JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can you attend the meeting vertically to share your views?
Generally, when people attend meetings they do so vertically. Getting into the room requires walking, which is hard to do laying down. I mean, I suppose you could attend horizontally, but you may have trouble getting to your seat - the aisles are a bit tight. That and the Wal-Mart greeters there might object to the abnormal behavior, though I'm sure if you were to tell them you identify as horizontal they'd be required to let you in to avoid a discrimination suit.

Signed AND sent the link to 6 friends asking they and their wives sign too.
I followed up with my 6 friends this morning, they and their wives have all registered their position on the bill's website.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU REACH OUT TO FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND DO THE SAME.

My 30 minute investment here got 14 "Con" positions registered. If I can do this so can you.

I already commented but everyone send this to them these three men used guns with more than 10 rds to help two shot cops in a liberal county two days ago !!

While we are following protocols and awaiting the results of the Bellingham Police Department's investigation for all details of the attempted murders of our deputies, a few facts have become self-evident and abundantly clear. First, despite being seriously wounded and impaired by their injuries, both deputies courageously followed their training, stayed in the fight and took care of each other and area residents. Second, we are extraordinarily blessed that several armed citizens came to the deputies assistance at the critical moments when they were most vulnerable. I have contacted all three of the good Samaritans and expressed appreciation on behalf of myself and all members of law enforcement and their families. There will be a more formal recognition of these humble citizen heroes once more details of their actions can be released.

I'm incredibly proud of the injured deputies and all members of our organization; our law enforcement partner agencies involved in the response and investigation; our dispatchers upon whom our deputies rely upon as a lifeline; the Whatcom Prosecuting Attorney's Office for prioritizing this case; the Fire service and Saint Joseph's Hospital for the provision of extraordinary medical care; Support Officers Community Care for supporting the deputies' families at this difficult time; and all the citizens who prayed and expressed support.

Please join me in continued prayers for the full and complete recovery of both deputies and comfort for their families; the protection of all law enforcement officers; and a return to law and order in our state and nation.

Bill Elfo, Sheriff

Generally, when people attend meetings they do so vertically. Getting into the room requires walking, which is hard to do laying down. I mean, I suppose you could attend horizontally, but you may have trouble getting to your seat - the aisles are a bit tight. That and the Wal-Mart greeters there might object to the abnormal behavior, though I'm sure if you were to tell them you identify as horizontal they'd be required to let you in to avoid a discrimination suit.

Lol I guess I was up to early, I meant virtually obviously

This is the 2022 DIRECT EMAIL contact for the Washington State House & the Senate.

I separated them by party & left the district they serve in the list. I hope it helps.

Senate
Andy BilligD3[email protected]
Reuven CarlyleD36[email protected]
Annette ClevelandD49[email protected]
Steve ConwayD29[email protected]
Mona DasD47[email protected]
Manka DhingraD45[email protected]
David FrocktD46[email protected]
Bob HasegawaD11[email protected]
Sam HuntD22[email protected]
Karen KeiserD33[email protected]
Patty KudererD48[email protected]
Marko LiiasD21[email protected]
Liz LovelettD40[email protected]
John LovickD44[email protected]
Mark MulletD5[email protected]
Joe NguyenD34[email protected]
T'wina NoblesD28T'[email protected]
Jamie PedersenD43[email protected]
Emily RandallD26[email protected]
June RobinsonD38[email protected]
Christine RolfesD23[email protected]
Rebecca SaldañaD37[email protected]
Jesse SalomonD32[email protected]
Tim SheldonD35[email protected]
Derek StanfordD1[email protected]
Yasmin TrudeauD27[email protected]
Kevin Van De WegeD24[email protected]
Lisa WellmanD41[email protected]
Claire WilsonD30[email protected]
John BraunR20[email protected]
Sharon BrownR8[email protected]
Perry DozierR16[email protected]
Phil FortunatoR31[email protected]
Chris GildonR25[email protected]
Brad HawkinsR12[email protected]
Jeff HolyR6[email protected]
Jim HoneyfordR15[email protected]
Curtis KingR14[email protected]
Jim McCuneR2[email protected]
Ron MuzzallR10[email protected]
Mike PaddenR4[email protected]
Ann RiversR18[email protected]
Mark SchoeslerR9[email protected]
Simon SefzikR42[email protected]
Shelly ShortR7[email protected]
Keith WagonerR39[email protected]
Judy WarnickR13[email protected]
Jeff WilsonR19[email protected]
Lynda WilsonR17[email protected]

House
Jessica BatemanD22[email protected]
April BergD44[email protected]
Steve BergquistD11[email protected]
Liz BerryD36[email protected]
Dan BronoskeD28[email protected]
Lisa CallanD5[email protected]
Mike ChapmanD24[email protected]
Frank ChoppD43[email protected]
Eileen CodyD34[email protected]
Lauren DavisD32[email protected]
Laurie DolanD22[email protected]
Brandy DonaghyD44[email protected]
Davina DuerrD1[email protected]
Debra EntenmanD47[email protected]
Jake FeyD27[email protected]
Joe FitzgibbonD34[email protected]
Noel FrameD36[email protected]
Roger GoodmanD45[email protected]
Mia GregersonD33[email protected]
David HackneyD11[email protected]
Drew HansenD23[email protected]
Kirsten Harris-TalleyD37[email protected]
Laurie JinkinsD27[email protected]
Jesse JohnsonD30[email protected]
Steve KirbyD29[email protected]
Shelley KlobaD1[email protected]
Mari LeavittD28[email protected]
Debra LekanoffD40[email protected]
Nicole MacriD43[email protected]
Melanie MorganD29[email protected]
Timm OrmsbyD3[email protected]
Lillian Ortiz-SelfD21[email protected]
Tina OrwallD33[email protected]
Dave PaulD10[email protected]
Strom PetersonD21[email protected]
Gerry PolletD46[email protected]
Alex RamelD40[email protected]
Bill RamosD5[email protected]
Marcus RiccelliD3[email protected]
Alicia RuleD42[email protected]
Cindy RyuD32[email protected]
Sharon Tomiko SantosD37[email protected]
Mike SellsD38[email protected]
Tana SennD41[email protected]
Sharon ShewmakeD42[email protected]
Tarra SimmonsD23[email protected]
Vandana SlatterD48[email protected]
Larry SpringerD45[email protected]
Monica Jurado StonierD49[email protected]
Pat SullivanD47[email protected]
Jamila TaylorD30[email protected]
My-Linh ThaiD41[email protected]
Steve TharingerD24[email protected]
Javier ValdezD46[email protected]
Amy WalenD48[email protected]
Emily WicksD38[email protected]
Sharon WylieD49[email protected]
Peter AbbarnoR20[email protected]
Andrew BarkisR2[email protected]
Matt BoehnkeR8[email protected]
Michelle CaldierR26[email protected]
Kelly ChambersR25[email protected]
Bruce ChandlerR15[email protected]
Rob ChaseR4[email protected]
Chris CorryR14[email protected]
Tom DentR13[email protected]
Jeremie DufaultR15[email protected]
Mary DyeR9[email protected]
Carolyn EslickR39[email protected]
Greg GildayR10[email protected]
Keith GoehnerR12[email protected]
Jenny GrahamR6[email protected]
Dan GriffeyR35[email protected]
Paul HarrisR17[email protected]
Larry HoffR18[email protected]
Cyndy JacobsenR25[email protected]
Mark KlickerR16[email protected]
Brad KlippertR8[email protected]
Vicki KraftR17[email protected]
Joel KretzR7[email protected]
Drew MacEwenR35[email protected]
Jacquelin MaycumberR7[email protected]
Bob McCaslinR4[email protected]
Joel McEntireR19[email protected]
Gina MosbruckerR14[email protected]
Ed OrcuttR20[email protected]
Eric RobertsonR31[email protected]
Skyler RudeR16[email protected]
Joe SchmickR9[email protected]
Mike SteeleR12[email protected]
Drew StokesbaryR31[email protected]
Robert SutherlandR39[email protected]
Brandon VickR18[email protected]
Mike VolzR6[email protected]
Jim WalshR19[email protected]
J.T. WilcoxR2[email protected]
Alex YbarraR13[email protected]
Jesse YoungR26[email protected]

Was my entry today.

Please do not support this bill to restrict a Non Criminals right to defend themselves.

