JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With all due respect, I wasn't replying to you. This is all too frequent if an attitude, "I got mine, so screw anyone else" I applaud your generosity, and I'm sure you are/were not alone.
I know you weren't replying to me. It's an open forum, and I butt in. While the gun owner community may not be cohesive, especially during times of scarcity, I think you'll find that charity and sharing may be prevalent, but usually ends once you start talking about ammo, supplies, and hardware.

I agree to a point... Yes we can view events and news faster...But that wasn't my point.

Being the history nerd that I am ...I still find it interesting that during a period of discord in America , a AR15 was available , was "inline" in price with other rifles and is difficult to find notice of being used for unlawful purposes.
Andy
The only thing for sure is that if an AR-15 is used now you'll never heard the end of it. And thanks to the interwebs, people will blow the numbers out of proportion and think its something that happens a lot.

I have been looking on slide fire's website all night and the two cheaper kinds are sold out but the fancy $300 one appears to be in stock and can be added to a cart. I want one pretty bad and I have the money for it but I just can't justify spending 300 bucks on the slide fire stock. It will chew through ammo and wear my gun out faster..... but what an awesome crown control tool lol. And if it gets banned, is it illegal to own one, is it gonna be grandfathered in? I don't know.

The tactical navy seal delta force in me (lol) is telling me to just buy some pmag 40 round mags, some 30 round mags and ammo. I think that's what I'm gonna do. And of course I don't wanna be one of those people who buys stuff and tries to sell it at a higher price.... not my cup of tea. I mean I am all for making money but I don't wanna screw someone over and take advantage.... I'm not a politician, sorry couldn't help it lol.

Us gun folk are a funny lot, last week everybody in the world who wanted to bump fire stock had one, this week we sold the world wide inventory of them in 24 hours

Wait.... where's mine?.... Oh yeah.... right over there next to my football-bat :p

Sheesh..... why am I suddenly reminded of investing in the stock market? Everytime I try to buy stock there, some panic or another grips the market and drives the market away from where I thought it was going to go...I think I will happily sit on the sidelines, sip my coffee, and watch the show. Either slide stocks will be outlawed, which now you have a piece of furnature in the best case you can never get rid of, worst case you own something illegal, or they won't and after a mad rush that recreates 22 LR ammo supplies of a few years ago, they will be back in stock everywhere, there will be a glut on the market because manufacturers spun up production to meet the false demand, and the $200 slide stock that sells for $800 in the panic will now be worth $50.... I am not seeing the up side to buying one right now, even if I wanted one.... which I dont. o_O

My 2 cents worth, that during the panic I should be able to sell for $100, right?

Us gun folk are a funny lot, last week everybody in the world who wanted to bump fire stock had one, this week we sold the world wide inventory of them in 24 hours

Fits with my theory that gun folks always want what they're told they can't have. I never really had any interest in AR's, until Obama went full-tilt anti-AR after Sandy Hook. I have to thank him though as it turns out I really like them ;)

I couldn't care less about owning a slide-fire/bump-fire stock myself, no more so today than before. But I'm against banning them. And I'm not the least bit surprised they're suddenly sold out. In a few months, thanks to anti-gun politicians, there will probably be twice as many out there as there were last week.

Last Edited:
but I do wonder what's changed with us as a whole
WE didn't change but the market did. Prior to the AWB of '94 most ARs were novelties being bought by service members & vets wanting to equate their experiences with the M-16 they shot while on AD (heck I had already sold mine even BEFORE this - to a fellow service member)

Fast forward to 1994 and this was the beginning of the first 'winds of change' in that of people wanting to buy what they thought might eventually be banned. IT started off slow but little by little aftermarket Mfgs. started to make accessories for ARs - and then finally complete guns and the rest is history.

The bottom line is the AWB of 1994 was no doubt the impetus for the 'black rifle' market of today.

Either you are an evil piece of **** or you are not. I could have an ICBM in my garage ( or just a suppressor ) and it wouldn't increase my desire to hurt anyone. It's in the heart to do evil. You can't regulate it which any adult knows. Even politicians.

I went a different route... I just went with guns that have mags that are a PITA to break intentionally. I had to run over one of my mags a few times with the truck for good measure. o_O

I'm a clown and I get bored, don't judge me! :oops:

Can't you just use a rubber band or ranger band wrapped around the mag well and the trigger with the same effect? This way you still get a regular telescoping stock and don't have to spend the $100 bucks. I've thought about buying one for a while, but apparently I missed the boat....sigh, lesson learned.

Can't you just use a rubber band or ranger band wrapped around the mag well and the trigger with the same effect? This way you still get a regular telescoping stock and don't have to spend the $100 bucks. I've thought about buying one for a while, but apparently I missed the boat....sigh, lesson learned.

All you need is your finger - no belt loop, no rubber band:

All you need is your finger - no belt loop, no rubber band:

Yeah, but not exactly accurate from the hip when plinking gallon jugs. Personally, the biggest reason I never bought one is because a lot of SF (SAS, Delta, etc.) guys say that the guy with the semi auto is far more dangerous as the shots are aimed. Full auto is immensely inaccurate.

With practice full auto can be accurate ( depending on the shooter and rifle of course ).
It has it uses ... but I do agree in general controlled well aimed fire is always the best.
That said any well aimed shot from any firearm is worth noting...
Andy

With practice full auto can be accurate ( depending on the shooter and rifle of course ).
It has it uses ... but I do agree in general controlled well aimed fire is always the best.
Andy

I could see it being useful at close range with multiple attackers, but if I had to choose, I'd got with a semi auto with optic over a full auto without optics.

Yeah, but not exactly accurate from the hip when plinking gallon jugs. Personally, the biggest reason I never bought one is because a lot of SF (SAS, Delta, etc.) guys say that the guy with the semi auto is far more dangerous as the shots are aimed. Full auto is immensely inaccurate.
Full auto is more useful for suppressive fire so accuracy isn't that necessary for it. But... It would probably be still be more accurate than a slidefire stock anyways.

Andy
It can be accurate with a gun made for auto fire but the slide fire stock depends on the recoil of the gun you have to practice with it just enough push pull on the gun to get it to work right obvious he had plenty practice to get the guns running like he did SPRAY AND PRAY

I was referring to actual full auto rifles that I have fired...various M16's , M14's , AK47's , M3A1 SMG's , Yugo M49 SMG's , Browning BAR's , not to forget to mention the beloved M60 machine gun.
All of the above can be very accurate with practice.
But I do agree that full auto fire is limited in its practical uses ...

As to bump fire or slide fire stocks ... I don't think that they make 'em for muzzleloaders yet...:D
So I don't have much use for them ...but if someone else likes 'em , enjoy!
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany