JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Where do these people get off, with all the articles I have recently read about the usps on the verge of bankruptcy there is no way they can afford to buy anything
I'd like to know what they think they are gonna do with ammo anyhow?

Unbelievable that they need this amount of ammunition at all! It is wrong and should be stopped!! The Department of Education? Why are all these Government Service Agencies becoming Para-military groups?

You do know that postal inspectors are federal LEOs that carry guns - right?

That like any federal LEO that carries a firearm or uses one in the line of duty, that they are generally required to practice and qualify - right?

That such practice and qualification requires ammo - right?

A LOT of federal agencies have some sub-department that investigates crimes which violate laws they are are mandated to enforce.

Sorry. I'm losing track lately of just how many different gubermint agencies have armed police. So, does anyone know if the "Postal Police" have tanks yet?

USPIS_Patch.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Postal_Inspection_Service

That like any federal LEO that carries a firearm or uses one in the line of duty, that they are generally required to practice and qualify - right?

A LOT of federal agencies have some sub-department that investigates crimes which violate laws they are are mandated to enforce.

There are like 70 armed agencies.
That is like 69 too many.
from 2010: Full List of Armed Federal Agencies | The Truth About Guns

Remember a year ago, there was a dust up that hte Weather service was buying ammo - turned out it was a "typo" by the purchasing clerk - it was really for the Fish & Wildlife inspectors. They are armed, cause when you call someone on poaching, miles from anywhere, you had better be able to defend your life.

On the Postal service - and surplus military gear : (if you browse the full collections of posts you will find some which are NSFW -these 2 are OK, unless you have very strict policies)
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

When I was in the military, I qualified and practiced a lot too....but we never used JHP's to do so.

The Education Dept. has spent over $80,000 so far on Glock pistols and over $17,000 on Remington shotguns.

Back in July, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration also purchased 72,000 rounds of .40 Smith & Wesson, following a 2012 purchase for 46,000 rounds of .40 S&W jacketed hollow point by the National Weather Service.

NOAA spokesperson Scott Smullen responded to concerns over the weather service purchase by stating that it was meant for the NOAA Fisheries Office of Law Enforcement for its bi-annual "target qualifications and training."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top