JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only reason anyone locks their doors these days is because they watch the news. Crime is almost identical today as it was in the 50s.

Should have guessed who it was from...................................
Were you even here in the 50's?
I was and we had no crime and no drug users. A drunk or two, but not any gangbangers, serial killers were unheard of for the most part and school and mall shooters just did not exist.
That was when No paperwork at all was required to buy a gun.
That all began with the commie culture of the 60's.

LOL

I just noticed the annotations on this chart... wonderful.

The above is true, HOWEVER we all know that "banning" bubblegum didn't cause the decrease in crime. It was locking people up and throwing away the key, and arming the citizens that did it.

So where is the 50's stats ???????????????????????
What is this graph from ? Link??

So which version of America would you rather live in?

America 1950 vs. America 2012

America 1950 vs. America 2012 - you make the call....

In 1950 you could order a reasonably priced firearm from a magazine.
Bo BS paperwork jungle to navigate.

In 1950, a gallon of gasoline cost about 27 cents. I paid .14.9 in 1956.

In 2012, a gallon of gasoline costs $3.69.

In 1950, you could buy a first-class stamp for just 3 cents.

In 2012, a first-class stamp will cost you 45 cents.

In 1950, more than 80 percent of all men were employed.

In 2012, less than 65 percent of all men are employed.

In 1950, the average duration of unemployment was about 12 weeks.

In 2012, the average duration of unemployment is about 40 weeks.

In 1950, the average family spent about 22% of its income on housing.

In 2012, the average family spends about 43% of its income on housing.

In 1950, gum chewing and talking in class were some of the major disciplinary problems in our schools.

In 2012, many of our public schools have been equipped with metal detectors because violence has become so bad.

In 1950, mothers decided what their children would eat for lunch.

In 2012, lunches are inspected by government control freaks to make sure that they contain the "correct foods" in many areas of the country. For example, one 4-year-old girl recently had her lunch confiscated by a "lunch monitor" because it did not meet USDA guidelines....

A preschooler at West Hoke Elementary School ate three chicken nuggets for lunch Jan. 30 because the school told her the lunch her mother packed was not nutritious.

The girl's turkey and cheese sandwich, banana, potato chips, and apple juice did not meet U.S. Department of Agriculture guidelines, according to the interpretation of the person who was inspecting all lunch boxes in the More at Four classroom that day.

The Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services requires all lunches served in pre-kindergarten programs - including in-home day care centers - to meet USDA guidelines. That means lunches must consist of one serving of meat, one serving of milk, one serving of grain, and two servings of fruit or vegetables, even if the lunches are brought from home.

In 1950, the United States was #1 in GDP per capita.

In 2012, the United States is #13 in GDP per capita.

In 1950, redistribution of wealth was considered to be something that "the communists" did.

In 2012, the U.S. government redistributes more wealth than anyone else in the world.

In 1950, about 13 million Americans had manufacturing jobs.

In 2012, less than 12 million Americans have manufacturing jobs even though our population has more than doubled since 1950.

In 1950, the entire U.S. military was mobilized to protect the borders of South Korea.

In 2012, the U.S. borders with Mexico and Canada are wide open and now there are 1.4 million gang members living inside the United States.

In 1950, there were about 2 million people living in Detroit and it was one of the greatest cities on earth.

In 2012, there are about 700,000 people living in Detroit and it has become a symbol of what is wrong with the U.S. economy.

In 1950, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was slightly over the 200 mark.

In 2012, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is threatening to soar over the 13,000 mark.

In 1950, corporate taxes accounted for about 30 percent of all federal revenue.

In 2012, corporate taxes will account for less than 7 percent of all federal revenue.

In 1950, the median age at first marriage was about 22 for men and about 20 for women.

In 2012, the median age at first marriage is about 28 for men and about 26 for women.

In 1950, many Americans dressed up in suits and dresses before getting on an airplane.

