JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I signed up as a con against the bill and waited through 45 minutes of the zoom hearing to not hear my name called to testify against the bill. Sad, because at 67, I am "grandfathered" in with my multiple previously purchased standard capacity magazines, but for young people, if this bill passes, they will never get to experience the liberty that we enjoyed for the previous half century+ in this formerly great state. The majority of my standard capacity magazines will be gifted to my son before the law takes effect, if it passes. Just in case it survives the court challenge of its constitutionality.
Our children and grandchildren will have bequeathed to them the task to take back those rights. Granted, it's a lot harder to undo bad laws than to stop them, but with years of effort we did manage to make huge improvements on right to carry in many states. It can be done.

So . . . we signed in to oppose, we spread the word to our friends and Facebook groups . . . so how did we do?

Here's the answer:

We still don't know if the bill will move forward, that answer will come soon. But we know that we turned out in force, and showed them that we are watching and we aren't happy!

Thank you to everyone who supported this effort! Let's be ready to do it again if needed!

So . . . we signed in to oppose, we spread the word to our friends and Facebook groups . . . so how did we do?

Here's the answer:

We still don't know if the bill will move forward, that answer will come soon. But we know that we turned out in force, and showed them that we are watching and we aren't happy!

Thank you to everyone who supported this effort! Let's be ready to do it again if needed!
Thanks for starting this thread.

Here's a great video that discussed how things went today, the turnout, and next steps for the bill:

Interesting... I recall earlier in a similarly-themed thread there was was some mild condescension about sending in duplicate votes from several email addresses, to which I pled guilty. I saw in this video wrap-up that Cory from WCRA said that they checked for duplicates (dupes) and deleted them. What I found most curious was he said that the percentage of dupes for our position (CON) was a whopping 6%, and the percentage of dupes for the antis (PRO) was a measly 30%. You cannot convince me that a 5X cheat-rate was "an accident." And we wonder why the antis and the Dems win elections... :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
FIRE MISSION time on the 80%/homebuild ban!

Apparently nobody builds enough of their own guns to care... this is the game, the Lefties flood the zone so that while we blow our wad on one horrible bill they sneak another through while we're distracted.

I would like to thank everyone who pitched in and commented, shared and spread the message. We are each others brother in this fight. The media wont help. Social media depresses our reach. THIS is the action that set a record for sign ins, by 10,000!

This will pass out of house exec session on Friday, with no amendments. Then it will be up to leadership if they choose to bring it to a vote. That is where we will be directing our energy, the house Ds, expressly their leadership. Stay tuned and Be Relentless. #RememberInNovember

Dan
Founder - Washington Civil Rights Association
Owner - Sporting Systems/Minuteman Ammo

I would like to thank everyone who pitched in and commented, shared and spread the message. We are each others brother in this fight. The media wont help. Social media depresses our reach. THIS is the action that set a record for sign ins, by 10,000!

This will pass out of house exec session on Friday, with no amendments. Then it will be up to leadership if they choose to bring it to a vote. That is where we will be directing our energy, the house Ds, expressly their leadership. Stay tuned and Be Relentless. #RememberInNovember

Dan
Founder - Washington Civil Rights Association
Owner - Sporting Systems/Minuteman Ammo
Thank you for keeping us organized and updated!

Apparently nobody builds enough of their own guns to care... this is the game, the Lefties flood the zone so that while we blow our wad on one horrible bill they sneak another through while we're distracted.
I commented when this bill was in both chambers and sent messages to my legislators. I sounded the alarm on several YouTube channels. This bill is terrible. Machine shops and metal suppliers could be targeting for selling material that could be made into a firearm receiver. Three-D printers will be next.

I commented when this bill was in both chambers and sent messages to my legislators. I sounded the alarm on several YouTube channels. This bill is terrible. Machine shops and metal suppliers could be targeting for selling material that could be made into a firearm receiver. Three-D printers will be next.

Committee hearing which decides whether the mag bill hits the House floor for a vote is today at 330 PM! Last chance to make your points to committee members, here is a copyable list of their email addresses: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];

It's not dead yet, folks!

Contact your WA House representatives TODAY and let them know that nothing has changed and you still abhor and oppose this misguided piece of legislative crap. Urge them to vote NO to SB 5078!

This bill keeps bouncing in and out of various committees along the long legislative road to a final vote.
They're hoping to wear you down and tire you out from registering your complaints and testifying against it over and over again along the way.
Well, don't give up now!
This is our last chance to let them know how much we hate this POS bill!
The final vote could be as early as this Wednesday (the 23rd)

I just got this in my inbox this morning, from the NRA-ILA (clicky the images to embiggen them):

1645469713704.png
1645469748916.png

Contact your House representatives for your district today and let them know how you feel about this bill, before it's too late!
It's simple to edit what the NRA provides as a base, or just send it off as is. I did a little editing and this is what I wrote to my two reps:

I implore you, as a Washington resident, to OPPOSE Senate Bill 5078.

This measure will do nothing to prevent crime and will only prevent law-abiding gun owners from being able to effectively defend themselves and their loved ones when it absolutely matters. If you support this measure, you will be severely limiting your constituents' right to self-defense.

I'm sure you saw the overwhelming testimony in opposition to this bill last week during the Civil Rights and Judiciary Committee meeting held on February 16th. Over 10,000 Washington voters testified against or registered their opposition to this misguided bill, compared to less than 500 in support of it. If that doesn't show how poorly-conceived, unpopular, and unconstitutional this piece of legislation is, then I can scarcely imagine what else would.

Again, I implore you, please oppose Senate Bill 5078.

Last Edited:
Curious how the NRA only sends these things out at "five seconds to midnight" rather than calling in the Fire Missions early and hard when they have more chance to make a difference...
Probably cuz the testimony ended last Wednesday the 16th, and the Civil Rights and Judiciary Committee (CR&JC) voted on it (after said testimony) in an executive session to determine if the bill would be passed out of committee on the Friday the 18th. So, the CR&JC voted along party lines (as expected) last Friday in an 11-6 vote to send it to the Rules Committee. The Rules Committee is going to vote on it this Wednesday the 23rd. So, that is why it seems like these are "five seconds to midnight" asks by the NRA, when in fact the NRA is just following the progression of the bill through the legislative process. And in point of fact, the NRA has been sending out these asks/fire missions all along the process of this bill, as they do every anti-gun bill that comes up.

I saw the NRA's emails last year when those phuq'rz in Olympia tried this before, and I saw them again and again all through this session's attempts to get this ban passed. My belief? I suspect a lot of people see "NRA" in their inbox and just delete those emails since (I suspect) they think it's just Wayne asking for more money, which they often are. But you have to register your opposition (or support, as the individual case may be) repetitively along the progression of a bill through the various committees it passes through on its way to the Floor for a final vote. That's why it seems like there's always a new fire mission and call to action at the last minute. It's just part of the process as bills move from committee to committee where each committee takes a vote on whether to send it to the next committee, or let it die in committee. And you and I both know that a Dem can never let an anti-gun bill die in committee (although we did manage to kill this bill in committee last year). I agree it would be grand if we were all active enough early enough to kill these horrible bills at their first reading, but sadly, enough people don't get angry and involved until they hear that these sorts of bills are right around the corner to passage into law.

A helpful video to explain the process for this bill is found in @Mad Pick's Post #104, above.
While I would encourage you to watch the entire video, you can skip to the 7:12 mark to find out what happens next, and it will explain what I just said above.

Last Edited:
There is that, but my point is they should be blasting out the Fire Mission calls starting right after introduction and a few days before each stage, regularly melting the phone lines and jamming the switchboard like that time in the '90s when Dems were griping about Rush and he decided to ask all his listeners to call in and just say "this is what would happen if Rush really DID ask us all to call y'all all at once."

I got another NRA-ILA Alert last Friday evening in advance of today's introduction of HB 1705 ("ghost gun" ban) and HB 1630 (banning firearms from election-related places, school board and municipal meetings). Both of these POS bills are useless, as we all know, but they are being considered TODAY in the Senate Law & Justice Committee. Again, they bounce from committee to committee and they hope to tire us out in registering our opposition to them.

DB, I suspect that the NRA has data that tells them that if they blast these notices out too early, that people will feel they have plenty of time to go online and make their opinions known. Then, of course, people get busy, forget, etc. and not a lot of people "vote" on the bills. If the NRA puts these out much closer to when these bills hit a committee, then ( I suspect) that the NRA thinks that people will feel time-pressured and more of us will go online to register our "vote" against these POS bills. Just a conjecture on my part...

1645475034747.png
1645475064075.png

Different take - 2nd amendment was more so if not equally about shooting tyrannical government enforcers and defending the nation from foreign adversaries as it was about "self defense."

A tyrannical government who wants to control the populace doesn't care about the second reason and purposely wants to eliminate opportunity for the first reason to happen.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top