Albany Guns and Coin - ATF Raided

OP
tarster
Reactions
I

I have noticed that. What happened to CNS?
from what I heard they closed their doors, I havent talked to one of the managers there in quite some time.. maybe I should, She works for the same company I do.. Ill report back on that.

As for the being popped again... I dont know anything about that.

OP
tarster
Reactions
Ok, so if I was to open a gun store in Albany. What should I carry?
I was surprised that non of the local gun shops between salem and eugene were part of the silencershop program.. had to go to keizer to get mine..

Heard back from my co-worker and this is what she said.
"They've gotten in trouble before for receiving stolen property. They also don't always wait for background checks to come back as approved. If someone gets delayed and they don't hear anything for the allowed time frame, they will go ahead and turn the gun over. That's something we never did."

So... No solid "proof" but an idea of what may have happened.

OP
tarster
Reactions
Just got some other news, another co-worker of mine reached out this morning to a gentleman who is a friend of a friend of the owner of albany guns and coin.. and had this to say.

Just heard that the guy for Albany guns and coin has been under watch for the last two years and high possibility is being checked out for allowing a straw purchase. according to a friend of a friend and a co-worker who was texting them this morning.

As always.. take everything with a grain of salt.. its word of mouth.. must always wait for the full facts to come to light.. sometimes if they ever do.

Reactions
See! They are allowed to wait the allowed time to turn it over by law!
The liberal "man" trying to hold us down

But receiving stolen goods is BS. Unless they knowingly did so
They recover stolen goods and you lose the payment made to obtain the weapon.

This usually happens weeks, if not months after the purchase! Due to the arm not being reported stolen at the time of the purchase and then sometime there after someone reports there firearm missing.

I called for every used purchase made even though it was not required in the 1970-80s. Stuff still happens.
Silver hand

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic Customer Service!
    Recently, they helped my lady transfer a pistol to a family member in CA. Most FFLs would have told us to pound sand when we mentioned where we...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
Top Bottom