JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Visiting California. Any hope of stocking up on mags will have to wait. Have no use for 10 rounders.
I just went to California I didn't take my glock with me because I only have 15 and 22 round mags for it had to take the 1911 because I have 8 and 10 round mags for it lol

I was in my room tie up some fishing hooks my mom was watching the view she started screaming at me to come here lol I came running out to the front room she said listen to these stupid B!+@#$$
I think I would like your mom! I swear, if someone takes that out of context...:oops::mad::p:cool:

I can't afford to shoot that fast... so I'm not really worried. As long as I can get amo...
I'm going to be really upset if this all goes back the way it was when I came of age.
I mean, I have just about anything I'd ever want to shoot... but I like having access to newer things as well.

I have never seen the practical advantage of a slide fire either. If I had an evil black gun (which of course I don't because all I do is fart rainbows and unicorns after having lost all my weapons in that boating accident :rolleyes:), I would find that practicing without a slide fire is plenty expensive already. But then again, I have never subscribed to the "spray and pray" mentality.... No offense to anyone here, but one of the reasons I enjoy going to a private range to practice with my imaginary guns is I don't usually have a guy next to me on the bench seeing how fast he can burn a $100 bill in ammo.

Stock up while your down there.

I'd wager that the 10 rounders will be pretty pricey/out of stock...if the ban folks have there way those will be the only ones will be able to actually use at a range...

Once they ban those, optics will be next. Because they make guns more deadly. As I said in another thread, the narrative can't be a human broke and government couldn't stop it. It's almost 1984. Big Brother wants your rights but also wants you to say, thank you.

If you and anybody else don't already have all the Magazines they even remotely think they might need, well, it's what we used to refer to as a personal problem. And, I have zero sympathy.:cool::cool::cool:
Which is the worst attitude to have. Thanks for being part of the community.

You ever think about future gun owners? Or anyone but yourself?

The OP is only stating reality - if a 'future' gun owner CHOOSES to own guns with questionable futures themselves such as potential law changes and possible limitations on accessories then he/she should plan accordingly. It ain't like things are going back to the way it once was and could potentially get worse.

Take heed all the talk of "list making", as we discuss quantities of PMags, stockpiles of ammunition, etc. As far as the media is concerned, we are all wackos, and anyone who preps is paranoid schizophrenic and a danger to society.

Or they are posting them as sold out - then say 'Last shipment for a while!' (on about Friday) for 2X the price..
Watch and see what CtD does....

I have never seen the practical advantage of a slide fire either. If I had an evil black gun (which of course I don't because all I do is fart rainbows and unicorns after having lost all my weapons in that boating accident :rolleyes:), I would find that practicing without a slide fire is plenty expensive already. But then again, I have never subscribed to the "spray and pray" mentality.... No offense to anyone here, but one of the reasons I enjoy going to a private range to practice with my imaginary guns is I don't usually have a guy next to me on the bench seeing how fast he can burn a $100 bill in ammo.
Yes, I had one. When it was installed, worked on my trigger skill, which is nothing like trigger discipline on a NFA type. Took it off well over a year ago...
A patient day and four hours at the range, it's easy to burn through >$500 in ammo if you count in retail prices.

Which is the worst attitude to have. Thanks for being part of the community.

Dude, lighten up. I saw sarcasm, which is the type of humor that makes fun of a true situation. When the shortage from Sandy Hook hit way back when, I loaned out piles of 22 and 9mm so guys could continue shooting. I've never seen any of it come back.

Take heed all the talk of "list making", as we discuss quantities of PMags, stockpiles of ammunition, etc. As far as the media is concerned, we are all wackos, and anyone who preps is paranoid schizophrenic and a danger to society.

Watch and see what CtD does....

Yes, I had one. When it was installed, worked on my trigger skill, which is nothing like trigger discipline on a NFA type. Took it off well over a year ago...
A patient day and four hours at the range, it's easy to burn through >$500 in ammo if you count in retail prices.

Dude, lighten up. I saw sarcasm, which is the type of humor that makes fun of a true situation. When the shortage from Sandy Hook hit way back when, I loaned out piles of 22 and 9mm so guys could continue shooting. I've never seen any of it come back.
With all due respect, I wasn't replying to you. This is all too frequent if an attitude, "I got mine, so screw anyone else" I applaud your generosity, and I'm sure you are/were not alone.

I think that all guns have the potential to end up on a "You can't own list".
That said , some firearms due to various "reasons" are a better "target" for such list makers.
I think that it behooves those who own the guns on the "usual suspects" list of "evil" firearms to stock up on parts and accessories while you can.
Please note that I am not for the banning of any firearm , part or accessory.

In my library I have a 1969 Gun Digest in which the Colt AR15 has a suggested price of : $ 215.00
A Browning BAR is : $164.50 for a grade 1 model.
Remington model 700 is listed at $154.95 ( BDL )
A Winchester model 70 : $157.95
Remington's 742 "Woodmaster" :$159.95
I find it interesting for a couple reasons:
During the time of the VietNam war a AR15 was available and priced around the same as a other "conventional"
( for the time period ) hunting rifles. And...
That one does not see or read of many , if any AR15's being used in crimes or civil unrest ( by bad guys ) during this time period.

Just found that interesting.
Andy

Last Edited:
I think that all guns have the potential to end up on a "You can't own list".
That said , some firearms due to various "reasons" are a better "target" for such list makers.
I think that it behooves those who own the guns on the "usual suspects" list of "evil" firearms to stock up on parts and accessories while you can.
Please note that I am not for the banning of any firearm , part or accessory.

In my library I have a 1969 Gun Digest in which the Colt AR15 has a suggested price of : $ 215.00
A Browning BAR is : $164.50 for a grade 1 model.
Remington model 700 is listed at $154.95 ( BDL )
A Winchester model 70 : $157.95
Remington's 742 "Woodmaster :$ 159.95
I find it interesting for a couple reasons:
During the time of the VietNam war a AR15 was available and priced around the same as a other "conventional"
( for the time period ) hunting rifles. And...
That one does not see or read of many , if any AR15's being used in crimes or unrest ( by bad guys ) during this time period.

Just found that interesting.
Andy
Internet makes news spread fast so you hear more of it. It gives the illusion that its frequent when its not. At the same time it makes people ignore the crimes in cities like Detroit and Chicago because its common enough no one reports it (plus for the most part no one cares about black on black crime when it comes to reporting news).

Internet makes news spread fast so you hear more of it. It gives the illusion that its frequent when its not. At the same time it makes people ignore the crimes in cities like Detroit and Chicago because its common enough no one reports it (plus for the most part no one cares about black on black crime when it comes to reporting news).
I agree to a point... Yes we can view events and news faster...But that wasn't my point.

Being the history nerd that I am ...I still find it interesting that during a period of discord in America , a AR15 was available , was "inline" in price with other rifles and is difficult to find notice of being used for unlawful purposes.
Andy
Edit to add:
I guess one could say that there are more AR15's out and about now , than in 1969..but I do wonder what's changed with us as a whole , as its people who commit crimes not items.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top