JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Besides not eating poisonous berries, make sure the blackberries you eat have not been sprayed to kill them. I always tell my neighbors when I am spraying so they know not to mess with the berries.
We have some blackberry bushes in our back yard. I was going to get my weed whacked out and the nylon cutting blades cut them up and then use root killer to kill to root ball.

They produced tasty blackberries this year and did need to buy at the grocery store. I need to find a way to keep them in check which is very hard. Not sure where they get the water since we don't have any irrigation in our front and backyard.

We do have a built in sprinkler system but not used for a few years and we just let our lawn turn brown and comes right back when rain starts to fall again.

We have few spigots for the hoses but our landscape is mature and does need that much water to survive.

Maybe, maybe not.
China and south Korea buying our exports would be a more significant factor in fresh pork availability. Price, while currently slightly higher, is almost unnoticeable when compared to beef.

Any shortage, or higher prices, in pork are almost always due to a lack of processing and transportation help.
Feed prices are also on the rise (drought).
Well, if a person lives in Kalifornia, good luck with bringing home the bacon.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2...assed-3-years-ago-could-create-pork-shortage/

"Could create"?.. more like will create.
Looks like pork prices will drop for the rest of the nation.
Maybe drop in the short term, but will rise nationwide eventually as producers try to comply with regulations from one single state that is affecting national commerce. Big staple of Asian and Hispanic cuisine, and CA has a high percentage of those ethnic groups as a consumer base.

Maybe drop in the short term, but will rise nationwide eventually as producers try to comply with regulations from one single state that is affecting national commerce. Big staple of Asian and Hispanic cuisine, and CA has a high percentage of those ethnic groups as a consumer base.
The producers will sidestep this "feel good " nonsense law.

I can think of half a dozen ways to comply with it and not change much about how the hogs are penned.

Way above my pay grade tho.

Yeabut that short term will be sweet knowing that Californians are fd.

We have some blackberry bushes in our back yard. I was going to get my weed whacked out and the nylon cutting blades cut them up and then use root killer to kill to root ball.
I doubt you will be able to use anything less than steel to cut the canes.

They produced tasty blackberries this year and did need to buy at the grocery store. I need to find a way to keep them in check which is very hard.
At a duplex I rented up in the Seattle area, the Himalayan blackberries had grown up so much that they were threatening to take over the house. I was unemployed at the time, so I spent many days out whacking them down by hand - it took 2 years to beat them back about 20 feet while I was unemployed. I would use a shovel and pick ax to dig up the roots. But I only got so far because the hill behind the house had much much more and I finally got a job.

Not sure where they get the water since we don't have any irrigation in our front and backyard.
They don't need much, just the occasional rain. That is one reason why they are so invasive.

Winco usually has that - at least in small packages. I've not seen it at Costco.

Costco is problematic in two ways:

1) They will have something and then they won't - half their stuff they often have for a short period of time, and then when they run out they never have it again. They just happened upon an oversupply or other good deal for a short time.

2) They will move some things around just to force you to walk all the aisles. It increases buying of stuff you didn't know you wanted. https://www.businessinsider.com/costco-store-layouts-are-confusing-by-design-2018-3
true

I no longer buy from the bulk bins at Winco - I've had problems with pests in the food.

I have noticed various foods I buy regularly have increased in price over the last 6-12 months, by 10-20%, some less so.
Plus I have seen certain individuals (wont say from where, you guys know me I would never think about saying anything mean :rolleyes: ) shoving their dirty paws in the bins to scoop out food.

re: Pork in the PRK
I wonder if there will be big pork outlets outside the CA borders on I-5, I-80, 15, and 10. " Pecos Bill's Last Chance Pork Stop"
Idiot voters there got what they deserve. Next time read the proposition before you vote for it, dummies!

I doubt you will be able to use anything less than steel to cut the canes.

At a duplex I rented up in the Seattle area, the Himalayan blackberries had grown up so much that they were threatening to take over the house. I was unemployed at the time, so I spent many days out whacking them down by hand - it took 2 years to beat them back about 20 feet while I was unemployed. I would use a shovel and pick ax to dig up the roots. But I only got so far because the hill behind the house had much much more and I finally got a job.

They don't need much, just the occasional rain. That is one reason why they are so invasive.
I have Ryobi 4 cycle gas trimmer and I put a Rino-Tuff head on it and it takes 3 nylon cutting blades. I have used to cut some black berry bushes on the side of our home and it worked fine. The blades are replaceable. I use blades to weed whack most areas except where the fence is and use string that fits on the same trimmer head.

875D40B9-C26B-4F88-AD72-659F92B74AF6.png

I was at the chef's store (cash and carry) on 82nd drive the other day and the meat locker was almost empty. I was shocked.. every time I'd been there before it was full to the brim.
And chubs of 80/20 ground beef are $40 where around 4 months ago were $20.

I've been following the lead of my grandparents. I try and have a decent pantry. It's not crazy and I definitely eat out if my food supply. Once you have a decent amount, it's not hard to buy a couple items here and there. Personally I think it's irresponsible for those able to not have at least a few buckets of food layed up

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top