JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Books....as in quality reads in topics that I enjoy :
Firearms ...
First person accounts of historic events...
Some science fiction and fantasy..
Westerns...

I enjoy reading and learning...however...finding a well written book in any of the above can be difficult.
There are a lot of books of the above out there....however..editors putting a modern spin or judgement on people and events from the past , make for finding a good history book , difficult at times.
As for westerns , science fiction and fantasy....lots and lots of trash writing out there.
Andy

I really don't buy much these days. I already have too many toys. E.g. Somewhere around a dozen very nice guitars, but I only touch one of them occasionally. Mostly I put money away.

Since I don't compete anymore or even shoot all that recreationally much anymore, I don't spend much on firearms related crap.

Firearms are mostly supportive to other hobbies and general life ie: hunting, fishing, being outdoors and general defensive needs.

The bulk of my discretionary money is going to building out our MT property. I'm working on a 40x80 shop and will start a 12x16 cabin in spring 2024. I've spent so much on equipment, tools and building materials I wouldn't be able to afford a firearms hobby anyway!

I know this might sound crazy but I am getting tired of buying firearm related stuff. The shine of new to me gun purchases is wearing off. I am still looking forward to Black Friday deals but then I will take a short break in December. I need to save up for income tax bill. In January, I am going to shift some extra curricular spending towards eating out and take out food.

Of course, I will still be hunting for bargains but instead of firearm stuff it will be for cheap food. I don't imagine it will take long before I am itching for gun deals again. A bonus element to eating out will be the boost to my immune system.

I used to buy and sell tube amps constantly. They were fun to work on and mess around with. Primarily spend funds on travel and outdoor activities with the family as of late.

I know this might sound crazy but I am getting tired of buying firearm related stuff. The shine of new to me gun purchases is wearing off. I am still looking forward to Black Friday deals but then I will take a short break in December. I need to save up for income tax bill. In January, I am going to shift some extra curricular spending towards eating out and take out food.

Of course, I will still be hunting for bargains but instead of firearm stuff it will be for cheap food. I don't imagine it will take long before I am itching for gun deals again. A bonus element to eating out will be the boost to my immune system.
While Wife and I like to go out to eat now and then I have never been nearly as brave as she is. She is forever finding hole in the wall joints that are cheap. Normally food is sub par. Having had food poising a couple times made me stay clear of places like this. My idea of a "cheap" meal out is Applebee's. Some of the places Wife has showed me look scary to me. :s0140:

Tergiversation with a hint of trichotillomania.

200.gif

Horses. Get into them and you will no longer have time or money for guns. We have had horses for 25 years and I have spent more on them this year than all the others combined. I'm hoping things settle out soon as I have a new python that needs shot for the first time. Bought it right as trouble hit and have not looked at since the day it came home with me.

I enjoy both guns/ shooting and the horses. Between those two there is no time for any other fun.

I am surprised more people haven't mentioned motorcycles, RVs, ATVs, Boats, etc.
Me too. Some of this stuff is not much but, depends of course on what you buy and how you use it of course. We have a couple bikes but for us its just like having extra vehicles. No real constant expense. Now for those who get into the off road stuff and use it a lot? It can become quite the money suck. Same with boats. Something small enough to use an outboard and trailer? No real big deal. Start getting into the stuff you have to keep at a Marina? Now the old line "A boat is a hole in the water you pour money into" comes home. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top