JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A true "anarchist" basically doesn't care about laws, government, and the like... and believes people are at their best if allowed to live as they please, without legal system to punish, without a government to control :rolleyes: at least, that's how I viewed true anarchy...
Of course, it won't work out well because 1) theres gonna be evil people. 2) theres gotta be a way to either reward or punish people, else people would be killing people and so on without cause.
I don't think murder would be as wide spread as some would think under anarchy, but I also don't think that true anarchy would last long because humans, for the most part, are herd animals.

Last Edited:
Led Zeppelin is my favorite band of all ....
As for "not classic rock"..
My comments were meant to mean that when I first heard Pink Floyd , Led Zeppelin etc...it was just "Rock Music"...the term "Classic Rock" was not invented yet...
Andy

I bought the entire studio collection of CDs of Led Zeppelin's recordings. I really like Led Zeppelin songs and loaded them all on my phone. Pink Floyd is my second favorite group.

This is the thing.

IMO fascist or not, both left and right want to be in control, and by control I mean absolute control. I am not talking about the "man on the street" - I am talking about those "leaders" who wind up in power.

So the question is academic.

Antifa, by their actions, proves that they want power and control too - by violently attacking those they disagree with. They may think that their violence is justified, but they are just a faction of the left that cannot bring about what they say they want.

I have often seen people here imply they want a 'revolution' - and sometimes a violent one - or saying they are ready for one.

This country is so fractionalized that I really doubt that any faction would win, and it would just be another excuse for the powers that be to grab more power and crack down on the people - especially with regards to firearms.

This is true in my opinion!

Thank you.

Cate

I agree; an actual shooting revolution would be a horrible, complete, catastrophic disaster, in my opinion. We need a revolution of the mind, influence the culture. Is that still possible? I don't know, but the alternatives are pretty terrible.

Depends on who you're talking to. Some folks get really worked up over the labels. I have no problem using left and right. Where it really gets to be a problem is when "liberal" turns into "libtards" and conservatives become "nazi's" People can't seem to separate their hatred for one view and their desire to insult them ever chance they get - again, that's not discussion, it's the low road and accomplishes nothing.

Policies can be liberal or conservative, left or right. But a lot of folks aren't talking about policies, they're attacking individuals and groups with insults - that accomplishes exactly nothing. We can talk about why certain policies on the left are harmful to gun rights without insults. That type of discussion can be really valuable as we try to protect our rights. The minute insults creep in, both sides stop listening, and any hope of trying to find solutions to our issues, are gone.

I don't know that I get worked up, but it seems to me that left and right don't really work. What do you call a person who is pro-gun, pro-gay marriage, pro-low taxes, thinks we imprison way too many non-violent offenders at great expense, is an economic nationalist (against open borders), would like to see greater investment in green energies (not least because it will be an enormous manufacturing market in the future), thinks that small business is basically squeezed by every entity out there, pro-nonprofit single payer HC because what we have now is actually public funded HC of the most retarded kind (it basically relies on business paying for coverage in exchange for tax benefits where the insurance providers those businesses contract with are nigh on predatory -- so many bubbleguming middlemen), avidly pro-free speech for everyone (even those who are vile loathsome cretins).

Such a person can't be hammered into left, right, democrat, republican, or libertarian peg holes, and I think there are more of these types out there than is generally believed.

I don't know that I get worked up, but it seems to me that left and right don't really work. What do you call a person who is pro-gun, pro-gay marriage, pro-low taxes, thinks we imprison way too many non-violent offenders at great expense, is an economic nationalist (against open borders), would like to see greater investment in green energies (not least because it will be an enormous manufacturing market in the future), thinks that small business is basically squeezed by every entity out there, pro-nonprofit single payer HC because what we have now is actually public funded HC of the most retarded kind (it basically relies on business paying for coverage in exchange for tax benefits where the insurance providers those businesses contract with are nigh on predatory -- so many bubbleguming middlemen), avidly pro-free speech for everyone (even those who are vile loathsome cretins).

Such a person can't be hammered into left, right, democrat, republican, or libertarian peg holes, and I think there are more of these types out there than is generally believed.

That's where I am. I no longer belong to any party. Generally speaking, I'm conservative, but no party represents a broad range of my views. Dems don't represent me. And Republicans have done nothing but turn their backs on true conservatism. In fact, many are so wishy-washy on gun rights, I hardly consider them pro-2A, which is really disappointing considering how much our rights are under attack.

So I have no label, save for conservative. That leaves me in a place where I'll make my own decisions, regardless of what any one party does or says.

Thanks for putting this up.

I turned on my computer for some news after watching some John Wayne movies and saw this online in several places and here.

I think that the man wanted a 'suicide by cop' deal. He was involved with going after a law man in the past too. His criminal and violent actions got him his death wish.

Cate

He was more than suicidal...

This guy was a long time antifa/anarchist type. A member of the left wing paramilitary John Brown Gun Club too.

Not some random nutcase. This was a premeditated, politically motivated attack on a federal facility... Uh... Terrorism, in other words.

He wont be the last either

giphy.gif

I would call them "conflicted". :p;)

He was more than suicidal...

This guy was a long time antifa/anarchist type. A member of the left wing paramilitary John Brown Gun Club too.

Not some random nutcase. This was a premeditated, politically motivated attack on a federal facility... Uh... Terrorism, in other words.

He wont be the last either

Yes, I DO realize that he was a Antifa/Anarchist type too. Probably 'tons more' than what they say he was in all of the articles that I have read online. Plus the news on the 'boob tube and radio'.

I totally agree that he was a Terrorist too. There will be more of them, they are OUT THERE NOW, and if they keep doing the crapola that they choose to do with violence in ALL kinds of criminal activity - they will get their wish.

Suicide by Cop, any other shooting by peace officers in their line of duty, shooting by the military, and/or they will meet another person, an ordinary citizen, who will CHOOSE to defend their life, loved ones, a stranger, their business or their HOME in a honest - self defense manner.

They are out there and they CHOOSE TO DO THEIR DIRTY DEEDS.

Side note:

From what I read about some other 'people' aka life long old or younger free loaders (LIFE LONG leeches at any age!) who right now are Not Known as domestic terrorists but demand x, y and z from ORDINARY TAXPAYERS and from various government sources... THEY will line up with some of these types of people above in the original news story.

I DO believe that this will happen and it is happening now in some places - they are indoctrinated by all kinds of people including some religious groups. Uh huh and I am talking about FORMER US of A main stream groups. They are in my state, your NW states and all across this country. That may sound Rough to some people but the same types of people want to be on 'free s army advisory boards' including food banks while they do NOT work, they have no Husband/Father in the picture, they have one or MORE children now and one ON THE WAY. So they figure out how to WORK THE SYSTEM just as much as the people who cross illegally and who may or may NOT end up in in a center. Yes, some of these so called 'needy people' know EXACTLY what they are doing and they ARE a Terrorist in their own way NOW (My opinion.) with their hands out for more and more FREE STUFF while the taxpayer and other . gov and non .gov services are being BLED DRY. They may not be charging centers and jails at this point of time with 'arms of any type' but they are bleeding the honest hard worker and honest retired person to death in their OWN WAY! By propagating and working the system while they exercise NO personal responsibility for their life or their herd of children with NO bread winner in their 'family'.

Cate

If you don't label yourself, you are left open for others to label and define you. There lays the problem because if you are not interested in the label game and the next thing you know you may end up trying to defend the fact, you are not actually a black Nazi. I know. Sounds crazy.

The history you have with people, maybe for decades, has been erased by social media. If you haven't jumped on board with the latest craze of social justice, one could argue the only alternative is for you to be labeled a knuckle dragging Trump supporting racist, regardless of your background. As crazy as it sounds look at groups of people esthetically the same but at polar opposite ends. Whether it's Bloods & Crips, Sunni & Shia or Antifa & people with jobs. In one sense they are the exact same people but they have found a way to violently separate from the other.

In my opinion, violence only ends with more violence or the threat of greater violence. Now that the violence has ratcheted up, where will it stop? There is a list from Trump's election to the DC baseball field shooting to now fire bombing an ICE facility. It's pretty unbalanced to one side. I had to search for this latest story because it did not pop up on my regular news feeds.

How's this for a label: Liberal Constitutionalist. I think that describes a LOT of us... Libertarian on most social issues, often due to (at least in my case) apathy. Gay marriage? Don't care. LGBTQ rights? Handle it, I'm not taking up that charge. In fact, on almost ALL social issues the Constitutionalist portion of the label takes precedence. Art 1 Sec 8 outlines exactly what the federal government is allowed to do. The 10A reiterates that issues not covered in 1/8 be referred to the states OR the people.
The current top-down power structure is the envy of dictators and totalitarians around the world. All you need to rule 350,000,000 souls is to get around that pesky Constitution... and 100M or so armed citizens. That's a juicy piece of fruit dangling there, just out of reach...

Like everyone, I have my own eclectic mix of views and beliefs, but I learned a long time ago that it's silly to lay them out and try to show everyone how great I am. Who cares? Some people will agree and some won't.

An acquaintance and I were talking about politics a few years ago. At one point he tells me, "Everyone thinks they're right, but I'm pretty sure that I really am!"
I chuckled, and asked him how that made him any different than anyone else?
It made him mad, but it really made me think. We all have different views, and we're all arrogantly certain that our own views are the right ones. Why do we believe what we believe? Do you hold your beliefs because you're so much more intelligent? More educated? More enlightened?

No matter who you are or what your beliefs, I guarantee there's always someone out there with the opposite views who is more intelligent, educated, or enlightened. This is true whether you're conservative, progressive, Anarchist, Communist, Libertarian, or any other ideology, religion or supposed lack thereof.

That's not to say we're all wrong, just that I think we choose what we want to believe, and who we trust for information and ideology. How much of the time do we expound our views to someone, and are really just parroting something we heard? I'd say probably most of the time. It's a bit humbling to realize it, and makes a person examine what they really think.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews