JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I stand the first of my 3 annual duty days as an RSO at my local range tomorrow...
I printed off the QR code sheet at the bottom of the OP's post and will take several copies with me.
I will post those sheets on every entrance/exit door to the range house, as well as the sign-in desk, in plain view of all who come by.
I will also be telling everyone I encounter at the range tomorrow to go to the website listed and register their CON vote or to write/testify if they can.
I will not shut up nor will I be silenced in this endeavor...

Thread stuck!
1644714693312.png

Thanks Mad for posting the links and info
I came in to post the sane info but see you have already to alert other members.

I DONE it earlier and I texted the links and info to as Many people as I could and told them to pass it on to as Many as they can.

Hopefully our messages will be like the old pyramid idea and flow out to Many like a chain letter against these asinine anti-gun bullchit the libs are constantly attacking us with, when we all know it won't stop the criminals who don't give a hoot in hell about any laws.

If they did, none of us would be here now fighting to keep our "RIGHTS" That others died for over 200 years ago to keep us free. They must be rolling over in thier Graves seeing today Whats happening, that they died for back then.

I think Kid Rock Said it good here:

Heads up, Kid Rock does use the F word in his video, but he does send the message out to the government letting them know we are all tired of being controlled. Like the truckers in Canada are showing thier government.

Kid rock " Let's go Brandon" video

Keep Fighting My Friends. Better to go fighting standing up. Than begging on our knees.

Last Edited:
Cross post, but done & shared, with the following testimony provided:

Legislation affecting a constitutional right must be carefully considered, all possible efforts taken to limit that infringement. The benefit to society must be weighed against the infringement of the individual right, and the legislation should only be passed into law if such benefit is clearly demonstrable and significantly outweighs the potential negative effects of the infringement. Where legislation is passed that does infringe on the rights of citizens, a mechanism for re-evaluation in the future is necessary to ensure the purpose of the law is being served, and to validate that the infringement of that right is still necessary for the public good.

This legislation fails all of the above points. The stated goal is to "increase public safety", but:

It fails to define how public safety will be improved by the measure.

It fails to show evidence that similar measures have been successful.

It fails to define what success looks like, or quantifiable metrics to measure the law's effectiveness.

It fails to provide for periodic re-evaluation / re-assessment of the infringement.

It fails to show how it will be enforced consistently and fairly.

It fails to define how it will prevent discrimination or targeting of specific groups.

It fails to demonstrate what effort (if any) was made to mitigate infringement on constitutional rights.

In short, this legislation will not serve its stated purpose. There are millions of magazines owned by law-abiding citizens in this state. If this measure passes, the number of magazines will not change, but the citizen's status of "law abiding" will be subject to interpretation. This creates a MASSIVE potential for selective enforcement, abuse, and discrimination.

There is no justification to support the "10 bullet" limit. No experts in self-defense or law enforcement were asked for input. The number was selected by persons with no knowledge of firearms, no stake in the outcome, and no interest in the impact on firearm owners.

Unlike what we see in movies, a single bullet will not reliably stop a threat intent on causing harm. For a bullet to have a maximum stopping effect, it must strike a critical area and cause enough trauma to impair the threat's ability to continue causing harm. It often takes multiple shots to the center of mass before the assailant ceases to be a threat. An assailant may stop their attack after only one or two shots, but usually because they CHOOSE to stop, not because they were rendered unable to continue.

Ammunition capacity needs depend on the person's environment. In an area with low crime rates, visible police presence, and limited history of violent encounters, 10 bullets may be adequate for most situations. In an area with higher crime rates, less visible police presence, signs of gang activity, and history of violent incidents by multiple perpetrators, 10 bullets may not be adequate. In an area where the police are unable to enforce law due to social unrest and violent confrontation against multiple assailants is possible, 10 bullets is not adequate.

Violent crime is often perpetrated by persons under the influence of controlled substances. Numerous law enforcement shootings provide evidence that more than 10 bullets may be necessary to stop a person under the influence of controlled substances, or who is uniquely motivated to cause harm to others. Home invasions and violent alterations often involve multiple perpetrators, who are often armed, and often under the influence of controlled substances.

In the end, if this legislation is passed, law-abiding citizens will be forced to choose between complying with an ill-conceived law that limits their ability to defend themselves and placing themselves in legal jeopardy to ensure an effective means of self-defense.

This legislation will adversely affect the safety of low-income citizens, and those living in high-crime areas. Persons of color are disproportionately represented in these demographics, and will bear the brunt of this effect. For a governing body to consider placing the citizens they have sworn to serve in such an untenable position is unconscionable. Such negligence, arrogance, elitism, and racism has no place in our society.

Gun violence is a serious issue in this country; wishful thinking, good intentions, and infringement on the rights of the citizen will not keep firearms out of the hands of those who would misuse them. Legislation should address the ROOT CAUSES of this problem:

Ignorance of gun safety

Ignorance of firearm laws / when use of deadly force is appropriate

Lack of firearm-related education

Lack of situational awareness training

Lack of conflict resolution training

Lack of legal means to prevent high-risk persons from accessing firearms

Lack of enforcement of existing firearm laws

Such legislation would begin to address the problem without infringing on the rights of the citizen. It would undoubtedly enable participation and support from both sides of the aisle, and from the average citizen.

Cross post, but done & shared, with the following testimony provided:
That was brilliantly stated! If I may make one suggestion...
I believe the word you wanted to use was "altercation" which is misspelled as "alteration". You may want to fix that if you're going to use this passage again.

I stand the first of my 3 annual duty days as an RSO at my local range tomorrow...
I printed off the QR code sheet at the bottom of the OP's post and will take several copies with me.
I will post those sheets on every entrance/exit door to the range house, as well as the sign-in desk, in plain view of all who come by.
I will also be telling everyone I encounter at the range tomorrow to go to the website listed and register their CON vote or to write/testify if they can.
I will not shut up nor will I be silenced in this endeavor...
As mentioned above, I have prepared several signs with attention-attracting colors and text for posting at my range tomorrow...

ESSB 5078 signs.jpg

Very well written Bradstreet. I might add as others have before, that IF they would enforce the laws against Criminals that are already on the books, we wouldn't have a problem these days hardly at all.

They defund police instead, make it legal to smoke dope (trust me they will legalize harder drugs in The future, probably sooner than most people realize.

Thugs don't care about laws period, or they'd not do what they do every day.

Like back in the day they sent a message to outlaws , steal a horse and get hung with rope. Simple math there isn't it.

Public hangings sent the message that IF you break the law, this will be what happens to you. They got away from using the death penalty in most states, so criminals have very little to fear when committing crime.

They need to go back to the quick and cost effective method of throwing the rope over a tall cotton wood tree limb to stop Criminals again. IF they did that and broadcast the hangings on TV for all to see, I Garrantee you that crime rates would drop drastically in a short time.

Crooks would think twice before stealing or robbing or killing innocent people.

A LOT of society today have become limp wristed thumb suckers,, instead of being what an American was meant to be. What do you think would have happened if one person tried to steal an election by committing fraud use etc back in the founding days of this country? You can pretty much assume that a situation like someone getting hung for treason back then would not have even made a local newspaper, had they had a newspaper operation.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads