JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In the big scheme of things 'scalper' sales were few and far between. Most likely more advertised than sold. For the most part it is over now and we are able to find what we need by being a little more watchful of the stores' stocking days etc. Therefore there is no objective logic to your idea of selling 'extra' ammo at cost to stop scalpers. Also few are going to drive more than a couple miles to buy ammo from a private seller when it can be possibly found at a local store. And why did you buy ammo if you are now just selling it at essentially your cost?

:huh::huh::huh:

What is "Excess Ammo"?

well, in that sense there's never enough ammo, money etc but i reached a point where i can reload as much 9mm as i can shoot for quite a ways out into the future and am willing to exchange some basic factory ammo at reasonable prices for currency to obtain higher priority items.

In the big scheme of things 'scalper' sales were few and far between. Most likely more advertised than sold. For the most part it is over now and we are able to find what we need by being a little more watchful of the stores' stocking days etc. Therefore there is no objective logic to your idea of selling 'extra' ammo at cost to stop scalpers. Also few are going to drive more than a couple miles to buy ammo from a private seller when it can be possibly found at a local store. And why did you buy ammo if you are now just selling it at essentially your cost?

mainly i bought what i could when i could because i couldn't reliably get anything.... so if it was ammo, powder, primers etc i just got it. and yes, some of the ammo i did pay $15-16~ for 50 rnd boxes which is more than i was used to paying.

*IMO the scalpers were pervasive and seemed to be lined up at the stores before they opened.

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. Your prices aren't good anyway, if that's what you paid, you paid too much.
it isn't about patting myself on the back... it's about a reality check for those with pipe-dreams of getting $100 for a 250 rnd pack of 9mm UMC....

like these clowns: <broken link removed>

Y'all done bashing each other?
OK
A guy comes in the store tuesday and starts talking about spending $45 a brick for 22.
I say that's my fear is people getting impatient and just paying the price,it will run up all the prices.
He just kinda shrugs his shoulders like well i need the ammo.
Enough of these folks around and prices will go way up

Really who "NEEDS" .22 ammo? No one needs it they just want it, I do understand there is a couple guys here who teach firearms classes that would need it but the average Joe shooter does not. I know we love shooting but dang take a few months off go fishing or something. Let the crazy die for a bit. I love shooting as much as the next guy and would love to get out every weekend but thats not gonna happen why? Cause ammo is expensive even at regular prices.

I still have bricks of .22 that I paid $7and some change for in the early 70's. And no I am not selling any. Never sold any ammo in my life, I just buy, stock and shoot it.

I traded a friend a bunch of 9mm for a gun,but I don't have any 9mm guns.
I went to a local gun show right after Sandy Hook and took a 10/22 with a 25 rnd ruger mag,a 10 round mag and a brick of blazer.
I said $400,a friend said $600 easily
I paid $100 for the gun and $15 for the brick of ammo,and $25? for the ruger 25 rnd mag.
Couldn't take it out of the truck. I'd never get the same package for what I was into this one.Tried Sunday and still couldn't do it
Oh the gun is a USED 10/22,shoots very well and the trigger is worn smooth.

Some guns just ain't worth the profit you'll make.I think getting rid of the ammo was the clincher though

so, yesterday i posted ammo for sale at reasonable prices. it appears this may be a trend because eventually all price bubbles pop whether it's america's housing crash, the dot com crash or even tulips in holland hundreds of years ago.

250 rnds 9mm lowered to $60.00

other ad

anyway, this post is to encourage other members to sell at cost in an effort to gouge the gougers. don't think it will work? it's already starting to work; bimart now gets bulk 9mm and 22lr in every week and if we all just sell off a box or two we can saturate the market, drive out the trolls and go back to being able to buy plenty of cheap ammo online and/or at bimart or wherever.

that is all.

YOU SIR are HIRED!

Keep in mind that inflation kicks in as well. $7 in 1979 would be $22.55 now, according to this inflation calculator: Inflation Calculator | Find US Dollar's Value from 1913-2013

Like my friend the green grocer used to say to folks who complained about his prices and then said that his competitors did not carry the Veg he carried,
"When I am out of (x veg) I sell them for even less than my competition, who does not stock them"

I'm glad people are finally catching on to this, I've been talking about it in the reloading and ammo forum for at least a few months.

There are a bunch of ideas being thrown around here, and not all of them make sense, but let me see if I can add my .02:

Scalper, someone who has no normal role in the sales process (not a manufacturer, not a wholesaler or retailer), who buys up all the stock, and once available stock is bought, resells it at a higher price.

I did increase my prices (which are also about to fall, once I get back-orders taken care of) as all that extra $ went into production upgrades, raw materials in the hope that I could start driving the price down sooner. On the up-side, this probably won't happen next time, as I now have nearly 3x the capacity I did earlier.

Like my friend the green grocer used to say to folks who complained about his prices and then said that his competitors did not carry the Veg he carried,
"When I am out of (x veg) I sell them for even less than my competition, who does not stock them"

People want Mac quality, Amazon choice, Nordstrom service at a discounted black Friday Harbor Freight price. It just doesn't work like that.

People want Mac quality, Amazon choice, Nordstrom service at a discounted black Friday Harbor Freight price. It just doesn't work like that.

What.. wants? Of course it happens just like that. People want.. true.
We all have unlimited desires and wants with limited resources and try to maximize our resources. It's what makes the world go 'round in a capitalistic economy/society. It works like that.

Did you used to work for friendly Chevrolet ?
:D

(never mind, you have to be old enough to understand)

I did. And I am.

In the early 70's, 3-4 of us washed new and used cars at Friendly Chevrolet in Lake Oswego We also shuttled them to Channel 12 downtown where Friendly Joe Cahan taped ads to air on Portland Wrestling. There were some epic races up and down Macadam and we should have been jailed. Luckily, no harm came of it and I'd like to think the other players are similarly sane drivers now, 4 decades hence.

I've been sad to watch a present day co-worker buy and hoard .22 ammo for $40+ per brick throughout this ridiculous panic-driven scarcity (Remington, Peters, Federal - common HV fare). His source? "Guys on NFWA." Luckily, a couple partial bricks I had when this started are not completely gone yet. I slowed my target shooting way down, and the "reward" now is finding new ammo in stores here and there without resorting to feeding a cannibalistic gray market.

I'm just hoping you mean "Mac" as in Mac Tools rather than "apple macintosh".

I had an experience like this once, I blew out a whole bunch of factory seconds (they were factory seconds because they shot about 10MOA), I told people why they were seconds, and then people came back and complained they were "inaccurate". I don't know if they were expecting a discount on the next batch, or what they deal was, but everyone bought more. Kinda reminds me of people going up to the drug dealer, and you can tell they're tripping balls wanting a refund.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top