In 2012, security goons look at the exposed forms of our women and our children before they are allowed to get on to an airplane.

In 1950, each retiree's Social Security benefit was paid for by 16 workers.

In 2012, each retiree's Social Security benefit is paid for by approximately 3.3 workers.

In 1950, many Americans regularly left their cars and the front doors of their homes unlocked.

In 2012, many Americans live with steel bars on their windows and gun sales are at record highs.

In 1950, the American people had a great love for the U.S. Constitution.

In 2012, if you are "reverent of individual liberty", you may get labeled as a potential terrorist by the U.S. government.

In 1950, the United States loaned more money to the rest of the world than anybody else.

In 2012, the United States owes more money to the rest of the world than anybody else.

In 1950, the U.S. national debt was about 257 billion dollars.

In 2012, the U.S. national debt is 59 times larger. It is currently sitting at a grand total of $15,435,694,556,033.29. Surely our children and our grandchildren will thank us for that.

Back in the 1950s and 1960s, about 70 percent of all American adults were married.

Today, only about 50 percent of all American adults are married.

We are more independent, less religious, more addicted to entertainment and more doped up on prescription drugs than Americans used to be.

We have a higher standard of living than Americans in 1950 did, but we are also drowning in an ocean of debt unlike anything the world has ever seen.

So which version of America would you rather live in?

America 1950 vs. America 2012

America 1950 vs. America 2012 - you make the call....

In 1950 you could order a reasonably priced firearm from a magazine.
Bo BS paperwork jungle to navigate.

In 1950, a gallon of gasoline cost about 27 cents. I paid .14.9 in 1956.

In 2012, a gallon of gasoline costs $3.69.

In 1950, you could buy a first-class stamp for just 3 cents.

In 2012, a first-class stamp will cost you 45 cents.

In 1950, more than 80 percent of all men were employed.

In 2012, less than 65 percent of all men are employed.

In 1950, the average duration of unemployment was about 12 weeks.

In 2012, the average duration of unemployment is about 40 weeks.

In 1950, the average family spent about 22% of its income on housing.

In 2012, the average family spends about 43% of its income on housing.

In 1950, gum chewing and talking in class were some of the major disciplinary problems in our schools.

In 2012, many of our public schools have been equipped with metal detectors because violence has become so bad.

In 1950, mothers decided what their children would eat for lunch.

In 2012, lunches are inspected by government control freaks to make sure that they contain the "correct foods" in many areas of the country. For example, one 4-year-old girl recently had her lunch confiscated by a "lunch monitor" because it did not meet USDA guidelines....

A preschooler at West Hoke Elementary School ate three chicken nuggets for lunch Jan. 30 because the school told her the lunch her mother packed was not nutritious.

The girl's turkey and cheese sandwich, banana, potato chips, and apple juice did not meet U.S. Department of Agriculture guidelines, according to the interpretation of the person who was inspecting all lunch boxes in the More at Four classroom that day.

The Division of Child Development and Early Education at the Department of Health and Human Services requires all lunches served in pre-kindergarten programs - including in-home day care centers - to meet USDA guidelines. That means lunches must consist of one serving of meat, one serving of milk, one serving of grain, and two servings of fruit or vegetables, even if the lunches are brought from home.

In 1950, the United States was #1 in GDP per capita.

In 2012, the United States is #13 in GDP per capita.

In 1950, redistribution of wealth was considered to be something that "the communists" did.

In 2012, the U.S. government redistributes more wealth than anyone else in the world.

In 1950, about 13 million Americans had manufacturing jobs.

In 2012, less than 12 million Americans have manufacturing jobs even though our population has more than doubled since 1950.

In 1950, the entire U.S. military was mobilized to protect the borders of South Korea.

In 2012, the U.S. borders with Mexico and Canada are wide open and now there are 1.4 million gang members living inside the United States.

In 1950, there were about 2 million people living in Detroit and it was one of the greatest cities on earth.

In 2012, there are about 700,000 people living in Detroit and it has become a symbol of what is wrong with the U.S. economy.

In 1950, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was slightly over the 200 mark.

In 2012, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is threatening to soar over the 13,000 mark.

In 1950, corporate taxes accounted for about 30 percent of all federal revenue.

In 2012, corporate taxes will account for less than 7 percent of all federal revenue.

In 1950, the median age at first marriage was about 22 for men and about 20 for women.

In 2012, the median age at first marriage is about 28 for men and about 26 for women.

In 1950, many Americans dressed up in suits and dresses before getting on an airplane.

In 2012, security goons look at the exposed forms of our women and our children before they are allowed to get on to an airplane.

In 1950, each retiree's Social Security benefit was paid for by 16 workers.

In 2012, each retiree's Social Security benefit is paid for by approximately 3.3 workers.

In 1950, many Americans regularly left their cars and the front doors of their homes unlocked.

In 2012, many Americans live with steel bars on their windows and gun sales are at record highs.

In 1950, the American people had a great love for the U.S. Constitution.

In 2012, if you are "reverent of individual liberty", you may get labeled as a potential terrorist by the U.S. government.

In 1950, the United States loaned more money to the rest of the world than anybody else.

In 2012, the United States owes more money to the rest of the world than anybody else.

In 1950, the U.S. national debt was about 257 billion dollars.

In 2012, the U.S. national debt is 59 times larger. It is currently sitting at a grand total of $15,435,694,556,033.29. Surely our children and our grandchildren will thank us for that.

One of the only things that is constant in life is change.

Whether we like it or not, America is going to continue to change.

Back in the 1950s and 1960s, about 70 percent of all American adults were married.

Today, only about 50 percent of all American adults are married.

We are more independent, less religious, more addicted to entertainment and more doped up on prescription drugs than Americans used to be.

We have a higher standard of living than Americans in 1950 did, but we are also drowning in an ocean of debt unlike anything the world has ever seen.

What? I have no interest in this conversation. We're talking crime stats, dude. Please go back to ignoring me.

Should have guessed who it was from...................................
Were you even here in the 50's?
I was and we had no crime and no drug users. A drunk or two, but not any gangbangers, serial killers were unheard of for the most part and school and mall shooters just did not exist.
That was when No paperwork at all was required to buy a gun.
That all began with the commie culture of the 60's.

There was PLENTY of crime. You just didn't hear about it. That's entirely the point.

There was PLENTY of crime. You just didn't hear about it. That's entirely the point.

Only organized crime in the eastern cities. Today it is every other person in the cities.
You are truly delusional.
Were you there then? If not don't tell us what was.
And sure as hell will adjust you back to IGNORE.

Ben, in all of this thread, you have not ONCE posted a single verifiable Fact. Every thing off your keyboard has been opinion...

Nothing wrong with opinions, except they are worthless in a Real Discussion about "Anything", let along a topic like the OP brought up.

And you brought up "living conditions" in trying to defend against what you See, as. Racial attack, upon black ethnicity. Not Once a viable link to show your point is valid.

Taku made an effort, to show the difference between the 1950's and now, might I remind you, that:

1. Both Taku & I lived the 1950's, and I for one, can state: I lived them with, and next to Blacks. Didn't mean a thing to me, they were guys, I was a guy, we did guy things.

2. Blacks lived in the Fifties. They had Fathers. At home. Who knew their Childrens Names !!!!

3. There were No massive Murder rates... In any ethnicity.

4. Today, within the Black Society, what I wrote above is just no longer True. What Changed????

Now, I noted with interest, that you were born in 1981. I have children older than you. I say that,for the following point, I ask you to ~only consider~ It.

"What if, what you have been taught, ALL of Your life, about history, sociology, political issues"

WHAT IF ALL OF THAT WERE NOT TRUE, or full of so many falacies, that it might as well be all false????

Please, spend some time on that, before responding!!!! Deeply Consider, the potential, that a small group of radical persons, developed an educational system, that slowly brought about saying Very False Filled informative educational items.

Before you respond, please add 5+5 and remember, that NOW, by the current Administration of the Department of Education, a student will be given a Correct Answer, if they say 11. That was Early October, not to long ago, less than 30 days in fact....

Our Math, is now so poorly taught, that it is Acceptable to give a correct, to the anser 5+5=11

And then wonder, hmmmmm, what about my history classes. My political issues classes. My Hmmm were any of YOUR classes potentially corrupt, and HOW would YOU know??????[/I

philip, asking the most serious question You Have Ever FACED.

Ben B,

Don't know if you are sincere or just making odd statements just for the sake of attention. I am an open minded person though (formerly very close minded) so I will give what you have to say the benefit of the doubt.

Some of it rings true oddly. Anyone who watches the six o'clock news with a keen eye knows in fact that they are watching the government news. Every bad event paraded before everyone, everywhere.

That is why Americans fear terrorists while statistically they are actually not even a mathematical concern on any level. Marketing of fear rules. Purely used as a justification for the police state we live in.

90% of the stories shown are fear mongering. Here, 'this' happened. Now be afraid. As an individual you are powerless. But there is a hero trying to save you - government/police/authorities. Here is what these heroes are doing for you. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. It never ends. Constant 'programming.'

In that observation I believe we agree. Ever crime, every bad event is used as a fear tactic leading to the usual Problem (crime, etc), Reaction (Fear), Solution (more power for Gov).

But the 50s thing, not so much. People are simply more desensitized, immoral, and simply more me-me-me, a thousand times me!!! now than ever before. Even political correctness where we are all supposed to be in a same-behavior hive isn't slowing it down.

The world is a worse place - and specifically people - progressively. When the debt bubble bursts and our economy collapses we will see the worst of humanity, ever, displayed for all to see specifically in the good old USA. We will be the polar opposites of say the Japanese pulling together after the tsunami. Numero Uno!, only factor.

The solution is not more tyranny of course but that is where it obviously will go, and we will never return to our (fake) freedoms ever again.

So ... think happy thoughts and live every day like these are the last of the good times because my friend they are ...

Ben, I would edit my last comment, but choose rather, to do a post upon it, so there is no confusion why the other "was edited".

My browser skipped from page 4 to page 6, leaving me without your graph, which, in essence was an attempt to prove your POV, so I erred in saying you had not done a Single "Link" although, Links, by definition, are URL's that allow the reader to further study the information, like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saul_Alinsky

IMho, it is as interesting a read, as the OP giving us the two MSM Variations, upon the murder.

I will later find another source to link to, but I do not have it on my iPad Mini.

Edited: it was faster than I thought!!!!

www.conservapedia.com/Saul_Alinsky

philip.

Further edit: my use of https://ixquick.com as a search engine provide the conservapedia link, I just did not notice it.

conservapedia, provide a Conservative viewpoint on topics, where as wiki is virtually over run by Liberal viewpoints note, I no longer use the terms Republican & Democrat. They have no Solid Definition. Meh. Conservative & Liberal are hardly better, but I always state, I am a Conservative, meaning to Conserve.

Hope you read Both, just the First paragraph even... One shows an accepting Bias, the other a reality, and IMO, not biased, "just the facts"......

Last Edited:
Best reference I have seen yet.
Mirror their tactics right back at people that use them.

Good find boondocks :)

Saul Alinsky - Conservapedia

Taku, thank you!!

In using the ixquick browser, I also found a website that, shudder had the entire "Rules for Radicals" as a post. I still need to really study the website, but it was making the claim, that Alinsky was operating under Christian Beliefs.... Uhhh Alinsky was a self admite Marxist, an atheist, and he dedicated the First Edition to Lucifer, the First Radical....

