JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I don`t have a gun when I answer the door, I look thru the window to see who it is however. Now late at night its a different story, me or my girlfriend answer the door and the other has a gun "handy"

I look at it this way. If my door ever gets kicked in then who ever enters is the enemy and will be engaged until dead, destroyed, or captured. And since I have no ability to take POWs then double tapping across the objective will be a neccesity. If I did something wrong then come talk to me don't just kick in my door and probably shoot my dog unless you want a violent response in return.

I bought a coffee cup at the last Portland Expo Gun Show. It had pictures of different variations of ARs on the side. The accompanying caption said "Because the next revolution won't be fought with muskets."
It seems where we are headed, except no one has the courage to start it. Waco had a the chilling effect that they intended.

Solsenitsyn (sp) said of Stalin's NKVD drag nets in Moscow: (sic) "If the people had fought back, and the thugs had stopped going home, the Gulag purges would have failed."

I look at it this way. If my door ever gets kicked in then who ever enters is the enemy and will be engaged until dead, destroyed, or captured. And since I have no ability to take POWs then double tapping across the objective will be a neccesity. If I did something wrong then come talk to me don't just kick in my door and probably shoot my dog unless you want a violent response in return.

Agreed.

I bought a coffee cup at the last Portland Expo Gun Show. It had pictures of different variations of ARs on the side. The accompanying caption said "Because the next revolution won't be fought with muskets."
It seems where we are headed, except no one has the courage to start it. Waco had a the chilling effect that they intended.

Solsenitsyn (sp) said of Stalin's NKVD drag nets in Moscow: (sic) "If the people had fought back, and the thugs had stopped going home, the Gulag purges would have failed."

Waco and Ruby Ridge had a reverse effect of causing millions to arm up and quietly loosely organize out of rightful fear of the federal beast

Unintended consequences

I do NOT encourage the endangerment of police while in the performance of their duties.

I DO promote the return of balance between "police authority" and "citizen authority". Police power, balanced against citizens, has been growing for much too long: They need to be reminded that they work for us, and that WE the PEOPLE are sovereign, not the police, not the legislature, not the governor, not the president, and not the courts.

No sane citizen wants the confrontation.. We the People did not agree to this modification of the former status quo and we will not be morally responsible for the coming corrective actions

My brother use to do this as a joke. I knocked on the door at his house to come in, and when my brother opened it, he had his p22 pointed right at me and said "You're dead James." we both got a good laugh out of it.

THen a few days later I was at his house when he was out, where my gun is located and he comes through the door and I pointed my laser sight of my Beretta M9 right on his chest and said "You're dead bro." and he goes "ohhhhh" realising he was dead too, and we both laughed pretty good.

My brother use to do this as a joke. I knocked on the door at his house to come in, and when my brother opened it, he had his p22 pointed right at me and said "You're dead James." we both got a good laugh out of it.

THen a few days later I was at his house when he was out, where my gun is located and he comes through the door and I pointed my laser sight of my Beretta M9 right on his chest and said "You're dead bro." and he goes "ohhhhh" realising he was dead too, and we both laughed pretty good.

This is a very bad idea and not funny in any way

I don`t have a gun when I answer the door, I look thru the window to see who it is however. Now late at night its a different story, me or my girlfriend answer the door and the other has a gun "handy"

A true gentleman provides covering fire while his lady reloads :s0155:
You've got a good system going

Wow. Just......wow

Dear god. Please tell me you haven't reproduced and polluted the gene pool. It seems you're on the shallow end anyway, it can't get any better at your depth.

Well the question was about answering the door with a gun in hand, those are the only 2x Ive experienced it, but it was as a joke. Obviously you fail to see any humor in it, but at the time it was pretty funny between the both of us.

First of all, I wouldn't point a gun at anyone, nor was I pulling the trigger repeatedly when I answered the door, or my brother. No one was at any danger at any time, asides that one time which was an inside joke between me and my brother and not people who weren't related to us or weren't in on the joke, pretty much I follow all NRA safety rules when it comes to gun ownership. Except for trigger locks.

If I go outside, I keep the gun in a case so it doesn't freak the neighbors out, I always make sure to see if its loaded, I keep the ammunition in a separate place than the gun, etc. etc. We got no kids in the house, so we don't have to worry about our guns falling into the wrong hands, we have a gun safe thats bolted to the floor. I don't put my finger in the trigger guard when I get the gun out (unless Im using the laser sights which pretty much requires it)

No we haven't had any planned pregnancies yet so no kids.

Wow. Just......wow

Dear god. Please tell me you haven't reproduced and polluted the gene pool. It seems you're on the shallow end anyway, it can't get any better at your depth.

Get the sense that the gene pool will eventually be cleansed in this regard

I certainly hope so. Stupidity of that level shouldn't go unpunished.

I hate to burst your bubble but it probably will. For one thing it was in our own home when we did it, the most either of us could of done at the time was pistol whip since neither gun was loaded, let alone chambered, nobody called the police because nobody cared, and it happened years ago.

First of all, I wouldn't point a gun at anyone, nor was I pulling the trigger repeatedly when I answered the door, or my brother. No one was at any danger at any time, asides that one time which was an inside joke between me and my brother and not people who weren't related to us or weren't in on the joke, pretty much I follow all NRA safety rules when it comes to gun ownership.

Sounds like you pointed a gun at someone. That's both a bad idea and a violation of the NRA safety rules. With the configuration you said you had to have your finger inside the guard. You don't want your finger there unless you're firing. I'd suggest some blue guns if you want to do this type of stuff.

You might think its funny but ignoring basic safety rules is how people get "accidentally" shot and killed.

I hate to burst your bubble but it probably will. For one thing it was in our own home when we did it, the most either of us could of done at the time was pistol whip since neither gun was loaded, let alone chambered, nobody called the police because nobody cared, and it happened years ago.

There is (nearly, barring mechanical failure) no such thing as an "accidental discharge".. they are nearly ALL "negligent discharges" and the fault of foolish behavior

Reads just like one of them news reports right after someones head gets blown off.

In the State of Oregon it is against the law to point a firearm at another human for reasons other then self defense.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads