JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The band is just fantastic , that is really what I think... Oh by the way , which one's Pink...? :D
Andy
Have a cigar for that one wink.gif

The band is just fantastic , that is really what I think... Oh by the way , which one's Pink...? :D
Andy

I wore out two albums of, "The Wall"...Should have made a recording of that album set. I bought an audio cassette for my third copy of, "The Wall". Also saw the movie.

I have an excessively vivid memory of listening to The Wall (actual album) through some quality, audiophile-type headphones. No chemicals, just a little weed... the kind you could get as teenagers in 1980s Missouri, not even today-grade skunk... it blew my mind.

Ironically enough with all my quoting of Pink Floyd ...and for all the replies to it...
I never really got into Pink Floyd..just a "classic rock" fan...:eek::D
'Course the first time I heard "classic rock" ...it was just rock music...:D
Andy

Ironically enough with all my quoting of Pink Floyd ...and for all the replies to it...
I never really got into Pink Floyd..just a "classic rock" fan...:eek::D
'Course the first time I heard "classic rock" ...it was just rock music...:D
Andy

Huh???????? Pink Floyd is not Classic Rock? How bout Led?

Led Zeppelin is my favorite band of all ....
As for "not classic rock"..
My comments were meant to mean that when I first heard Pink Floyd , Led Zeppelin etc...it was just "Rock Music"...the term "Classic Rock" was not invented yet...
Andy

Classic Music was for old folks. Rockin to the Oldies was Bennie Goodman. And Opera was for Eyetale-ians and New Yorkers.

But admit it... now that we are classics, all rock before 2000 is Classic Rock!!! ;)

Classic Music was for old folks. Rockin to the Oldies was Bennie Goodman. And Opera was for Eyetale-ians and New Yorkers.

But admit it... now that we are classics, all rock before 2000 is Classic Rock!!! ;)

Was any rock music actually produced since 2000?????

Seems like pop/top40 is being rammed down the world's throat.

Even my son & friends who are in to rock./metal... Are playing stuff I listened to when I was his age...

Even my son & friends who are in to rock./metal... Are playing stuff I listened to when I was his age...
There's quite a bunch of actual rock artists out there, but they're rarely on radio unless you've a SiriusXM or similar:rolleyes:

On the other hand, rockabilly music as heard at hot rod shows (specifically the "Rat Rod" subculture) and the like... may fall into "country" genre depending on the artist :rolleyes:

Man, i remember when KGON played the days latest Rock and Classic was reserved for anything pre Zepplin!
Back when THE band to chill out to was Blue Oyster Cult, and Van Halen was still figuring out how to plug in the amps! ;)
Floyd was guaranteed to get ya laid, puff puff pass, and if you didnt dig "The Wall" you were a nerd and got swirlied semi weekly!

There's these following genres of "rock music" that may still have artists producing...

Grunge (Nirvana as a famous example)
Subgenre of grunge I think, "indie rock"; often considered hipster/kiddie rock lol

Alternate rock (not sure who?)

Metal (and a whole list of subgenres within Metal :eek:)

Punk; despite what radio and pop culture says, is still not dead :p; and has indeed sprouted off quite a bunch of subgenres that blend within Metal, rock, hip hop and so on

Ska-not very many bands, but interesting :rolleyes:

Rockabilly, and its offspring of pyschobilly (Hank Williams III and Rob Zombie as examples, anything from Hellcat records, which may also be considered "acoustic punk":rolleyes: )

Goth (really, can be a whole bunch of sounds, from whiney navel gazing stuff to gravel voiced "satanic music" stuff :rolleyes:)

Other music genres thats STILL around...

Jazz
Blues
Swing
Funk
R&B
Rap
Hip hop
Techno/dance

I still wanna do a sort of acoustic punk outfit called "The Black Shirt Conspiracy" because what color are band merchandise t shirts always offered in, across the entire spectrum of music genres?

I dabble with drums...

What's going on here? I thought we were trying to get this thread killed for inappropriate comments and such.
Focus people focus!
Oh yeah! and Death to the anarchists!!!

Anarchists are stupid.

They can't stand conformity and authority...

Yet they now demand that you conform to their non-conformity which is actually the social view that is being pushed by the mainstream and big business.

Must be a confusing time for them, no wonder they're so angry.

Conservatism is the new counter-culture!
Piss off your parents by NOT dying your hair or piercing your lip!
Shock your friends by voting Republican!!!

I tuned out for most of The Voice this year.... just can't handle modern popular music. I'm chuckling because I can still remember my dad calling rock music "screeching"... oh boy! And the people in my generation all agree that all the vocal gymnastics has ruined any semblance of melody in most of today's pop.

Don't even get me started on what passes for "country" anymore

I cringe every time some industry Yaywhooo proclaims "That's what we need in Country Music!" Yeah, not. White girl singing country/rap... Darius Rucker singing nice tunes. Juxtaposition.

What's going on here? I thought we were trying to get this thread killed for inappropriate comments and such.
Focus people focus!
Oh yeah! and Death to the anarchists!!!

Careful now, the forum has at least one member of the "A" persuasion.

I'm still trying to get this thread killed!!!

Queue Paul Butterfield Blues Band: "I been Driftin and Driftin... Like a ship out on the sea" :D

A true "anarchist" basically doesn't care about laws, government, and the like... and believes people are at their best if allowed to live as they please, without legal system to punish, without a government to control :rolleyes: at least, that's how I viewed true anarchy...
Of course, it won't work out well because 1) theres gonna be evil people. 2) theres gotta be a way to either reward or punish people, else people would be killing people and so on without cause.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews