leave it for someone else."

Very nice presentation, thanks for the share!!

As mentioned the LDS, (Mormon) church definitely has medium and long terms food storage figured out. You will not encounter any preaching or evangelizing and they have the foodstuffs as well as the storage containers available in a one stop shop.

I have no affiliation or financial tie to the LDS church.

Last Edited:
https://dailytimewaster.blogspot.com/2022/06/is-this-something.html

1654138102997.png

I went to Costco yesterday and they had moved all of the dry cereal up where there used to be almond milk, chicken broth, etc. Walked every aisle but did not see any.

I went to Costco yesterday and they had moved all of the dry cereal up where there used to be almond milk, chicken broth, etc. Walked every aisle but did not see any.
Costco regularly moves things around to get people to walk all of the aisles. They also have some things that they run out of at the prices they pay. Some of those things you may never see again in Costco, some may be back next week. Costco is generally not a good place to use to gauge whether there is a shortage of something.

Costco regularly moves things around to get people to walk all of the aisles. They also have some things that they run out of at the prices they pay. Some of those things you may never see again in Costco, some may be back next week. Costco is generally not a good place to use to gauge whether there is a shortage of something.
I quit shopping at Costco and cancelled my membership 4 years ago. They're a very Leftist company that promotes Leftist causes.
My money is better spent at Winco, which actually allows open carry in their stores (not that I ever OC, but it's a corporate position I can appreciate).

I quit shopping at Costco and cancelled my membership 4 years ago. They're a very Leftist company that promotes Leftist causes.
My money is better spent at Winco, which actually allows open carry in their stores (not that I ever OC, but it's a corporate position I can appreciate).
I shop both. If I didn't shop at all corps that do/have politics I don't agree with, then I couldn't buy almost anything.

I am Libertarian, so I agree and disagree with both left & right.

I am Libertarian, so I agree and disagree with both left & right.
As am I (but with a small "L"), and so do I...
However, I lean more toward right-libertarianism than left-libertarianism. So I tend to gravitate toward Rightist stores that recognize my Constitutional and human rights to RKBA, and the notions of personal responsibility, property rights, and Liberty and Freedom, as opposed to Nanny-Statists and other Libtard-owned and operated stores. There's enough of a selection of stores, both brick & mortar and online, that I can get most everything I want from right-of-center stores. Sure, it's more work and sometimes more expensive, but I vote with my wallet as well as my conscience.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top