But he slept in a motel room once, and it had a Gideon's Bible in it, so he is a Christian???!

I don't know, the rest of the story about the website... I have it iconed, so I can search the whole thing to see, If it might have been an ~Expose' on those who claim to be....~[/I
I strive not to publish bad links, wrongful accusations, etc., so I only posted wikipedia & conservipedia... I wish there were MORE issues to be found in the latter, as compared to the former....

Oh Well, a wish in one Hand....

philip,
BoonDocks, USA where we are just like Flyover Country, we prefer that Liberals just Fly Over, but not stay....

Taku, thank you!!

In using the ixquick browser, I also found a website that, shudder had the entire "Rules for Radicals" as a post. I still need to really study the website, but it was making the claim, that Alinsky was operating under Christian Beliefs.... Uhhh Alinsky was a self admite Marxist, an atheist, and he dedicated the First Edition to Lucifer, the First Radical....

But he slept in a motel room once, and it had a Gideon's Bible in it, so he is a Christian???!

I don't know, the rest of the story about the website... I have it iconed, so I can search the whole thing to see, If it might have been an ~Expose' on those who claim to be....~[/I
I strive not to publish bad links, wrongful accusations, etc., so I only posted wikipedia & conservipedia... I wish there were MORE issues to be found in the latter, as compared to the former....

Oh Well, a wish in one Hand....

philip,
BoonDocks, USA where we are just like Flyover Country, we prefer that Liberals just Fly Over, but not stay....

Ahhh sometimes we all get fooled by links and post them, but what is life without mistakes.
In this case you are right on.
It is a great one to disclose the Alinsky methods the left uses to attack America. They have used them to do serious damage.
The poser in our Whitehouse has used those methods in every aspect of his life to deceive the country. He is the new Jim Jones.
He and his followers have the Alinsky techniques mastered and they have to be called to the carpet every time they try to use them.

Alinsky did not join political parties. When asked during an interview whether he ever considered becoming a Communist party member, he replied:

Not at any time. I've never joined any organization—not even the ones I've organized myself. I prize my own independence too much. And philosophically, I could never accept any rigid dogma or ideology, whether it's Christianity or Marxism. One of the most important things in life is what Judge Learned Hand described as 'that ever-gnawing inner doubt as to whether you're right.' If you don't have that, if you think you've got an inside track to absolute truth, you become doctrinaire, humorless and intellectually constipated. The greatest crimes in history have been perpetrated by such religious and political and racial fanatics, from the persecutions of the Inquisition on down to Communist purges and Nazi genocide.[4]

Alinsky was a radical thinker. Some of his ideas were good, some not good. No, he wasn't a Christian... but he was a lot more Christian in thought and deed than a lot of Christians (I say this as a Bible-reading, literalist, tithing Christian).

As to my apparent lack of response... to what? I'm under no obligation to continue this conversation for your amusement. I'm quite sure you could summarize MY argument, but I cannot summarize yours, because you don't seem to have one.

In case you're having trouble, here's my point:

-Believing certain races are predisposed to certain behaviors, morality, or intelligence is the definition of racism, and that this erroneous belief is based on ignorance (lack of anthropological education) and is harmful to society by perpetuating the stigmas of these beliefs, thereby creating a situation which appears to confirm them... keeping the cycle revolving. "Hate" doesn't have much to do with it, as racism exists independent of hatred.

-A sub-point made after the fact is that violent crime reporting is the same or barely higher than it was in the middle of the last century, when it was as its lowest.

Both of these assertions are true, and there is an abundance of evidence to support them, from academics of all backgrounds, operating under federal grants, corporate funding, academic institutions, and individually, all peer reviewed- heaps and piles more than the smidgens of contrary evidence available on white-supremacist and reactionary websites. Just because you put a nice presentation together doesn't mean your facts actually are.

Chose to believe what you will. I've said my piece, and am done with this one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top