Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Ammo shortage ?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by deadeye, Aug 9, 2011.

1. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

And here we go, recieved email from Lucky gunner already.

From Lucky Gunner:
    With the DOW Jones plummeting over 13% since July 22nd and the recent downgrade in our credit rating from the top-level ranking of AAA to AA+, many investors are looking to diversify their portfolios in order to minimize their risk of loss. The Dow closed down more than 630 points yesterday 8/8/11, making it the sixth worst total point drop ever in the history of Dow Jones. Savvy investors are turning to the few “safe havens” left to them and placing their trust in more tangible investments such as precious metals like gold and silver. Here at Lucky Gunner, we recommend you consider America’s favorite “precious” metal: lead (surprise, surprise)!

The recent mayhem in the stock market has caused the prices for these precious tangible assets, namely gold, to surge. While we cannot predict what will happen with ammunition prices, we can only accept that there is a potential risk that the downward pressures on the value of the US dollar could cause the price of ammunition to go up. Our team is taking steps now to line up bulk buys on ammunition while the pricing is still stable. Our purchasing team is working long hours securing as many deals as possible and cautiously watching for market clues.

So get it while you can! Best case scenario: you overreacted and have a lot of extra ammo to shoot with your buddies. Worst-case scenario: you are using your 22 LR rounds to barter for food and shelter! Either way, please take a moment to check out all of the weekly deals and specials we have below at LuckyGunner.com. Make sure to Arm Up on your favorite calibers (you can never have too much ammo!) while the price is right! Best ~ Heidi

2. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

SO Really Your going to try to start this up again. THANKS A LOT

3. sadiesassy

sadiesassy Prescott Active Member

Wow You are expensive compared to local cost

4. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

This was an email I recieved from Lucky gunner today. Just waiting for others to start the scare again.

5. jdub75

jdub75 PNW Well-Known Member

Lucky Gunner is the ONLY place I get these emails from...they sent one out a few months back when the weather was bad or something, predicting an ammo shortage. I call Shenanegans.

6. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

OK so I read to fast..

7. Russianfist

Russianfist Sweet home, Oregon Active Member

This kinda stuff just aggrivates me. Fear mongering for a buck is the lowest of sales pitchs. Remember the Saiga 12 Ga. Price spike just a few months ago? When are sellers ever gonna learn? Better yet when will idiots stop buying this stuff at over inflated prices? UGH!

8. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

I was considering placing an order with Lucky Gunner too. Now I think I will shop elsewhere.:noway:

9. buffalo

buffalo Soon to be Port Angeles/Sequim New Member

This happens everytime anything gloomy happens,i remember a few years back when i had to wait 4 months just to get a few thousand primers cause everyone was going nuts.

10. nwo

nwo Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Rediculous. Just a ploy to get people to panic and spend their money. I'm not buying it THIS time!

11. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Me too. Plenty of other, less "sensational" vendors.

12. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I won't shop with them now either. I understand they're trying to sell stuff but I view fearmongering as an unacceptable marketing practice.

13. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

They do it because it works. That's how at least half our congresscritters get themselves elected.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  14. BillyDa59

BillyDa59 King County, WA Member

Whatever witch doctor they use to predict the market might want to re-calibrate his chicken bones and tune his dream catcher. The market is doing fine and it probably will be for awhile. Also, who ever runs LG's marketing seems to be a real sleazeball... not that I needed to point that out...

15. HappyRoman

HappyRoman Sherwood Forest Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

WOW....names Remember, no knows who was the 2nd or 3rd largest seller of ???
    The point is, that marketing is just that.. marketing.. You were sharp enough to see thru the haze and go forward, young shooter.
    There will always be up and down ticks in all parts of any free market system driven by those who might spark a cycle with the intentions of capitalization on the weak or ill-informed..
    Buyer beware still must exist and informing on a player who tries such tactics is great to us who understand.. Please help your friends understand too. sr

16. Skang

Skang WA Well-Known Member

It's all business tactic.

17. Pandaz3

Pandaz3 Cornelius, Oregon NRA Lifetime Member Platinum Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

I just went to the Bi-Mart in Tigard while the Warden was next door. They had several 500 round choices for .22 LR all for $17.90 and I bought some Remington Cyclones HP for that, and I bought a 100 Round box of CCI Mini-Mag .22 LR HP for $6.90. Pricier, but I wanted a good alternative. They had a lot of Federal too, but still I felt as if their selections had been diminished and picked over. Probably just my imagination being overactive again.

18. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

My reloading shelves can hold no more.

19. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

I will keep this short and sweet. I am invested in Silver (poor man's gold lol) copper, lead, and steel. Oh also polymer aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha.