JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know what a boat is.
A hole in the water to throw money into.

Everyone that I knew that had a boat was just as happy when they sold the boat as when they bought it.

Movies and books for entertainment along with a good meal.

I don't buy much these days since inflation shot up but entertainment at home like streaming or reading is just fine.

And home remodel

IMG_20231117_125539485.jpg

Whatever happened to the "hookers and blow" commenter! If i were daring enough, this would be it.

I'll have to say, travelling is the answer for me.

Like they say, first world problems...

Let's see, raising a family, home repairs, medical bills... oh right, you did say "enjoy"...

I took one of your earlier threads this year to heart, and pretty much stopped spending money on myself altogether. No more guns, ammo, reloading stuff, etc.. I don't do camping, hunting, RVs, boats, any of that stuff. I've been driving the same vehicle for over 20 years.

It's actually been pretty easy. I haven't even been tempted to buy any guns for a long time. There's nothing I need, or even want. As the months go on, I've been thinking more and more about getting rid of a bunch I already have. After a while all the toys we spend our money on feel pretty empty.

You know what a boat is.
A hole in the water to throw money into.

Everyone that I knew that had a boat was just as happy when they sold the boat as when they bought it.
RV's are the same way. Super excited the day you buy it, super excited the day you finally sell it!

What other areas in life do you enjoy spending money on besides firearm related stuff?
For me personally? Nothing really. The only things I used to buy regularly were books and firearms, but I have enough, and have been downsizing in both categories here and there. Acquiring things, in and of itself, doesn't do much for me.

If you mean for my children, then that is another story. They are at a period in their development in which they are absorbing knowledge rapidly. They are musical, so that has been a focus, for example.

Property upkeep. Neighbor decided to funnel surface water into our joint wetlands. While I'd like to pond it, (and so would he), County doesn't appear enthusiastic. I also don't want to lose the trees in it from the excess water that's flowing in now, so I just finished digging a 60 foot piped drainage trench to funnel it into my creek. Have four+ yards of medium rock coming Monday, which I'll have to move down to cover it. Cost of pipe and rock alone would have covered a nice used pistol.

Plus, there's fencing to fix and add, grass hay and grass seed I still need, not to mention some tractor implements I've been eyeing (a backhoe would have nice for the trench), not to mention our new puppy. Firearms will have to take a back seat, unless of course I see something in the classifieds that's too good a deal to pass up…

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top