JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People want Mac quality, Amazon choice, Nordstrom service at a discounted black Friday Harbor Freight price. It just doesn't work like that.
You can tell some people they're getting reasonably priced hamburger but they still think they are getting filet mignon at a severe discount. They will always be dissapointed in the product.

I did. And I am.

In the early 70's, 3-4 of us washed new and used cars at Friendly Chevrolet in Lake Oswego We also shuttled them to Channel 12 downtown where Friendly Joe Cahan taped ads to air on Portland Wrestling. There were some epic races up and down Macadam and we should have been jailed. Luckily, no harm came of it and I'd like to think the other players are similarly sane drivers now, 4 decades hence.

Wow you are old :s0114:
Most people today look with this puzzled expression when you Mention Joe or Tom Peterson.
I can still hear that damn knocking on the TV screen.
Like fingernails on a chalkboard, but he sure got his name out there.
Joe got nailed for doing the NSA thing with his speakers in the closing rooms.
He was ahead of his time................. :s0112:
Ok lets see how old you really are.
Do you remember Mr. Moon and the quote " That ought to appease the little b.a.s_a.r.d.s"?
He was never heard from again

I remember when Ron Tonkin was "out Barbur way" and Tom Peterson yelling "wake up" at a time in the early morning when most people are asleep or at least in bed. How about Rusty Nails, Heck Harper, Mr. Duffy and Dr. Zoom. When we first got our tv set I would come home from school and watch the test pattern until 4:00 PM because the days programming didn't start until then. That's how old I am.

Really who "NEEDS" .22 ammo? No one needs it they just want it, I do understand there is a couple guys here who teach firearms classes that would need it but the average Joe shooter does not. I know we love shooting but dang take a few months off go fishing or something. Let the crazy die for a bit. I love shooting as much as the next guy and would love to get out every weekend but thats not gonna happen why? Cause ammo is expensive even at regular prices.

Everyone who has a child or grandchild comming of shooting age needs .22's. I just bought a brick for what I consider to be too much money (though, I get that at this moment in time it's not so bad) and I would have passed on it except for grandson training. That's a lot of folks.

I remember when Ron Tonkin was "out Barbur way" and Tom Peterson yelling "wake up" at a time in the early morning when most people are asleep or at least in bed. How about Rusty Nails, Heck Harper, Mr. Duffy and Dr. Zoom. When we first got our tv set I would come home from school and watch the test pattern until 4:00 PM because the days programming didn't start until then. That's how old I am.

The old almost round or oval screens. Ya had to thump the tv every so often to get the picture to straighten out :)

Everyone who has a child or grandchild comming of shooting age needs .22's. I just bought a brick for what I consider to be too much money (though, I get that at this moment in time it's not so bad) and I would have passed on it except for grandson training. That's a lot of folks.

:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:
Best reason there is. :)

Nope its still a want not a need. Unless you hunt to eat. You need food and water you dont just want it.Trust me your grand kids will be able to live a few months without shooting some .22s.

Nope its still a want not a need. Unless you hunt to eat. You need food and water you dont just want it.Trust me your grand kids will be able to live a few months without shooting some .22s.

the need/want distinction is a little gray. gun ownership is the last defense against tyranny... and a gun that you don't maintain a consistent level of practice with is a false comfort.

joe biden may say you can cycle a pump shotgun and make bad guys go away; and this may work on disorganized rabble and cowardly thieves. however, should one intent on harm call the bluff there can be no substitute to hours and hours of dedicated practice.

that being said, running from fear of govt oppression into the eager arms of those who would take advantage of public fears on ammo also puts one into the oppressed category.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top