JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was multi tasking taking a dump and sending that while being late for work. Yes I posted that. Pasted here incase anyone wanted to utilize parts of it.
Seems fitting that you would be seated upon the Porcelain Throne and releasing a Dem into the wild whilst typing a missive about gun control/mag bans...

I was multi tasking taking a dump and sending that while being late for work. Yes I posted that. Pasted here incase anyone wanted to utilize parts of it.
Well, now I know you give a bubblegum! Keep on pushing to get this gun bill defeated!

Public testimony for 5078 is done. Dan for Sporting Systems, the NRA and NSSF representatives , Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich of Spokane County all gave great Con testimony . While I didn't get the opportunity to speak my brilliant and incisive 5078 shattering testimony, all of the other folks who spoke in opposition did a fine job stating their cases against 5078.

Public testimony for 5078 is done. Dan for Sporting Systems, the NRA and NSSF representatives , Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich of Spokane County all gave great Con testimony . While I didn't get the opportunity to speak my brilliant and incisive 5078 shattering testimony, all of the other folks who spoke in opposition did a fine job stating their cases against 5078.
Awesome!!! Great job and kudos to them all!

What about the PROs? Did you hear/see any of their testimony? I assume that if you did, you were required to wipe copious tears from your reddened eyes because of the extremely gut-wrenching and heartstring-plucking emotions included in said testimony. :s0140::s0140::s0140:

What about the PROs? Did you hear/see any of their testimony? I assume that if you did, you were required to wipe copious tears from your reddened eyes because of the extremely gut-wrenching and heartstring-plucking emotions included in said testimony. :s0140::s0140::s0140:
Oh, I can guess. :rolleyes: "All you racist homophobic bible thumpers only care about your precious guns. Think about the children. Reeee!". Was that about it?

There were parents who lost kids in "mass shootings" testifying. One dickhead DA from up north who was pushing it. Then a conservative Rep leader asked that DA if he would give harsher sentences to people guilty of gun crimes/shootings and that DA went into song and dance mode. Then a different rep asked the DA "Is that a yes or no?" and the DA kept evading. Those reps did a great job of discrediting that DA and his "testimony".
And it was people of color testifying against 5078 who were calling it racist etc. It was a lot of old white liberal types testifying for 5078.

There were parents who lost kids in "mass shootings" testifying. One dickhead DA from up north who was pushing it. Then a conservative Rep leader asked that DA if he would give harsher sentences to people guilty of gun crimes/shootings and that DA went into song and dance mode. Then a different rep asked the DA "Is that a yes or no?" and the DA kept evading. Those reps did a great job of discrediting that DA and his "testimony".
Awesome! Some reps with an "R" behind their names finally grew a sac.
And it was people of color testifying against 5078 who were calling it racist etc.
That is BEYOND frik'n awesome! :s0116: I wonder how the Dems liked that, with their BIPOC demographic turning against their nanny-statism.
It was a lot of old white liberal types testifying for 5078.
Figgerz... white libs always know what's best for everyone - and they never have to abide by the rules they make. We've seen that ad nauseam...

Here's a link to a video recording of the public testimony:
To piggy back and make available, here is the study arguing for the magazine ban:

The full study is available to read with all the statistics/methods/etc. from 1972-2018 (42 years). 155 events, 2772 victims, averaged out to be 66 killed/injured a year. Compare this to opioid deaths, pollution, medical malpractice, police shootings, etc.

Also, in response to the "white liberals know best":
Skip to 18 minutes 30 minutes: 1st generation Asian American argues that THE STATE DOES NOT HELP PEOPLE OF COLOR AND MARGINALIZED GROUPS AND BILLS LIKE THIS DO NOT HELP THE MARGINALIZED GROUPS. POLICE HAVE SHOWN TO NOT PROTECT MARGINALIZED GROUPS AND THIS ONLY FURTHER PUTS THEM AT A DISADVANTAGE

Follow that up with another Asian American and Iranian immigrant who also argued similar points that this law does not help

Tell your left leaning friends

Did I just hear a Liberal say outloud that my chance of defending myself against criminals is greatly reduced when I have to pause to change magazines after shooting ten rounds?

Anyone?
Bueller?

I signed up as a con against the bill and waited through 45 minutes of the zoom hearing to not hear my name called to testify against the bill. Sad, because at 67, I am "grandfathered" in with my multiple previously purchased standard capacity magazines, but for young people, if this bill passes, they will never get to experience the liberty that we enjoyed for the previous half century+ in this formerly great state. The majority of my standard capacity magazines will be gifted to my son before the law takes effect, if it passes. Just in case it survives the court challenge of its constitutionality.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top