JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been travelling in Eastern and Central Oregon the last week. I have easily purchased more ammo and hard to find items, at reasonable prices, than I have been able to in Western Oregon in the last 9 months.

Met some great people, and a couple of docks too. A lot of this was purchased at Bi Marts. I have seen more ammo on one of these Bi Mart shelves, than I have on any Westside store. Weird. Same distribution system.

Very strange as my local Bi-Mart shelves are nearly empty... Unless you want 22 WRF or 12 gauge upland bird or target loads. No powder for reloading, few primers. guess it is time for a road trip!

Whats weird about people on the east side not being as panic driven as people on the west side? All the ammo shortage is demand driven if the people on the east side of the state aren't waiting for the truck to arrive at BiMart each week so they can buy everything that gets set on the shelf theres bound to be more ammo on the shelf.

I saw cases and rows of powder at Bi Mart, and the local gun shops. Some store called R had tons, but there ignorant employees made that experience a pain. I hit the Bi Marts in Redmond, Bend, Prinnville, and some small gun stores, a great prepper store in Prineville and saw tons of powder.

Pretty well stocked shelves this morning at the Bi-Mart near the main postoffice in Vancouver today. Sportsmans Wearhouse in Vancouver had quite a bit and even 1000 rd boxes of 5.56 an several hundred $ less than Bi-Mart. Bi-Mart wanted 899 per 1000 and Sportsmans wanted 599 per 1000 as I remember. Wasn't really looking that close at the 5.56 prices as I have enough. I did buy a box of 12GA Critical Defense 00 Buck for 12.97 / 10
Earlier in the week I found boxes of Tula Brass Max at Wal*Mart for 19.97 / 50 230 GR FMJ
Bi-Mart had quite a bit of 22 LR but only in 50 rd boxes, no bricks. 45 ball was high priced though at 44.95 / 100. Had a box in my hand then realized the shelf tag (33.95) was wrong, so I had them put it back.

Pretty well stocked shelves this morning at the Bi-Mart near the main postoffice in Vancouver today. Sportsmans Wearhouse in Vancouver had quite a bit and even 1000 rd boxes of 5.56 an several hundred $ less than Bi-Mart. Bi-Mart wanted 899 per 1000 and Sportsmans wanted 599 per 1000 as I remember. Wasn't really looking that close at the 5.56 prices as I have enough. I did buy a box of 12GA Critical Defense 00 Buck for 12.97 / 10
Earlier in the week I found boxes of Tula Brass Max at Wal*Mart for 19.97 / 50 230 GR FMJ
Bi-Mart had quite a bit of 22 LR but only in 50 rd boxes, no bricks. 45 ball was high priced though at 44.95 / 100. Had a box in my hand then realized the shelf tag (33.95) was wrong, so I had them put it back.
My local bi mart's want 899.00 per 2,000 rounds

Every time I've hit a Bi-Mart (West Portland Burbs) in the last two weeks I have found .22lr on the shelf... and I'm not waiting for the doors to open either - been getting there mid afternoon. Think the .22 shortage is pretty much over.

I saw cases and rows of powder at Bi Mart, and the local gun shops. Some store called R had tons, but there ignorant employees made that experience a pain. I hit the Bi Marts in Redmond, Bend, Prinnville, and some small gun stores, a great prepper store in Prineville and saw tons of powder.

Would that be Big R by chance?

Keith

Whats weird about people on the east side not being as panic driven as people on the west side?
Could but over here the time of the year and weather changes our sense of values. Preparation for the opening of deer season, fall and the cooler weather makes people start thinking about other priorities. There was no doubt a little 'concern' earlier in the summer but recently that has really slowed down. No more lines at the Sportsman's Warehouse on Thursdays when they stock the new deliveries.

I try to check the Beaverton, Aloha, and Tigard Bimarts about once per week, and everytime, I've found at least something of use: Last week it was .22 LR, .223, and 12, 20, and 16 gauge. The week before, it was 9mm. I may not get everything I'm looking for, but chances are, it will eventually show up on their shelves.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top