Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

And now the USPS is buying ammo.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tfbit, Feb 5, 2014.

1. tfbit

tfbit Eugene, OR Active Member

2. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

Where do these people get off, with all the articles I have recently read about the usps on the verge of bankruptcy there is no way they can afford to buy anything
    I'd like to know what they think they are gonna do with ammo anyhow?

Redcap and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

Unbelievable that they need this amount of ammunition at all! It is wrong and should be stopped!! The Department of Education? Why are all these Government Service Agencies becoming Para-military groups?

4. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

sometimes it sure does look like the .gov is preparing itself for a war with the citizens it serves.

5. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Yep there is a storm on the horizon gentleman, from what has been reported.
    Every government agency known in existence is arming to the hilt and so should we!!!

6. The Heretic

The Heretic Oregon Well-Known Member

You do know that postal inspectors are federal LEOs that carry guns - right?

That like any federal LEO that carries a firearm or uses one in the line of duty, that they are generally required to practice and qualify - right?

That such practice and qualification requires ammo - right?

A LOT of federal agencies have some sub-department that investigates crimes which violate laws they are are mandated to enforce.

RicInOR, shootnscoot, rkoreis and 3 others like this.
  7. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

Wildcat and (deleted member) like this.
  8. tfbit

tfbit Eugene, OR Active Member

Sorry. I'm losing track lately of just how many different gubermint agencies have armed police. So, does anyone know if the "Postal Police" have tanks yet?

USPIS_Patch.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Postal_Inspection_Service

9. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

Library detective?

[video=youtube;D9tP9fI2zbE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9tP9fI2zbE[/video]

10. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

There are like 70 armed agencies.
    That is like 69 too many.
    from 2010: Full List of Armed Federal Agencies | The Truth About Guns

Remember a year ago, there was a dust up that hte Weather service was buying ammo - turned out it was a "typo" by the purchasing clerk - it was really for the Fish & Wildlife inspectors. They are armed, cause when you call someone on poaching, miles from anywhere, you had better be able to defend your life.

On the Postal service - and surplus military gear : (if you browse the full collections of posts you will find some which are NSFW -these 2 are OK, unless you have very strict policies)
    Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir :: February 5, 2014 Archives
    Day by Day Cartoon by Chris Muir :: February 6, 2014 Archives

11. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

I believe the Public Health Service has their own police force as well. It had something to do with the O-Care law.

12. simon99

simon99 Central Oregon Well-Known Member

When I was in the military, I qualified and practiced a lot too....but we never used JHP's to do so.

13. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

The Education Dept. has spent over $80,000 so far on Glock pistols and over $17,000 on Remington shotguns.

Back in July, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration also purchased 72,000 rounds of .40 Smith & Wesson, following a 2012 purchase for 46,000 rounds of .40 S&W jacketed hollow point by the National Weather Service.

NOAA spokesperson Scott Smullen responded to concerns over the weather service purchase by stating that it was meant for the NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement for its bi-annual “target qualifications and training.”

14. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

I thought that the USPS needed the ammo to fight off those UPS and FedEx bastiges?

clambo and (deleted member) like this.
  15. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

This can't be. Cause we all know your not allowed firearms in postal buildings.:huh: