JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Four black teens kill Lawrence ‘Shine’ Thornton – 87 year old WWII veteran

Lawrence Shine Thornton was an 87 year old World War II veteran. I say was because he has died after a fatal burglary attempt by four teens who could be Obama’s sons. Terrance Morgan, Edward Johnson, Leslie Litt and Geblonski Murray could all be Obama’s son like Trayvon Martin. These four black thugs ‘allegedly’ attacked the elderly Lawrence Shine Thornton on his own property. The elderly man later died at the University Of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, Mississippi. And Obama’s race war rages on.
check.jpg
veteran_0.jpg
Lawrence ‘Shine’ Thornton – 87 year old WWII veteran killed by four black teens – CNSNEWS/WABG-TV
Lawrence Thornton was famous locally for his hot tamales. Known as ‘Maria’s Famous Hot Tamales’, they were named after his wife Mary. Terrance Morgan, Edward Johnson, Leslie Litt and Geblonski Murray are being charged with capital murder. CNSNEWS has a tribute video of Lawrence Thornton.

Lawrence Shine Thornton tribute
Four teenagers are being charged with capital murder in the fatal mugging of 87-year-old Lawrence E. ‘Shine’ Thornton of Greenville, Mississippi.
‘Shine’ was a World War II veteran and a famous personality in the Delta region for his hot tamales. They were known as ‘Maria’s Famous Hot Tamales’, named after his wife Mary. He was crowned king of the 2012 Delta Hot Tamale Festival.
According to Greenville police, Thornton was killed after being accosted in his own driveway on Oct. 18. He was pushed down and his wallet stolen.
It’s a story of hard work, overcoming adversity, belief in God and finding some success in doing something you love. A veteran who served on a minesweeper in the Pacific theater during World War II, he returned home to work for a local electric company and eventually opened a liquor store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice the differences in the articles?

Teens charged with capital murder of WWII veteran who died after mugging

Lawrence E. 'Shine' Thornton, who was known for running his home business Maria's Famous Hot Tamales, was violently attacked on his driveway on Oct. 18. The four thieves took his wallet, along with his life, and are being held on bail for as much as $3 million.

By Nina Golgowski / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Sunday, October 27, 2013, 11:35 AM

Print

veteran28n-1-web.jpg Delta Hot Tamale Festival via Facebook

Lawrence E. ‘Shine' Thornton, a beloved World War II veteran and pillar of his local community, was killed in a mugging by four teens just after recognized as king of the second annual Delta Hot Tamale Festival.

Four teens have been charged in the fatal mugging of an 87-year-old World War II veteran who died two days after the attack on his own driveway , according to police in Mississippi.
The teens, ages of 18 and 19, were all charged with capital murder after Lawrence E. "Shine" Thornton, a beloved member of his Greenville community, was fatally attacked on Oct. 18.
Greenville police tell the Delta Democrat Times that the teens, all from Greenville, "pushed him down and stole his wallet" around 5:30 p.m.

The WWII widower was airlifted to the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson where he later died.
Terrance Morgan, 19, Edward Johnson, 19, Geblonski Murray, 18, and Leslie Litt, 18, were arrested Monday and charged with capital murder, robbery and conspiracy to commit a robbery after Thornton's community launched a reward for the arrest of the culprits responsible for his attack.
Morgan was the sole teen denied bond by a municipal judge Wednesday, the Times reports. Johnson and Geblonski had bond set at $3 million, while bond for Litt was set at $2.5 million.

Just hours before the brutal attack, Thornton, who in recent years became a hot tamale entrepreneur, was honored for the second year as king at the local Delta Hot Tamale Festival.
In an article with the Southern Foodways Alliance, Thornton was remembered as not only a skilled hot tamale entrepreneur, but also the owner of a liquor store who ran the shop while working 37 years for the Delta Electric Co.
Prior to this, he served two years as a fireman first class aboard minesweeper the USS Herald, according to his obituary.

After losing his job with the electric company in 1984, the Shaw native focused on his a liquor store he had kept on the side to support his family.
That same year he also started to work in the hot tamale business, where he would craft his moneymaking recipe.
That recipe soon blossomed into Maria's Famous Hot Tamales, which was named after his Sicilian wife, Mary, and was housed in a backyard kitchen.