Defunding the Police has led to a major rise in violent crime, the public needs more protection from criminals, not less.

Thank you so much.
This is a sentiment I share, but as far as I know there hasn't been any actual defunding of police in Washington State. I live in Seattle, and conservatives have connected "Defund The Police" to the crime spike.

However, I'm sure everyone in elected office is aware that SPD (and I presume other jurisdictions) budgets decreased in proportion to the entire city budget as covid's closure of business decreased tax revenue across the board. The SPD budget was never changed *after* the protests, though some progressives tried to spin the general decrease in tax revenue's affect on the budget as a defunding effort.

It wasn't, and anyone in elected office is going to know that.

I would focus on:

1. This is needlessly inflaming partisan divide with measures proven statistically impotent in other states.
2. This will be enforced selectively and disproportionately at people of color (we're dealing with democrats, remember)
3. This creates a patchwork which will treat some people (non LEOs) as second class citizens.
4. It interferes with my right to the dignity of self defense.

I sent well written response from a clinical social work perspective and that I work in juvenile court. I pray the 43 (D)'s I sent it to read it. I doubt most will 85% have their mind made up. It's that 10-20% we have to

I sent well written response from a clinical social work perspective and that I work in juvenile court. I pray the 43 (D)'s I sent it to read it. I doubt most will 85% have their mind made up. It's that 10-20% we have to
Not be too cynical, but the D reps around here tend to send kneejerk responses to "oppose" constituents and do not appear to actually read what folks write. Well, maybe they send love letters to "support" constituents. I wouldn't know.

But it is great that you went above and beyond just sending a cut and paste.

Last Edited:
Not be too cynical, but the D reps around here tend to send kneejerk responses to "oppose" constituents and do not appear to actually read what folks write. Well, maybe they send love letters to "support" constituents. I wouldn't know.

But it is great that you went above and beyond just sending a cut and paste.
I live in Jamie Pederson's district. He literally writes all these bills (or sponsors them prewritten by lobbyist, idk, but they're his) because he reps Cap Hill in Seattle. He actually, personally, replied to me from his personal email like 2 years ago at 1AM and we exchanged a few messages. Obviously the guy that writes the bill isn't going to be swung by a constituent but I was impressed he was willing to chat with me about it while burning the midnight oil.

Yes mostly its boiler plate most of the time. I'm just encouraging people to write without being rageful, as angry as this makes us, or at least me.

@Chess Lover has some great talking points in this post to make it really easy to copy/paste and edit to your particular liking so you can contribute WRITTEN testimony. This makes it way easier to fire off your thoughts with these talking points. It helped me to gel some thought I had running around in my head that I couldn't put to paper, so to speak. It's as easy as copying Chess Lover's text, going to the site and clicking through, then pasting it into the dialog box. Too easy!

FYI:
There's a function on the site to see who's registered to testify and who has noted their position on the bill (no function to see how many/what position for written testimony). It is sortable by PRO, CON, and Other. As of 0045 hrs Tuesday, February 15, the totals are:

Testifying Remotely
PRO: 003
CON: 207
Other: 01
Total: 211 (98.1% AGAINST the bill)

Position Noted
PRO: 00341
CON: 10267
Other: 0011
Total: 10619 (96.7% AGAINST the bill)

So with the percentage trending AGAINST this bill even higher than the last time we shot it down, we will see just how well "our legislators" listen to their constituents come Wednesday. I'm not holding my breath, though, but this will be a lesson for all of us as to what they think of us...

Last Edited:
FYI:
There's a function on the site to see who's registered to testify and who has noted their position on the bill (no function to see how many/what position for written testimony). It is sortable by PRO, CON, and Other. As of 0045 hrs Tuesday, February 15, the totals are:

Testifying Remotely
PRO: 003
CON: 207
Other: 01
Total: 211 (98.1% AGAINST the bill)

Position Noted
PRO: 00341
CON: 10267
Other: 0011
Total: 10619 (96.7% AGAINST the bill)

So with the percentage trending AGAINST this bill even higher than the last time we shot it down, we will see just how well "our legislators" listen to their constituents come Wednesday. I'm not holding my breath, though, but this will be a lesson for all of us as to what they think of us...
Don't let up! Don't use this as an excuse not to note your position or testify.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top