JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
so, yesterday i posted ammo for sale at reasonable prices. it appears this may be a trend because eventually all price bubbles pop whether it's america's housing crash, the dot com crash or even tulips in holland hundreds of years ago.

250 rnds 9mm lowered to $60.00

other ad

anyway, this post is to encourage other members to sell at cost in an effort to gouge the gougers. don't think it will work? it's already starting to work; bimart now gets bulk 9mm and 22lr in every week and if we all just sell off a box or two we can saturate the market, drive out the trolls and go back to being able to buy plenty of cheap ammo online and/or at bimart or wherever.

that is all.

Yup I saw 9mm federal 1000 bulk at bimart for 240 bucks just the other day. I still cant seem to find 22 bricks but im sure its just around the corner.
NICE! i have a brick of 22lr remington golden bullet brass plated hollow point (525 rnds) that i will sell.... i think i paid around $25- so that's my price... pm me to for details.

If you have even a box or two of spare ammo to sell. put them up at cost and we can end this sooner rather than later.

NICE! i have a brick of 22lr remington golden bullet brass plated hollow point (525 rnds) that i will sell.... i think i paid around $25- so that's my price... pm me to for details.

If you have even a box or two of spare ammo to sell. put them up at cost and we can end this sooner rather than later.
Thanks man but for now im good I have 3k or so .22s I just look every once in awhile just for stock up purposes. I applaud you for this though I cant wait for prices to drop to normal and no more round or box limits at stores and to be able to just go into Bimart and buy what you want and as much as you want for a decent price. I was able to get enough ammo saved up i didnt have to buy any this summer but supplies are getting thin in some rounds I use I would get ur 9mm today if i had the cash at ur price it will go fast. Hopefully not to some guy who just wants to resell for a profit but someone who actually is gonna go enjoy it.

Thanks man but for now im good I have 3k or so .22s I just look every once in awhile just for stock up purposes. I applaud you for this though I cant wait for prices to drop to normal and no more round or box limits at stores and to be able to just go into Bimart and buy what you want and as much as you want for a decent price. I was able to get enough ammo saved up i didnt have to buy any this summer but supplies are getting thin in some rounds I use I would get ur 9mm today if i had the cash at ur price it will go fast. Hopefully not to some guy who just wants to resell for a profit but someone who actually is gonna go enjoy it.

i see ammo regularly and i have half a mind to just buy it and resell it at cost just to hurt scalpers.... when hunting season wraps up ammo will be even easier to get :D

also, if someone does buy from me and resells it their profits will be short-lived... and, if they don't get out of the market in time they'll just end up with a bunch of ammo they can't sell, bills they can't pay and they'll have to sell it off cheap anyway.

So you say sell at cost. What cost do I sell at? Do I sell at original cost? Original cost + inflation? Cost the last time I checked online?

That is not what cause it to change. One reason change comes when there are less buyers price generally drops. You have to keep in mind that many of the price we set by the buyers in auctions. That is what people CHOOSE to pay for it. I know there were tons of threads on this but NO ONE got "gouged", they WILLING chose to pay. No one made them pay it, I know I did not. Right now I am trying to make a deal on some camera gear. The seller is asking a price for it, that I am NOT willing to pay for it. It may be worth it to him, or someone else, but not to me. Same is true for the craziness that happened/is happening. If less people were WILLING to pay those prices it would not have happened. Yes there would have been a shortage, yes the prices probably would have been up, but it would be nothing like we saw.

So you say sell at cost. What cost do I sell at? Do I sell at original cost? Original cost + inflation? Cost the last time I checked online?

That is not what cause it to change. One reason change comes when there are less buyers price generally drops. You have to keep in mind that many of the price we set by the buyers in auctions. That is what people CHOOSE to pay for it. I know there were tons of threads on this but NO ONE got "gouged", they WILLING chose to pay. No one made them pay it, I know I did not. Right now I am trying to make a deal on some camera gear. The seller is asking a price for it, that I am NOT willing to pay for it. It may be worth it to him, or someone else, but not to me. Same is true for the craziness that happened/is happening. If less people were WILLING to pay those prices it would not have happened. Yes there would have been a shortage, yes the prices probably would have been up, but it would be nothing like we saw.

Racketeering is a crime. it's a classic mafia/organized-crime tactic. price gougers are creating (or worsening) the consumer ammo shortage problem they are offering to solve (by selling to consumers at inflated prices). creating a problem that you charge money to alleviate is a hallmark of organized crime. as such, this behavior should not be tolerated in a community supposedly built on expressing and defending our constitutional rights.

prices are artificially high because of people intentionally buying out retail supplies to create monopolies to make exorbitant profits selling people the ammo that they would have otherwise been able to purchase normally.