The Delta Hot Tamale Festival, which celebrated its second anniversary Oct. 17-19, memorialized its late king on its Facebook page with a photo of him seated proudly at his throne.
"Our love and prayers go out to your family. And you will forever be our King Shine," it said.
At least a dozen commenters mourning his loss chimed similar sentiment.
"Our Prayers go out to his Sons and his beloved Grandchildren. A Fine Southern Gentleman. So Sad," wrote Facebook user Ruth Perkins.

[email protected]

This is happening way too often. Punk kids without a conscience. It's a common thing. People make split second decisions without care for others.
They should take all these pieces of human waste and drop them off in afghanistan. They deserve a cowards end. Long, full of pain, and then burn them. There's no place on this earth for this kind of evil.

Sociopathy is so commonplace now that we barely even notice it anymore. I still believe 95% of people are basically good, but that other 5% make it really hard to ever let your guard down. A true sociopath is a scary individual to deal with. Problem is that they look just like you and I. You usually dont get to know until its too late.

Sociopathy is so commonplace now that we barely even notice it anymore. I still believe 95% of people are basically good, but that other 5% make it really hard to ever let your guard down. A true sociopath is a scary individual to deal with. Problem is that they look just like you and I. You usually dont get to know until its too late.

Indeed. The cougar never makes his intentions known to the deer in advance.

Given the sharp rise in people carrying guns in the last decade, I theorize violent criminals will start to get a lot more aggressive with surprise attacks. No longer can you be pretty certain your prey is toothless- nowdays, you give any warning, odds are a lot higher you'll get force-fed lead.

You know what WOULD be relevant? The perpetrator's socioeconomic bracket. There's a huge correlation between being poor and being perpetrators of violent crime. There is however NO correlation between race and violent crime, independent of socioeconomic status.

Do you know what that means? Probably not... so I'll help you.

It means if you look at crimes by race across socioeconomic status, you'll actually find that blacks are no more likely to perpetrate violent crime than any other race within their own socioeconomic class. In fact, the higher you go in household income, the LESS likely blacks are to commit crimes of any kind, violent or not.

So what's that mean? It means poverty breeds crime. Race does not.

You know what WOULD be relevant? The perpetrator's socioeconomic bracket. There's a huge correlation between being poor and being perpetrators of violent crime. There is however NO correlation between race and violent crime, independent of socioeconomic status.

Do you know what that means? Probably not... so I'll help you.

It means if you look at crimes by race across socioeconomic status, you'll actually find that blacks are no more likely to perpetrate violent crime than any other race within their own socioeconomic class. In fact, the higher you go in household income, the LESS likely blacks are to commit crimes of any kind, violent or not.

So what's that mean? It means poverty breeds crime. Race does not.

No you're wrong! This is what your handlers propaganda have indoctrinated you with. It is the proper raising of your children that decides their outcome.

No you're wrong! This is what your handlers propaganda have indoctrinated you with. It is the proper raising of your children that decides their outcome.

A different angle, but I'll support you on this. However, all we're doing is chicken-egging- how does a child properly raise a child? How does a drug addict? How does an incarcerated father? You're pointing this out like all people need to do is say, "oh snap... I just need to be a good parent." Problem solved.

I can't call someone a racist unless they first get racial. Since you brought race into this, as though if these kids had been white this wouldn't have happened, you pretty much threw that one right at me. As our esteemed fair moderator said, "low hanging fruit," bro.

The single biggest problem with racism in this country, and why it's still a problem, is that people don't even recognize what it is or that they're racist. If you believe skin color affects anything other than peoples' perceptions, you're a racist. I wouldn't be half as irritated by it if people would just own up to it.

Just accept it. Own up. bubblegum the stigma, bubblegum being PC. Just announce, "yep- I am racist. I do think racial lineage is a precursor to behavior and/or intelligence. I reject the notion that it's social constructs that have created the divide between light and dark skin tones in this country- it's the effect of racial lineage that's majorly to blame. I don't hate anyone, I think everyone is equal in God's eyes and the eyes of the law... but I personally believe blacks are genetically short-handed."

Racism isn't white hoods or swastikas. It's just stamping a social stigma on race that ultimately results in different consideration and treatment.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews