JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Earthquake. 4.1 on 18 May, 2019, about 200 km.West of Bandon OR.. Shallow. On the Cascadiian Fault. Did NOT feel anything here in Cave Junction. I was napping at the time in bed.

That is all.

Here in Cave Junction SW Oregon people have always been on their own. Minimal governmental infrastructure. Now we are beginning to enter the annual wildfire season. A yearly "hold your breath" situation. Get through it --- and TRY to carry on with activities of daily living. However .... an occasional dream (nightmare) about 'The Big One' is still permissible. Shake rattle and roll. Yikes! :)

4.0 on Saturday, 25 May, 2019. About 2300 hours. On the fault off the Oregon coast. About 10 km deep. Again I was in bed and felt nothing. Anybody living on the Mid Oregon feel anything? Strange there is little or no network news yet on that Peru big one.

Every so often I have a good night mare in color with sound effects, odors, stinks and lots of pain trying to survive a mega tsunami. Usually do not. Wake screaming. The next day I try to analyze the dream. Probably manifesting old age body pain? Amazing waves. :)

That is all.

49667E54-1D0C-44CB-91BF-926616084AB3.jpeg

Oddly enough according to the Insurance companies most in Oregon do not opt for Earthquake insurance on their homes.
I lived in the SF Bay Area in the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake, we were about 80 miles away from SF, and about 150 from the quake epicenter. It put a 8inch crack on the foundation and knocked our off its supports. I have earth quake insurance, and I am about just as far as I was then from most of these EQ zones.

Oddly enough according to the Insurance companies most in Oregon do not opt for Earthquake insurance on their homes.
I lived in the SF Bay Area in the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake, we were about 80 miles away from SF, and about 150 from the qujjake epicenter. It put a 8inch crack on the foundation and knocked our off its supports. I have earth quake insurance, and I am about just as far as I was then from most of these EQ zones.
Yep. I was in Campbell, about 15 miles from the epicenter. I was just settling in to watch the Giants vs A's World Seies game when it hit. The TV fell out of the entertainment center and was bouncing on the floor and stereo electronics got trashed. Lots of broken dishes too.
I now have earthquake insurance . Surprisingly, it is way cheaper up here despite all the Cascadia worries.

Yep. I was in Campbell, about 15 miles from the epicenter. I was just settling in to watch the Giants vs A's World Seies game when it hit. The TV fell out of the entertainment center and was bouncing on the floor and stereo electronics got trashed. Lots of broken dishes too.
I now have earthquake insurance . Surprisingly, it is way cheaper up here despite all the Cascadia worries.

I was in Benicia, my truck was bouncing in the driveway like it had Hydraulics. I too was watching the game, almost went to that game. Made a mess of that area for several years. Campbell, yep that was real close to the epicenter.

5.6 about 6 km SSW of Petrolia CA. 23 June, 2019. About 9.4 km deep. On the South end of the Cascadia? For me this might switch my attention span from green to yellow. That plus the ongoing hot weather wildfire potential. Just me.

That is all.

I saw a docu a while back and they were saying something about the cascadia fault actually linking up tot he San Andres, so quakes on one can cause a reaction on the other

The Kiggins Theater in Vancouver is having a Science On Tap show in July about the Cascadia Fault system and its potential.
I have my tickets.
Hey, Even if the show sucks, Kiggins' popcorn is worth the trip. It's the bomb!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top