Last Edited:
I agree that it sucks, but your statements do not add up.

What happened is NOT racketeering based on the link you posted. There was no "false" shortage, and it was not a intentional one either. What happened were LOTS of individuals started buying ammo like crazy, which lead to shortages. Then ammo makers put on extra shifts but it was still not enough to quickly fill the orders. Other individuals saw a place to make money (in a crappy way, but they were right that they could) and bought more. The ONLY reason this worked is because people WILLING bought at those prices. If they had not it would have ended right there. But since people were willing to pay, it continued. Back to racketeering, there has to be an organized effort to create a problem then sell a way to fix it. That has NOT happened here.

On that part. If a guy starts an auction for $1 on a box of ammo. Then several people bid on it and the price gets to $100 and the auction ends. Is that gouging? That is one of the reasons prices got that high. I even thought about selling, at auction of course, because of that. Does it make me a bad guy to sell something at a price someone else wants to give me?

Yes I agree that people buying out retail supplies to resale does not help, but it is EASY to stop them. DONT buy it. As long as there are people WILLING to pay it will continue. You might look up how monopolies work also. To have a monopoly it has to be controlled by one or it is not a monopoly.........

What about price. If I try and sell a box of ammo for $50 that I paid $50 is that gouging? What if that same ammo had previously sold for $25/box? So do I sell for $25 at a loss? What if I have 2 boxes of that same ammo that I paid different prices for? Say I paid $10 for one and $20 for the other. Am I a gouger if I sell both for $25 a box?

Yes I agree that people buying out retail supplies to resale does not help, but it is EASY to stop them. DONT buy it. As long as there are people WILLING to pay it will continue. You might look up how monopolies work also. To have a monopoly it has to be controlled by one or it is not a monopoly.........

yes i agree panic-buyers prepping for dooms-day have driven prices but trolls buying out supplies in order to sell to said preppers have prolonged/worsened the shortage. i'm not saying that one person/party has a total monopoly either which is why it will be so easy to break the cycle.

i'm not saying that it's a "crime" for people to gouge, more like it's something that is harmful to shooting as a sport and also harmful to the 2nd amendment and i will exercise what power i have to counteract such practices.

The only ones complaining are the ones that failed to be prepared. Have I needed to buy any ammo in the last year NO, I was prepared because of all the previous ammo shortages that have taken place. I have enough store bought ammo on hand and enough reloading components to last quite a while still. So is it the person buying it in the stores fault or is it yours for not being adequately supplied when the recent shortage hit?

Maybe, just maybe, you'll learn from this shortage so when the next one hits you wont be such a whiner.

The only ones complaining are the ones that failed to be prepared. Have I needed to buy any ammo in the last year NO, I was prepared because of all the previous ammo shortages that have taken place. I have enough store bought ammo on hand and enough reloading components to last quite a while still. So is it the person buying it in the stores fault or is it yours for not being adequately supplied when the recent shortage hit?

Maybe, just maybe, you'll learn from this shortage so when the next one hits you wont be such a whiner.

I AM NOT SHORT OF AMMO. i have excess ammo that i am selling and hope that others will sell as well in order to drive prices back to normal. i also have defense ammo and plenty of reloading supplies as well.

also, i'm not whining... and it doesn't sound like you really read this thread either. i'm not whining saying "it's not fair"... rather, i'm taking action to stop gouging that is harmful to the firearms community.

I AM NOT SHORT OF AMMO. i have excess ammo that i am selling and hope that others will sell as well in order to drive prices back to normal. i also have defense ammo and plenty of reloading supplies as well.

also, i'm not whining... and it doesn't sound like you really read this thread either. i'm not whining saying "it's not fair"... rather, i'm taking action to stop gouging that is harmful to the firearms community.

Taking action???? The ad for the ammo you have up doesn't exactly show that, the prices listed are still higher than what I can get it for. So are you just selling to make a profit like you seem to dislike or is this thread just a way to direct traffic to your ad?

To answer the question about reading the thread, yes I did and yes you are.

:huh::huh::huh:

What is "Excess Ammo"?

The old retired dudes that cruise every store every day are buying and hoarding the .22lr.

I can honestly say after the last fiasco I am going to strive to have 1-200k rounds of 22 for barter when things get crazy next time.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top